• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MediEvil (PS4) demo is now available

Phase

After playing it this about sums up my thoughts

giphy.gif

Phase

I'll say it again: they really missed an opportunity by not going after the Tim Burton stop-motion look with clay-figure like visuals (and we know it can be done - look at Tomorrows Children), it would have made the game something especial visually.
This would have practically sold it for me, and given it a real chance to become a stand out.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Dumbest post in this entire thread.

If you aren't shitposting anyway.

This isn't 1998 and this game isn't graphically demanding.

It's actually a game I look really much forward to. But the ps1 version had really tough frame drops, and as you say, it shouldn't be so demanding in 2019

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
for me the frame rate is not a problem... but definitive the game need to fix it, its almost imposible not get at least 50 fps when the game is not a the last of us in graphics... even this last one can be in 60 fps without problem.

The graphics are ok, but dont be a problem to drop 30 fps... i see that the main problem is the water area.

poor of the team development of the game, will be crush by Luigi Mansion 3 or another game

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

for me the frame rate is not a problem... but definitive the game need to fix it, its almost imposible not get at least 50 fps when the game is not a the last of us in graphics... even this last one can be in 60 fps without problem.

The graphics are ok, but dont be a problem to drop 30 fps... i see that the main problem is the water area.

poor of the team development of the game, will be crush by Luigi Mansion 3 or another game
I hope they include option to lock the framerate to 30 fps.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally tried this out. I actually liked this demo. The art style and presentation are great and I like these kinds of games where you have to get a key to open a gate that leads to a room, ect. Seems pretty cool. It definitely has some strange framerate dips, though.

Top Bottom