• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 48, 2013 (Nov 25 - Dec 01)

AniHawk

forgot this happened this week. really terrible for 3d world. i mean that's a huge drop. i don't have much faith in things picking up. maybe wii fit u will be a small bump.

vita tv bombed like crazy. i didn't expect that.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sellthrough:

[PS3] Gran Turismo 6 - 30-40%

Gran Turismo Portable -> Gran Turismo 6 looks like another Type-0 -> Lighting Returns situation and we are finally done with Sony's remaining big franchise in Japan. They killed everything they had.

test_account

XP-39C²
Gran Turismo Portable -> Gran Turismo 6 looks like another Type-0 -> Lighting Returns situation and we are finally done with Sony's remaining big franchise in Japan. They killed everything they had.
I dont think they could have done anything different with Gran Turismo 6. Seems to me that the appeal of this type of game has simply gone down quite a bit during the last ~10 years.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I dont think they could have done anything different with Gran Turismo 6. Seems to me that the appeal of this type of game has simply gone down quite a bit during the last ~10 years.

Well, I think the question is why.

test_account

XP-39C²
Well, I think the question is why.
In my previous reply, i was thinking more about that there isnt really that much creative leeway in a Gran Turismo game besides stuff like making new cars, new tracks, tuning options and improving the driving physics. If people lose interest in this type of game, i would say that it kinda "kills" itself, its not really the developer's fault.

While in a game like Final Fantasy, there is much more creative freedom and more things that can be done, so here its more up to the developer which direction they want to take. If they take one direction and see that people arent interested in it, they can change it up for the next game. Its harder to do that in a driving simulator.

Its an interesting question though. I think maybe one of the biggest reason for it is that people have found other interests instead, and there arent enough new gamers that are interested in the games to keep it on the same level of popularity. Same thing regarding fighting games too.

Its an interesting question though. I think maybe one of the biggest reason for it is that people have found other interests instead, and there arent enough new gamers that are interested in the games to keep it on the same level of popularity. Same thing regarding fighting games too.

Or in the context of Japan, needs moar animu vehicle skins to make it relevant to their interests again.

Which is what Bamco tried to do with the long standing Ace Combat series with Ace Combat Assault Horizon and their Idolmaster Skins (as an example), or the sudden inclusion of first person COD-like modes (with the gunner in a chopper missions) hoping to pull in two/three divergent fanbases into one game, and ended up repelling all of them lol.

The ones interested in the purest experience that only GT can offer are dwindling in numbers.

AmanoBuff

Or in the context of Japan, needs moar animu vehicle skins to make it relevant to their interests again.

Which is what Bamco tried to do with the long standing Ace Combat series with Ace Combat Assault Horizon and their Idolmaster Skins (as an example), or the sudden inclusion of first person COD-like modes (with the gunner in a chopper missions) hoping to pull in two/three divergent fanbases into one game, and ended up repelling all of them lol.

The ones interested in the purest experience that only GT can offer are dwindling in numbers.

I think this is the key.

Whereas other genres have some leeway in regards to how they can innovate, GT is characterized for providing a "pure" experience, and you can only take realism so far before it is perceived as repetitive by everyone but the most hardcore fans.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Hey THANK YOU SO MUCH! The graph at the conference shows Famitsu's revised early N64 figures, wow great find, their original figures were so low, I can finally update my dead low early famitsu N64 data!

BUT, there are no PSX charts at that link, just PS2, PSP, PS3... where'd the PSX data come from?

How many accounts are you gonna create?

dolemite

Today i went again to the main Bic Camera shop in Ikebukuro and now both versions of Dragon Quest X are sold out.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/hiska-kun/Mobile Uploads/image_zpse7a7675b.jpg

Sellthrough:

[PS3] Gran Turismo 6 - 30-40%
[WII] [WIU] Dragon Quest X - more than 80%
[3DS] Attack on Titan - 40-50%
[3DS] Bravely Default - 40%
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go 3 - 20%

[WIU] Mario & Sonic - 5%
[3DS] Gaist Crusher - bomba rabbids

Well, the GT series, once it moves to the PS4, has nowhere else to go but up.
Mario & Sonic.... just wow.

E-Cat

sörine;92675614 said:
I thought XIII 360 did okay in the usual markets (US, UK, etc)? It undersold PS3 everywhere still but the numbers weren't bad like Japan?
Considering the X360 installed base in Japan, it would have been impossible for XIII to do worse in other territories (relative to the size of the market).

Glass Rebel

If GT doesn't appeal PS3 owners anymore there are zero reasons it will appeal Vita owners.

I could see it selling merely on the fact that there is nothing like it on the platform and local multiplayer while PS3 has already seen GT5 Prologue, Prologue Spec II, GT5 and GT5 Spec III.

saichi

We were talking about a hypothetical scenario where GT6 won't sell more than 200k first week.

and GT on VITA would have sold more than 200K first week? Do you know how much GT PSP sold first week?

I could see it selling merely on the fact that there is nothing like it on the platform and local multiplayer while PS3 has already seen GT5 Prologue, Prologue Spec II, GT5 and GT5 Spec III.

Yup. that definitely helped GT PSP.

ILoveBish

Crazy to see people choosing to play an MMO on Wii over Wii U.

Wii: http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001001876367/index.html (Amazon #5)
Wii U: http://www.yodobashi.com/ec/product/stock/100000001001876368/index.html (Amazon #22)

PSV Value Pack seems to be a bit popular too, definitely more than the last few packs.

Japan is fine playing games on the 3ds, which has as much graphical power as a modern calculator. Why would they spend more for better graphics, they don't care, plus its cheaper.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

GTAIV saw multiple releases on PS3, that didn't stop GTAV selling better.

Glass Rebel

GTAIV saw multiple releases on PS3, that didn't stop GTAV selling better.

Sure, but GTA isn't like Gran Turismo. A whole new story with new characters and a new world compared to more cars with more or less slight improvements. I'm just saying that I think Gran Turismo would sell more than 200k on Vita.

saichi

Sure, but GTA isn't like Gran Turismo. A whole new story with new characters and a new world compared to more cars with more or less slight improvements. I'm just saying that I think Gran Turismo would sell more than 200k on Vita.

No you were saying that Gran Turismo would sell more than 200k first week on Vita.

hiska-kun

Can't wait for Puzzle & Dragons Z sales numbers. Adverts are running in Japan and the demo caused a good impression on players. Big game for this holiday.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Million seller big?

If you look at Comgnet pts, especially considering how the actual sales / pts ratio is increasing recently (i.e. more sales per pt)...I'd say it could become a million seller in two weeks.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Let's put it this way

Comgnet's store chain - as of December 7th, 2013

[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 558pt
[3DS] Puzzle and Dragons Z - 678pt

BriBri

I think it's worth mentioning his father in times like this
image.php

QaaQer

Let's put it this way

I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know if P&D has microtransactions on 3ds? I'd like to try the game, but mts really turn me off.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I know I've asked this before, but does anyone know if P&D has microtransactions on 3ds? I'd like to try the game, but mts really turn me off.

New game altogether (no microstransactions)

P&D is looking to have a great debut. Nintendo scored big.

L Thammy

Let's put it this way

Holy poop. And I guess this is expected to have some hold, being a more casual-focused game? Serious mobile -> handheld spinoff efforts like this would be an interesting trend to see.

Top Bottom