• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Community Thread | It's not over yet! -Cancelled- WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOR!?

SkyOdin

Yeah, I am a little disappointed at the lack of Aile, but considering the presence of Geo Stellar in Mega Man's Final Smash, I have to guess that it wasn't because of a decision to slight the DS games. I guess they just wanted it to be a pure line-up of blue bombers, and Mega Man ZX's red ZX mode is much more iconic than Model X form.

What I do like is the attention to detail to the color of the buster shots the different Mega Men use. Megaman.exe is using a purple shot, X is firing a yellow shot, and so on. It isn't a random assortment of colors.

Zalman

Thank you Nintendo

13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif
I would've loved to see Keiji Inafune's reaction to this. I'm sure he's even more excited than we are.

Solune

So issue #35 print version came in stores yesterday and having read to the end the advertisement for #36 has a release date of... yesterday. Does anyone know if that applies to the digital version? I'm assuming they had these issues printed for a while now and distribution got messy.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The digital edition is out on Comixology, but the print edition is not. I don't think I've seen preview pages for #36 floating around, either.

As far as I know, Bean didn't get his copy of #36 yet since he subscribes, but I'll ask him later tonight. If he didn't, they're probably delayed again. If he did, it'll be a week later for us. That bums me out. The digital edition is way ahead of the print copies, it feels like.

Sciz

Archie's always been a bit spotty about getting physical issues out. Digital's been reliably on time ever since they got on board, but something about their printing or shipping process is FUBAR.

Yup, as of right now the digital version is one entire issue ahead of print :/

Makes me feel disappointed but at least I managed to get the MMX variant this time woohoo

Solune

Aside from the Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban Piano Album coming out in a few days, Colis records is coming out with another Megaman Arrange Album spanning multiple games. All details like tracklist etc here..

http://colis.jp/?page_id=708

The crossfade demo even has timings of which genre in case you want to skip to certain samples.

https://soundcloud.com/colis-1/megaxrossmixxxfadedemo

◆Xross Fade Demo
【Genre】
Folk/BOSSA/Rock(-6:40) -> Trance/Techno/HardCore/TechDance/Electronica(-21:40) -> Chiptune(-24:00) -> Healing (-25:00)

tumblr_n470flHBHa1qhhv13o1_500.jpg

Rightfully so

Personally, I call it karma making up for me missing 34's variant

I need #35 variant to go with my #34 variant! =p

Tizoc

Anyone read the latest issue of Megaman?
So let me get this straight
Megaman 3 Story arc will feature crossover with the X characters?
I like how Gamma was introduced and how Doc Robot got its name in this issue too.

Refyref

So I was thinking of creating an OT for Mega Man V when it launches on VC, and I was wondering whether should I make an OT for it alone, and that the other ones would get separate threads, or should I rather combine II-V into one thread, since there will likely not be enough people/discussions to justify multiple threads. It would also be easier to do just one thread. On the other hand, each one getting their own spotlight would be nice.
Also, I have the most perfect OT title for Mega Man II. :p

So what do you think?

Solune

So I was thinking of creating an OT for Mega Man V when it launches on VC, and I was wondering whether should I make an OT for it alone, and that the other ones would get separate threads, or should I rather combine II-V into one thread, since there will likely not be enough people/discussions to justify multiple threads. It would also be easier to do just one thread. On the other hand, each one getting their own spotlight would be nice.
Also, I have the most perfect OT title for Mega Man II. :p

So what do you think?

I think creating one thread is good enough, and when the appropriate game comes around you can just ask a mod to change the title to whatever you'd like at the time. And when a new game releases they can always add [Updated] or something to that effect.

Refyref

I think creating one thread is good enough, and when the appropriate game comes around you can just ask a mod to change the title to whatever you'd like at the time. And when a new game releases they can always add [Updated] or something to that effect.

Yea, I guess I'll do that. Just figure out how to format it properly.

In a related matter, this was included in an e-mail I got from Nintendo:
iJscks0.jpg

Refyref

Finally

So, V is gonna be first after all then?

Yes, I believe that won the poll. We don't know if the order after V will be what came later in the poll, or by release order.

By the way, the OT I'm making is for the GB/Rockman World games. Does anyone want to make an Xtreme OT, or thinks it needs one? Or should I just throw them into my OT as well?

Solune

It's happening!

Edit: I think it's ok for the Xtreme games to be included unless someone would like to make them separate. I think it's ok to make your OT and ask someone if they'd like to claim Xtreme, and if no one speaks up you can throw them in there as well.

Edit 2: So according to Capcom-Unity Blog post by Brett, Megaman #36 should be coming out next week at the end of the month. http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2014/04/23/teaser-pages-cover-art-for-mega-man-36

I just remembered I can finally play MMX2 for cheap since I got a Wii U. Well, assuming my system works when it gets back from repairs.

Wii U is probably going to mean my first foray into the Battle Network series too.

Saligia

Neo Member
Playing around with save states in the VC releases of the Gameboy Mega Man games has me curious. Did anybody ever figure out how Eddie functions (programmatically, not a "how does that stuff fit in his head" question)? I'd have to figure that with emulators and decompilers, somebody has to have an exact formula for what Eddie will pop out now. Is it truly random and just works off of a weighted loot table or is it something more simple like a time generator (such as at 98 ticks Eddie will give out an energy refill but at 99 ticks he'll give a 1-up)?

Tizoc

The latest Megaman issue was good
loved Zero's characterization...it's like X is Ryu and Zero is Ken lol.
Also, Brightman!

Refyref

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have a question.

Do reploids have a life span?

Hey, injecting some life in this thread isn't a bad thing!

As for your question, Mega Man ZX says the version of Reploids in its time have gotten a life-span, and are in general more like humans.

In the Mega Man Zero series, reploids are said to not age, although they can be converted to look like another "age". And while it's not really discussed, it does seem like Reploids did break down if not fixed after a while, and sometimes lose the will to live.

paolo11

Hey, injecting some life in this thread isn't a bad thing!

As for your question, Mega Man ZX says the version of Reploids in its time have gotten a life-span, and are in general more like humans.

In the Mega Man Zero series, reploids are said to not age, although they can be converted to look like another "age". And while it's not really discussed, it does seem like Reploids did break down if not fixed after a while, and sometimes lose the will to live.

Reason why I asked is because I see old reploids (Megaman Zero 1). Plus, if Reploids do not age, where is Alie or commander or the rest of the other reploids?

This is my humble observation but I do think Reploids do die at a certain time frame. Just like humans.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think they just need to stay maintained like Refyref said. But who knows, you could be right.

I just don't recall any example in the story where reploids end up having an "expiration date".
I just assume most either die in war or have no one to fix them.

Reploids wanting to look old is by choice, like the one in MMZ1.

Refyref

Reason why I asked is because I see old reploids (Megaman Zero 1). Plus, if Reploids do not age, where is Alie or commander or the rest of the other reploids?

This is my humble observation but I do think Reploids do die at a certain time frame. Just like humans.

In Zero 1, one old looking Reploid talks about how he fell in love with a human, and they loved together for many years. But at some point, the woman became old, and was annoyed at how he was the same as when they've met. So he asked Ciel to change him to look old in order to continue living peacefully with her, until she died. I do think they break down, like all machinery, exactly because of the lack of many characters from X, or the state of one character that is in the story.

But actually aging and dying at a set time-frame did not come until the Reploids in ZX's era.

paolo11

In Zero 1, one old looking Reploid talks about how he fell in love with a human, and they loved together for many years. But at some point, the woman became old, and was annoyed at how he was the same as when they've met. So he asked Ciel to change him to look old in order to continue living peacefully with her, until she died. I do think they break down, like all machinery, exactly because of the lack of many characters from X, or the state of one character that is in the story.

But actually aging and dying at a set time-frame did not come until the Reploids in ZX's era.

Ah, I forgot about that. Silly me.

I guess they may not age but they do break down for a period of time thus I believe there is a life span for these guys pre ZX. Just my two cents.

Also, I want to make a controversial topic about Megaman Zero 4. This has been nagging on my end. I believe I will have disagreements with this topic but I love discussion. Can we discuss?

Refyref

Ah, I forgot about that. Silly me.

I guess they may not age but they do break down for a period of time thus I believe there is a life span for these guys pre ZX. Just my two cents.

Also, I want to make a controversial topic about Megaman Zero 4. This has been nagging on my end. I believe I will have disagreements with this topic but I love discussion. Can we discuss?

Well, this is a forum, and this is a Mega Man topic. Feel free to discuss what you want. (And as you said, disagreements can come. That's the nature of discussions.)

paolo11

Thanks. Here it goes:

In Mega Man Zero
4's ending,
I don't think
Zero died

Here is my basis on my theory:

a) Ciel stated on the ending that she believes he survived.

b) In the Rockman Zero Complete Works artbook, his status is "missing". Most of the dead reploids are status "dead".

Lame basis, I know. I just want to hear your thoughts about this.

Refyref

Thanks. Here it goes:

In Mega Man Zero
4's ending,
I don't think
Zero died

Here is my basis on my theory:

a) Ciel stated on the ending that she believes he survived.

b) In the Rockman Zero Complete Works artbook, his status is "missing". Most of the dead reploids are status "dead".

Lame basis, I know. I just want to hear your thoughts about this.

Well,
His body sure does seem to have been destroyed, again.
However, in the ZX games,
the most important biometal, Model Z, is modeled after him, and it's hinted it contains some of Zero's spirit. At the end of ZX Advent, Model Z undergoes an event similar to what Zero went through in Zero 4, but states that it is still not the end of him.
So I'd say you're at least somewhat correct,
even if he only lived on like how X did in the first Zero game. Although just how much of Model is is Zero himself is unkown.

paolo11

Well,
His body sure does seem to have been destroyed, again.
However, in the ZX games,
the most important biometal, Model Z, is modeled after him, and it's hinted it contains some of Zero's spirit. At the end of ZX Advent, Model Z undergoes an event similar to what Zero went through in Zero 4, but states that it is still not the end of him.
So I'd say you're at least somewhat correct,
even if he only lived on like how X did in the first Zero game. Although just how much of Model is is Zero himself is unkown.

Refresh my memory on this. Where is the part that
hinted Model Z contained Zero's spirit?

Also,
if he is truly dead, why can't complete works just say dead like the other reploids?

Also, the Models in ZX are somewhat a mystery. Sad that we may not hear a ZX 3 soon.

Too many questions unanswered IMO.

Refyref

Refresh my memory on this. Where is the part that
hinted Model Z contained Zero's spirit?

Also,
if he is truly dead, why can't complete works just say dead like the other reploids?

Also, the Models in ZX are somewhat a mystery. Sad that we may not hear a ZX 3 soon.

Too many questions unanswered IMO.

Honestly, I don't remember too well. Pretty sure
Model Z's creation story says it was created with "the soul of a legendary hero". Zero is also referred to as "a hero" by some characters, rather than mentioned by his name.

As for the second part, I think it's because
as is shown by ZX Advent, he will still be around as long as he's needed, even if not always under the eye of the radar.

In fact, when you think about it, that's always has been his role in the series. He's not the straightforward fighter that X is, and usually comes around at a time of trouble. In fact, when you think about it,
his status at the end of the X series (by that I mean 5, which is what Zero was tying into), the Zero series, and the ZX series are all the same. Supposed to have died, but not confirmed.

I'd love a ZX3, but Capcpom. D:

paolo11

Honestly, I don't remember too well. Pretty sure
Model Z's creation story says it was created with "the soul of a legendary hero". Zero is also referred to as "a hero" by some characters, rather than mentioned by his name.

As for the second part, I think it's because
as is shown by ZX Advent, he will still be around as long as he's needed, even if not always under the eye of the radar.

In fact, when you think about it, that's always has been his role in the series. He's not the straightforward fighter that X is, and usually comes around at a time of trouble. In fact, when you think about it,
his status at the end of the X series (by that I mean 5, which is what Zero was tying into), the Zero series, and the ZX series are all the same. Supposed to have died, but not confirmed.

I'd love a ZX3, but Capcpom. D:

Also, doesn't he
self repair anyway?

But damn it, Capcpom. Why end the series like that?

paolo11

You know, my gut is telling me to ask Inafune what really happened to
Zero after Zero 4.

One day, I will meet him. Hehehe.

Enker

One day, I will meet him. Hehehe.

How does it feel to have 10k to throw at a dinner in Japan?

On a more serious note, I kick myself for not getting my Mega Man 3 cart signed when Inafune was in New York a few years ago. That was before I knew he disliked it though.

Top Bottom