• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 51, 2013 (Dec 16 - Dec 22)

Super Mario 3D World

JAP.: 338.882
USA: 215.000
EUR.: ?

Total: 553.882

Let's say 150.000 - 200.000 for Europe (November), it would be at 700.000 units. With December (for Europa & USA) it should be a million seller so far.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow. Wii U is officially doing better than I expected. I believe Nintendo systems actually fall a bit next week historically, and then go back up the following week.

Super Mario 3D World

JAP.: 338.882
USA: 215.000
EUR.: ?

Total: 553.882

Let's say 150.000 - 200.000 for Europe (November), it would be at 700.000 units. With December (for Europa & USA) it should be a million seller so far.

Seems a little optimistic especially for only the month of November.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Here is another wow- Taiko Wii U sold almost 26K. Should probably at least hit 100K in another 2 weeks. The Taiko series continues to amaze legs wise.

Alrus

Madoka kinda bombed... I'm surprised, did people really hate the last movie or something? (I don't know anything about Madoka...)

Can we expect the new Sword Art Online game to suffer the same fate?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
is this real life? 100k WiiU?

christ please be true. Stabilize at 50K PLSSSS

also, go Mario!

edit: Merry Christmas to everyone!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The same guys from last week were so happy with their Vita Tv that they went back to the store and got a second one

So here is the question, although the WiiU hardware jump was probably mainly down to the Holidays, why was it so much larger in Japan than it was in America ?. Advertising, the NSMB + Wii Party + Wiimotion Plus bundles or something else ?...

Whatever it was Nintendo need to translate that success to the rest of the World. These sales show that the console is not a complete failure in concept and appeal that some would suggest.

jett

D-Member
I'm actually surprised the Wii U hasn't collapsed yet. Post holiday season will tell the true tale I guess.

So here is the question, although the WiiU hardware jump was probably mainly down to the Holidays, why was it so much larger in Japan than it was in America ?. Advertising, the NSMB + Wii Party + Wiimotion Plus bundles or something else ?...

Whatever it was Nintendo need translate that success to the rest of the World. These sales show that the console is not a complete failure in concept and appeal that some would suggest.

No it doesn't. The Gamecube sold well during the holidays as well. Now if you mean is there a chance for Wii U to reach GC sales eventually then yes I would agree that with enough bundles/advertising they could reach GC sales.

I'm actually surprised the Wii U hasn't collapsed yet. Post holiday season will tell the true tale I guess.

Er why would you expect a collapse in the busiest week of the year?

dolemite

Whatever it was Nintendo need to translate that success to the rest of the World. These sales show that the console is not a complete failure in concept and appeal that some would suggest.

WiiU in the US had to compete with the XBone and the PS4. No such competition in Japan yet.

Sage00

Once And Future Member

It's almost as if two new systems had launched in one of those regions.

ffdgh

Remember, PS4 and Xbox one were released.

urfe

I love Nintendo marketing in Japan. It's usually minimalistic and classy. They do image well. No idea what they're doing in other regions.

Also... It's all about the Deluxe White.

I bought a White Deluxe with Wii Fit U, Wii Party U and Mario U the week it was released.

Great times!

Seems a little optimistic especially for only the month of November.

Europe is a big place yo ! ;-). It would only take the game selling 40k each in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the UK to hit that mark, it's not out of the question and could actually be more than that with the Xmas bump for the second and third week of December.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game has past the 1 million mark already... BOMBA !!! :p.

liger05

different markets.

Even if the PS4/XB1 wasnt released in the West I still doubt the Wii U would be flying of the shelves.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy about those Wii U numbers! Glad to see 3DW getting some love too! At this point I feel it's well deserved for both

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Remember, PS4 and Xbox one were released.
PS360 are also way stronger in Western markets, I think that's the biggest WiiU problem there. MS and Sony can undercut the WiiU price at any point and bundling the consoles with a bunch of AAA releases.

liger05

PS360 are also way stronger in Western markets, I think that's the biggest WiiU problem there. MS and Sony can undercut the WiiU price at any point and bundling the consoles with a bunch of AAA releases.

Yep. The next gen consoles are only part of the problem for the Wii U over here. They just cant compete against the deals you can get on 360/PS3

Holy fuck at Wii U and that Pokemans bump. Geez.
Damm. Looks like 3DS won't make it to 5m ltd YTD.
Fixed, and sadly, it won't. :(
Luigi's mansion is so close to one million...
Looks like it will get there next week... finally!
Famitsu

Pokemon X / Y: 231.112 (3.820.346)

Animal Crossing: 44.691 (3.979.859)

So, who wins the 4.000.000 - race. ^^
At this rate, we may have a tie next week. So bring on the race to 5 million to decide this.
d[-_-]b;94756606 said:
Nice bump for Wii U but the baseline after the holidays is not going to be pretty.
We know that, but can we at least enjoy the sales in this moment? Thank you.
How long will this wii u bump last?
Til after the holidays... duh!

GameCube, 2001:
Week 49, 52,806
Week 50, 100,882
Week 51, 168,268
Week 52, 130,719

GameCube, 2002:
Week 49, 39,849
Week 50, 44,902
Week 51, 66,410
Week 52, 60,290

GameCube, 2003:
Week 49, 38,264
Week 50, 55,962
Week 51, 128,502
Week 52, 168,766

Wii U, 2012:
Week 49, 308,570
Week 50, 130,653
Week 51, 122,356
Week 52, 76,760

Wii U, 2013:
Week 49, 46,773
Week 50, 72,982
Week 51, 119,159

Make sense for the bump.

No it doesn't. The Gamecube sold well during the holidays as well. Now if you mean is there a chance for Wii U to reach GC sales eventually then yes I would agree that with enough bundles/advertising they could reach GC sales.

GameCube lifetime sales are the best Nintendo can hope for regarding WiiU at this stage imo infact after it selling 3k per week in Japan and 30k per month in America in its first year I think they would secretly be ecstatic with 21 million lifetime sales. Their investors obviously won't be...

Majmun

Wow at Wii U

Totally forgot that Drakengard 3 was released in Japan already. How was the reception? Really looking forward to it

GameCube lifetime sales are the best Nintendo can hope for regarding WiiU at this stage imo infact after it selling 3k per week in Japan and 30k per month in America in its first year I think they would secretly be ecstatic with 21 million lifetime sales. Their investors obviously won't be...

I think he meant Japan only. Imo Japan is the only place it can match the GC. It's going to be a lot worse in other regions.

Already? It stayed weeks in the charts (month?). I think that's pretty good for FF games when it comes to legs. It's not a Nintendo game or Monster Hunter :/
It sold pretty terrible for a FF title on console. In any case, the XIII saga is done and dusted, time to look forward to next week's sales for glorious numbers for FF X/X-2 HD :D

Totally forgot that Drakengard 3 was released in Japan already. How was the reception? Really looking forward to it
I think it was the best reviewed Drakengard game by Famitsu. Sales are also pretty good, better than Nier at least.

Top Bottom