• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2013 (Feb 04 - Feb 10)

a game that was released more than 6 months ago and already sold 650k units, how much could it push hardware ?

people who wanted to play DQ10 already bought the game in August...

look at Hokuto no Ken 2, released a month and a half after PS360, the 2nd week was already out of top30 (and #30 was around 2,5k) while PS3 version sold 3k (and PS3 version has sold more than 200k units)

Shocking news: Ken's Rage 2 sold more on PS3 than Wii U! Also: Ken's Rage 2 flopped on PS3, I think no one was thinking a breakthrough success on Wii U; even Namco decided to opt for a digital release only in Europe...

Anyway, I do think DQX won't be big, but it's one of the few releases in the first half of the year, hence the userbase might be starved at that point and simply buy everything. We have seen Vita games like Demon Gaze and Monster Monpiece, that in normal circumstanced they would have sold one third than what they actually did.

Where, in Japan? The big franchise that underperformed massively was the one that was expected to. How many Wii titles will carry their sales at Wii U?

So, on 3DS some franchises were expected to underperform (wrt what? Because I seriously doubt Brain Training did not recoup development costs; and we don't know Nintendo expectations, but I doubt they expected something like the first entries; I mean, they kept releasing training games and they saw by themselves the decline of the genre), but on Wii U some Wii franchises are not expected to? Of course they will do. I think everyone accepted the fact that Wii Fit U won't sell 3.5 mln units, and Wii Party 2 mln units.

But also 3DS saw a big decline in software sales, and not only for Animal Crossing; NSMB2 declined wrt the first one, Girl's Mode declined, Art Academy as well, Nintendogs as well.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So, on 3DS some franchises were expected to underperform (wrt what? Because I seriously doubt Brain Training did not recoup development costs; and we don't know Nintendo expectations, but I doubt they expected something like the first entries; I mean, they kept releasing training games and they saw by themselves the decline of the genre), but on Wii U some Wii franchises are not expected to? Of course they will do. I think everyone accepted the fact that Wii Fit U won't sell 3.5 mln units, and Wii Party 2 mln units.

But also 3DS saw a big decline in software sales, and not only for Animal Crossing; NSMB2 declined wrt the first one, Girl's Mode declined, Art Academy as well, Nintendogs as well.

Who cares if Brain Age recouped development costs. The sales of that game collapsed and it was very easy to see the specific game would underperform very bad. 3DS may have a decline in software sales for some games, not all of them, but the reality is the machine has no contest and things will only get better.

As it is very easy to see most if not all big Wii U titles won't just decline but dive at sales.

Since some are so sure Nintendo has the power to revive Wii U alone we'll see how many million sellers there will be this time. Even better how many multimillion?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2013 (Feb 04 - Feb 10)

01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden <RPG> (Square Enix) {2013.02.07} (¥6.090) - 827.922 / NEW <83,29%>
___

21./05. [PS3] PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale <FTG> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.01.31} (¥5.980)
22./12. [PS3] Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.01.24} (¥7.140)
23./27. [NDS] Pokèmon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokèmon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
24./16. [PSP] Digimon Adventure <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.17} (¥6.280)
25./31. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
26./29. [3DS] Magician's Quest: Magical Town <ETC> (Konami) {2012.12.20} (¥4.980)
27./37. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980)
28./35. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
29./33. [3DS] Pokèmon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity <RPG> (Pokèmon Co.) {2012.11.23} (¥4.800)
30./50. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Special Price) <PZL> (Sega) {2012.12.13} (¥2.940)
31./40. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.09.27} (¥4.800)
32./23. [PSP] Gintama no Sugoroku <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.24} (¥6.280)
33./43. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
34./49. [3DS] Toriko: Gourmet Monsters! <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.13} (¥5.800)
35./44. [PS3] Battlefield 3: Premium Edition <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.13} (¥9.240)
36./18. [PSP] Renai 0 Kilometer Portable # <ADV> (Alchemist) {2013.01.31} (¥7.140)
37./38. [PS3] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational # <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2012.11.22} (¥4.980)
38./36. [PS3] Yakuza 5 # <ADV> (Sega) {2012.12.06} (¥8.800)
39./34. [PSP] One Piece: Romance Dawn - Bouken no Yoake # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.20} (¥5.980)
40./00. [WII] Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2012.08.02} (¥6.980)
41./00. [3DS] PachiPara 3D: Deluxe Umi Monogatari - PachiPro Fuuunroko - Hana Kotou no Shoubushi Tachi <TBL> (Irem Software Engineering) {2013.02.07} (¥6.090)
42./00. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.11.01} (¥3.980)
43./48. [3DS] Kobito Zukan: Kobito Kansatsu Set <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2012.07.26} (¥5.040)
44./00. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800)
45./41. [PSP] AKB1/149: Love Election # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.20} (¥7.329)
46./45. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Subtitled Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.11.22} (¥7.980)
47./22. [WIU] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.01.31} (¥8.190)
48./47. [WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.12.08} (¥4.800)
49./00. [WII] Mario Party 9 <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.04.26} (¥5.800)
50./00. [WII] Mario Kart Wii <RCE> (Nintendo) {2008.04.10} (¥5.800)

Top 50

3DS - 19
PS3 - 11
PSP - 8
WII - 5
WIU - 4
PSV - 2
NDS - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |  1.337.000 |    586.000 |    643.000 |  5.768.000 |  5.769.000 |

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
New releases {2003.02.21}

[3DS] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.800)

[PSV] Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta - Re:Incarnation <ETC> (Gust) (¥7.140)
[PSV] NextRev: Sharoushi Shiken <EDU> (Media-5) (¥4.300)

[PSP] Tokyo Yamanote Boys Portable: Dark Cherry Disc # <ADV> (5pb.) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Tokyo Yamanote Boys Portable: Dark Cherry Disc [Limited Edition] <ADV> (5pb.) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Desert Kingdom Portable # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.040)
[PSP] Desert Kingdom Portable [First Press Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Grisaia no Kajitsu: La Fruit de la Grisaia <ADV> (Prototype) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Toaru Majutsu no Kagaku no Ensemble # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.280)
[PSP] Toaru Majutsu no Kagaku no Ensemble [First Press Limited Edition] <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥9.980)
[PSP] Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 3 (PSP the Best) <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥2.800)
[PSP] Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP the Best) <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥2.800)
[PSP] Toriko: Gourmet Survival! (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥2.800)
[PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Impact (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥2.800)
[PSP] Black Panther 2: Yakuza Ashura Chapter (Sega the Best) <ADV> (Sega) (¥2.940)

[WIU] Tank! Tank! Tank! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥5.040)

[PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ADV> (Konami) (¥6.980)
[PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Premium Package] <ADV> (Konami) (¥9.980)
[PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance [Kill Ablative Package] <ADV> (Konami) (¥31.960)
[PS3] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PlayStation 3 the Best) <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[PS3] Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi (PlayStation 3 the Best) <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[PS3] Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[PS3] Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Storm 2 (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[PS3] Yakuza: Dead Souls (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ADV> (Sega) (¥2.940)
[PS3] Binary Domain (Sega the Best) <ACT> (Sega) (¥2.940)
[PS3] Mass Effect 3 (EA Best Hits) <RPG> (Electronic Arts) (¥3.654)

[360] Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (Platinum Collection) <STG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥3.800)
[360] Muchi Muchi Pork! & Pink Sweets (Cave the Best) <STG> (Cave) (¥2.940)

VAPitts

So, you're absolutely certain that Sony have no intention to do anything at all for the Vita?

Yet you're equally certain that Nintendo are bringing the heat and people just need to be patient?

That seems like an odd stance to take so forcefully.

yeah your right Dave, like u always are...

Who cares if Brain Age recouped development costs. The sales of that game collapsed and it was very easy to see the specific game would underperform very bad. 3DS may have a decline in software sales for some games, not all of them, but the reality is the machine has no contest and things will only get better.

As it is very easy to see most if not all big Wii U titles won't just decline but dive at sales.

Since some are so sure Nintendo has the power to revive Wii U alone we'll see how many million sellers there will be this time. Even better how many multimillion?

Last year, who could predict AC success? Honestly. No one. Nintendo was going to ship 200k units first week. Nintendo. No one, I repeat, no one, was expecting such a big success. And people were even wondering why Nintendo left 3DS without releases in January. Because of AC. But no one expected.

I'm not saying Wii U will have something similar, but leave completely out of the picture the success of some IP (Super Smash, Mario Kart, etc.) is specious.

If Nintendo really expands the online in ACU then it could be their answer to MS having Minecraft imo. Not the same; but still a big thing.

Updated Marvelous shipments (as of Dec 31st):

Senran Kagura Burst: 106k
Rune Factory 4: 168k

(It also says the Wii version of Muramasa has shipped 100k, but I don't know if it's domestic only or worldwide. And Senran Kagura series is over 200k.)

Last quarter.
Thx Road.

A bit random, but here's other shipment data for 3DS-games:

fefe.PNG

*I've only western shipment data for Kingdom Hearts and Theatrhythm, that's why they're combined with japanese Famitsu sales.

*Monster Hunter is not included because the sales data is higher than the official shipment data (and since I filtered this by the term "shipped" it isn't included) ^^
It should be around 1.800.000 units.

*Animal Crossing sales are Famitsu data, don't know why there's "shipped". xD

Well MarvelousAQL has and is likely to have for 3DS:

KAIO: King of Pirates
Dragon Marked for Death (still not properly unveiled yet)
Rune Factory 5 (announced in name only)

Hopefully we see DMFD FINALLY in next week's Direct.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Last year, who could predict AC success? Honestly. No one. Nintendo was going to ship 200k units first week. Nintendo. No one, I repeat, no one, was expecting such a big success. And people were even wondering why Nintendo left 3DS without releases in January. Because of AC. But no one expected.

That Nintendo got lucky with Animal Crossing doesn't mean this was the correct strategy for holidays or that something similar will happen with Wii U. Too bad they didn't have the same luck with the system outside Japan. If they had so much flexibilitty with release schedule they would have released something more for America and Europe.

As for Animal Crossing sales, they weren't something completely out of reality. Retailers were reporting increased preorders months before release, Animal Crossing Nintendo Direct had record views, Wild World keeps selling, it hadn't died like Brain Age.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really don't get why everyone seems to be so surprised with AC 3DS numbers, anything less than 3 million LTD would have been a disaster imo. 3DS would be screwed if a title like New Leaf would underperformed.

I really don't get why everyone seems to be so surprised with AC 3DS numbers, anything less than 3 million LTD would have been a disaster imo. 3DS would be screwed if a title like New Leaf would underperformed.

i think its more the speed at which new leaf has reached that number is the big shock

People seem to be surprised more by how quickly is climbed to the top 3DS game I think, not necessarily by the number. Its tracking above AC DS, but that's mainly a result of the other game being released earlier in the system's life. AC DS ended up somewhere north of 5 million IIRC.

It's sort of like how MHP for PSP took years and several re-releases before it reached 1 million but the iterations that followed usually launched well over 1 million.

It took about 3.5 years to get there. Believe it was the slowest of the DS games to get to 5 million. If this one gets there, seems like it'll do so in a shorter period, though.

Well those other games also had precedent for selling gangbusters, I doubt that even Nintendo saw it coming back then.

So Digimon World: Re:Digitize Decode is 3DS-bound apparently! :D

Now this will be telling sales-age-wise, I mean we've seen LBX do surprisingly well on 3DS (last at 180k in Famitsu), and Bandai's seen huge success with their licensed games like that Run For Money game.

Could this end up selling more than the PSP original? How did the DS games perform? What's the data for Re:Digitize FW and LTD?

L Thammy

For curiousity's sake, here's the 3DS, PS3, PSV, and WiiU numbers from Garaph and did a quick-and-dirty calculation of revenues.

Note 1: this is just initial price by sales LTD. Not at all accurate, and not a measure of profit.
Note 2: 1 PSV game, 1 3DS game, and 111 PS3 games have no price listed. These have been left out.
Note 3: Wii U has 5 games total so the averages were nonsense (~580K)

FxP3IC2.png

Additionally, here's some items that may be of interest or amusement.

bkLXgt6.png

If you compare how major ds franchises such as nsmb, brain training, nintendogs and mkds dropped in their transition to 3DS ontop of animal crossing's massive decline on the Wii; I think it was entirely expected to see a bit of decline occur with Animal Crossing. However, New Leaf is vastly outpacing Wild World which I find surprising. Obviously given stock issues it appears Nintendo wasnt expecting it either.

Dalthien

This should be the year where Namco-Bandai transitions the rest of their PSP development over to the 3DS en masse.

If you compare how major ds franchises such as nsmb, brain training, nintendogs and mkds dropped in their transition to 3DS ontop of animal crossing's massive decline on the Wii; I think it was entirely expected to see a bit of decline occur with Animal Crossing. However, New Leaf is vastly outpacing Wild World which I find surprising. Obviously given stock issues it appears Nintendo wasnt expecting it either.

MK7 hasn't dropped from MKDS. It seems likely that it will ultimately finish behind MKDS in terms of legs (although the 3DS looks to have a bright future still ahead of it, so even that might be a little premature), but MK7 has held up very well at an equal point in time. Using Famitsu numbers,

MK7 (end of 2012) - 1,905k
MKDS (end of 2006) - 1,785k

It took about 3.5 years to get there. Believe it was the slowest of the DS games to get to 5 million. If this one gets there, seems like it'll do so in a shorter period, though.
Being pedantic, but it's hard to say if it or Brain Age 2 were the slower, since BA2 did it while staying out of weekly Top 30 and mid-year Top 100. Unless they made one of those "X game passed Y million" announcements not included in my data, it's hard to nail down.
BA2

L Thammy said:
For curiousity's sake, here's the 3DS, PS3, PSV, and WiiU numbers from Garaph and did a quick-and-dirty calculation of revenues.

Note 1: this is just initial price by sales LTD. Not at all accurate, and not a measure of profit.
Note 2: 1 PSV game, 1 3DS game, and 111 PS3 games have no price listed. These have been left out.
Note 3: Wii U has 5 games total so the averages were nonsense (~580K)
Do note that software data is a couple months behind in Garaph at this point.

Bruno MB

First week: 1,862,065
Second week: 1,072,286

Only game to ever have a million-selling week two?

Yep, I'm starting to think that record will never be broken.

Pokémon Black / White was relatively close to the million mark. Had Nintendo shipped less units in its first week it would have probably smashed all records is its second week with a quick restock, the demand was extremely high. Well, at least thanks to the big first shipment it outsold Final Fantasy VIII which held the record for the biggest selling debut.

Biggest 2nd week:

[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 1.072.286 / 2.934.351
[NDS] Pokémon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 772.172 / 3.409.457
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 602.856 / 2.946.296

serplux

Yep, I'm starting to think that record will never be broken.

Pokémon Black / White was relatively close to the million mark. Had Nintendo shipped less units in its first week it would have probably smashed all records is its second week with a quick restock, the demand was extremely high. Well, at least thanks to the big first shipment it outsold Final Fantasy VIII which held the record for the biggest selling debut.

Biggest 2nd week:

[PS1] Dragon Quest VII: Fighters of Eden (Enix) - 1.072.286 / 2.934.351
[NDS] Pokémon Black / White (Pokemon Co.) - 772.172 / 3.409.457
[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (Square Enix) - 602.856 / 2.946.296

Why exactly was second week so high for VII? Was it due to shortages, did it only have one day of tracking? Because that was simply absurd.

Bruno MB

Why exactly was second week so high for VII? Was it due to shortages, did it only have one day of tracking? Because that was simply absurd.

Dragon Quest titles are always released on Saturday (2 days of tracking). I don't know how many units Enix shipped in its launch but it's not hard to figure out that it was probably severely supply constrained. We are talking about the first main Dragon Quest title on the mighty PSX, so assuming they shipped below 2 million units that wasn't enough at all. Then Enix were able to send a new big shipment hence its second week sales record.

Curiously, sales for Dragon Quest VII and IX for their first 9 days are the same (2.934.351 and 2.946.296).

The biggest 2nd week for a title not released on Saturday belongs to Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (552.701).

Takao

Banned

Now this will be telling sales-age-wise, I mean we've seen LBX do surprisingly well on 3DS (last at 180k in Famitsu), and Bandai's seen huge success with their licensed games like that Run For Money game.

Could this end up selling more than the PSP original? How did the DS games perform? What's the data for Re:Digitize FW and LTD?

No.

First week / LTD
order from newest to oldest

[PSP] Digimon Adventure <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.17} (¥6.280) - 45.438 / 66.515
[PSP] Digimon World: Re: Digitize <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.19} (¥5.230) - 73.468 / 153.980

Via Famitsu as of the end of 2012, and this past week respectively.

[NDS] Digimon Story Super Xros Wars Blue - 19.389 / 49.242
[NDS] Digimon Story Super Xros Wars Red - 16.363 / 43.078
[NDS] Digimon Story Lost Evolution - 34.409 / 89.665
[NDS] Digimon World Championship - 15.167 / 41.929
[NDS] Digimon World: Dusk - 48.192 / 108.660
[NDS] Digimon World: Dawn - 29.359 / 70.072
[NDS] Digimon World DS - 41.133 / 222.621

Via Media Create as of the end of each game's respective release year.

The first and last Digimon DS games were released during the runs of Digimon Savers (Data Squad) and Xros Wars (Fusion) in Japan. Both PSP games were released post-Xros Wars broadcast.

No.

First week / LTD

[PSP] Digimon Adventure <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.01.17} (¥6.280) - 45.438 / 66.515
[PSP] Digimon World: Re: Digitize <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.19} (¥5.230) - 73.468 / 153.980

The first and last Digimon DS games were released during the runs of Digimon Savers (Data Squad) and Xros Wars (Fusion) in Japan. Both PSP games were released post-Xros Wars broadcast.
No? Those data suggest it might.

Takao

Banned
No? Those data suggest it might.

Can I have what you're smoking to think those numbers suggest a port from PSP to 3DS will sell more than 150k when the most of the individual Digimon releases on DS struggled to do half that? The PSP is not the Xbox 360, and I'd argue a game like Digimon World Re:Digitize gels more with the PlayStation audience than something like LBX did.

Can I have what you're smoking to think those numbers suggest a port from PSP to 3DS will sell more than 150k when the most of the individual Digimon releases on DS struggled to do half that? The PSP is not the Xbox 360, and I'd argue a game like Digimon World Re:Digitize gels more with the PlayStation audience than something like LBX did.
Shouldn't you compare the Digimon World games? 2 out of 3 sold over 150k.

Zenaku

No.

First week / LTD

Devil Survivor Overclocked, also an updated port (with the same character designer, but that's not really relevant), did around 60k in its first week with a much smaller user base. Little Battlers eXperience: Explosive Boost also did well, as an updated port, despite the PSP game selling several hundred thousand more than Re:Digitized.

The 3DS' current userbase could allow for a higher opening week. Not certain by any means, and but the chance is there looking at past examples of updated ports on the system. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it match or surpass the PSP version.

Takao

Banned
LBX is a very poor example to use. That's a continuing media franchise that targets the same kids who play Pokemon, and Inazuma Eleven. That series would be do better on the platforms by virtue of that. Digimon World Re:Digitize is a re-imagining of a nearly 15 year old PS1 game. It was targeting an audience a bit older than school children reading CoroCoro Comic every month.

As for Overclocked, well I could argue that benefited from launch era software-itis.

Shouldn't you compare the Digimon World games? 2 out of 3 sold over 150k.

No, because as far as Japan is concerned there were no Digimon World games on DS. The DS games were all under the "Digimon Story" (see what they did there, "DS") label in that region. The ones that were localized went under the Digimon World banner internationally because they were similar to those games. Re:Digitize is the first one in many years to have the Digimon World name in Japan. With that in mind, all you see is decline on DS, with the most popular iteration coming during the broadcast of a Digimon TV anime. There currently is no Digimon anime on TV in Japan, and Re:Digitize is a game that was already released.

Zenaku

LBX is a very poor example to use. That's a continuing media franchise that targets the same kids who play Pokemon, and Inazuma Eleven. That series would be do better on the platforms by virtue of that. Digimon World Re:Digitize is a re-imagining of a nearly 15 year old PS1 game. It was targeting an audience a bit older than school children reading CoroCoro Comic every month.

The Tales of series is often said to better resonate with the PlayStation audience, but the 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss (a PS2 game) sold better than the Vita remake of Tales of Innocence.

We don't know what portion of the 3DS userbase - if any - has an interest in Digimon, and we won't know until the game releases. The Digimon World series originally residing on the PlayStation doesn't say anything about how the game will sell on the 3DS, to the 3DS audience.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Devil Survivor Overclocked, also an updated port (with the same character designer, but that's not really relevant), did around 60k in its first week with a much smaller user base. Little Battlers eXperience: Explosive Boost also did well, as an updated port, despite the PSP game selling several hundred thousand more than Re:Digitized.

The 3DS' current userbase could allow for a higher opening week. Not certain by any means, and but the chance is there looking at past examples of updated ports on the system. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see it match or surpass the PSP version.

Nope, it debuted with 20k. You're probably confusing it with Devil Survivor 2.

Takao

Banned
The Tales of series is often said to better resonate with the PlayStation audience, but the 3DS port of Tales of the Abyss (a PS2 game) sold better than the Vita remake of Tales of Innocence.

We don't know what portion of the 3DS userbase - if any - has an interest in Digimon, and we won't know until the game releases. The Digimon World series originally residing on the PlayStation doesn't say anything about how the game will sell on the 3DS, to the 3DS audience.

Now you're comparing Vita and 3DS in regards to Re:Digitize. Congratulations, you somehow found a worse comparison than the last two. I only mentioned the platform of the first Digimon World game to show how old it was. The Re: in Re:Digitize is for re-imagining. The people LBX is targeted at weren't even alive when the first Digimon World was launched. Hence, why comparing the two is a bad idea.

Top Bottom