• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2016 (Feb 22 - Feb 28)

price drop is sure, if they do in the US (last week leaked) they will also do in Japan, but sony could put on the market a revised version.
if NX is portable a 3DS price drop would hurt its sales, so I think it's very unlikely
Price drop leak? Can you share the link?
Thanks in advance.

Darius

Banned
Looking forward to any 2DS sales report. Even more interested to know if there will be further 2DS system launches, be it as a regular unlimited or further limited/special editions. Around Youkai Watch 3 or Pokemon M/S would be an interesting time for 2DS systems launches.

About 3DS in general this year, looking at the lineup that got even more robust in the past weeks with the new announcements and release dates. End of March it will start to get a boost, with early Summer beeing even stronger and an already promising end of year with possibly MHS(?) and Pkmn.

PS4 will be likely the winner

Moor-Angol:"i dont wake up people from dreaming"
oh the irony.

L~A

I attended last year and I will again if they reveal the date before my april schedule is made.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Hope we'll get a report (if there's anything to report, obviously ;))

Please don't pick Ustream for the livestream, Hino.

Oh by the way, demo for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 is out tomorrow in Japan.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
CdDtXbkWoAczzB1.jpg:large

Eolz

Oh yeah, I remember now. Hope we'll get a report (if there's anything to report, obviously ;))

Please don't pick Ustream for the livestream, Hino.

Oh by the way, demo for Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 is out tomorrow in Japan.

He will pick nicovideo for dat stream quality.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If we don't include 2DS, is a interesting Battle, but 3DS will most likely still win.

So far is selling very similar to last year, even if The New 3DS was released by end of October, and with a strong line up This year should Sell very Close even during The Holidays thanks the pricrop and since NX is most likely not an handhelds.

Keep in mind 3DS sold 2.35 Million last year.

It will definitive Sell Close to 2 Million This year ( withouth 2DS ) and in my opinion PS4 won't even Close to This.

Btw, in my opinion 2DS should be include, so 3DS will easy win by a large margin.

Do we have estimates for the 2ds numbers?

horuhe

Any reasoning behind the PS4 shortages?

Not really. I would suppose those are sales in advance from what is coming, and there were not reports related with manufacturing problems. There are a bunch of games that are released in March, and even though the games launched in February were not super-sellers, they sold quite well and some better than expected.

There some japanese blogs that talk about this, in a deeper way.

http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/48024653.html
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8525927.html
http://jin115.com/archives/52122220.html

Vena

Thank you

Right now, (even if you don't factor in the 2DS, but I have) the gap is fairly constant. So regardless of whatever saturation the market has for the 3DS, the system is still maintaining a gap over the PS4 (n large part due to the stronger post-holiday weeks), and it has done so with a rather limited release window in the early quarter. Its maintaining a gap on what is effectively the legs of everything from the winter release calendar as week in and week out the two platforms are largely within stone's throws of one another give or take a release.

These graphs (courtesy of excel as QTI has decided to continually start crashing on me) illustrate the point well enough. I factored in the 2DS at YSO average of 95k, on the LTD but did not include it in the averages (average is cumulative):

Both systems have multiple (supposedly) major releases coming up.

People buying PS4 like crazy to play SFV
Kappa
Sony clearing stock for nx ramp up production and release
Oh, you guys lol.

Not really. I would suppose those are sales in advance from what is coming, and there were not reports related with manufacturing problems. There are a bunch of games that are released in March, and even though the games launched in February were not super-sellers, they sold quite well and some better than expected.

There some japanese blogs that talk about this, in a deeper way.

http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/48024653.html
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/8525927.html
http://jin115.com/archives/52122220.html
Thanks. I went to the first site you linked and did a Google translate. Here is a sentence -

"you but I how to reduce such things is I'm a plant show of arms procurement in charge."

lol

But yeah, I understand what you're saying. It represents Sony overall. They don't have a handful of big sellers but the small to mid tier sellers combine to something respectable and can play their part in creating situations like this.

COMG chart March 8, 2016

01. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 - 177pt
02. [PS4] DARK SOULS III - 142pt
03. [PSV] Summon Night 6 (combined) - 102pt
04. [3DS] Youkai Sangokushi - 89pt
05. [PSV] Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- X - 77pt
06. [PSV] Digimon World -next 0rder- - 70pt
07. [WiiU] POKKEN TOURNAMENT - 62pt
08. [PS4] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 54pt
09. [PS4] The Division - 44pt
10. [PS4] DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme3 ​​Fortune (combined) - 44pt
11. [PS3] Star Ocean 5 -Integrity and Faithlessness- - 24pt
12. [PS4] Summon Night 6 (Normal Edition) - 21pt
13. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Special Edition - 17pt
14. [PSV] DEAD OR ALIVE Xtreme3 ​​(Collector's Edition) - 15pt
15. [PS4] Uncharted 4 (Deluxe Edition) - 15pt
16. [PSV] Kin'iro no Corda 4 (Normal Edition) - 12pt
17. [PS4] Yakuza 6 - 10pt
18. [PSV] ONE PIECE BURNING BLOOD (Normal Edition) - 10pt

One Piece BB is a new entry

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Namco's newest Tales mobile game, Tales of the Rays, is an attempt to adapt the series to mobile, including the LMBS system: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195251

In more cultural news, we've now went from Famitsu not covering mobile games not all that long ago to having a 27 page feature on the anniversary of GranBlue Fantasy, a mobile game that released in 2014.

horuhe

Rakuten Weekly Comment

- PlayStation 4 is the best selling console of the week again. As commented before, PS4 was sold-out at Edion, and restricted to only one person at Joshin. PlayStation Vita sold quite well. The Starter Kit is not doing hot this week, but it's because pre-orders were high (and of course it's limited). So, it is expected an increase from the previous week.
- Super Mario Maker Set was re-stocked this week, but immediately went out of stock again. There is no date for new shipments. Nintendo 3DS, sold alongside what it has been selling, and pre-orders for the Monster Hunter Generations Start Pack were pretty big.
- Gundam Breaker 3 was the best selling game of the week. PS4 version didn't sell that far from PSV version. Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms was the most pre-ordered game, especially from other stores as Edion and Joshin.
- Momotaro Dentetsu 2010 could possibly make an appearance again in Top 30, Etrian Odyssey V pre-orders were strong this first week, and Splatoon amiibo were re-stocked again and were the best selling products outside hardware and software.

http://ranking.rakuten.co.jp/weekly/101205/

--------

This is something new. The Rakuten Monthly Chart was released some hours ago. So, I wanted to make some comments about it.

Rakuten Monthly Comment

- PlayStation 4 was the best selling console of February, in every possible term. Shiro Set made Wii U the most desirable thing on the Rakuten Shopping Mall. It climbs to the first position, and immediately falls out of the chart, due to this month's shortages.
- Shin Megami Tensei and especially some games as Attack on Titan showed better sales than expected. Yo-Kai Romance of the Three Kingdoms was the most pre-ordered game of the entire month, for other stores as Edion and Joshin.

http://ranking.rakuten.co.jp/monthly/101164/

HGH

Banned
Namco's newest Tales mobile game, Tales of the Rays, is an attempt to adapt the series to mobile, including the LMBS system: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1195251

In more cultural news, we've now went from Famitsu not covering mobile games not all that long ago to having a 27 page feature on the anniversary of GranBlue Fantasy, a mobile game that released in 2014.
I know we had a discussion about this not too long ago, but has anything really happened since that Granblue gacha scandal a couple months ago? I hear something about forcing limits on spending?
Last I recall the dominant sentiment here is "They'll create new laws that no one actually cares about/won't solve the problem". But I see now that Granblue has a new feature where if you spend X amount of cash without getting what you want you can just choose what your next gacha pull will drop.

u_neek

I'm looking forward to following preorders for FFXV. I'm sure it will launch lower than XIII, though I hope to be proven wrong, but still manage to crawl over 1m+ FW.

SPAW

I'm looking forward to following preorders for FFXV. I'm sure it will launch lower than XIII, though I hope to be proven wrong, but still manage to crawl over 1m+ FW.

I think the percent of ps4 owners with FFXV will be higher than the same metric for FFXIII (share of sp3 owners), but the total sales will probably be lower in japan both at lunch and over the long term.

duckroll

I think the percent of ps4 owners with FFXV will be higher than the same metric for FFXIII (share of sp3 owners), but the total sales will probably be lower in japan both at lunch and over the long term.

Hopefully by dinner the sales start to pick up.

L~A

Media Create:

Vita 29,937
PS4 28,863
New3DS LL 19,111
Wii U 7,260
New3DS 6,013
3DS 2,679
PS3 1,600
3DS LL 552
Xbox One 490

GB3 did pretty well, it seems. And looks like stock situation for the Wii U is improving.

Top Bottom