• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Arttemis

Me too. So much wasted potential.

create_thumb

catbrush

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-03-konami-closes-la-studio-responsible-for-metal-gear-online

Eurogamer understands that work on Metal Gear Online was transferred to Konami's Japanese studio shortly before the release of Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, with the Los Angeles studio providing support.

No need for all the doom and gloom. The game will still be supported and updated.

Like all the prior MGO's, which got shut down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Online

After 4 years and 4 expansions.

By who? It sounds like most talent at Konami is gone as well.

It's way more likely that said "support" will be releasing whatever is left of the PC version. They are not going to make new content for this.

I don't really see the evidence for this. According to Eurogamer, the LA studio passed off their work to Konami Japan before MGSV released.

But the Japan team were the people behind MGO1 and 2, right? So maybe this could help the game?

It really sucks that people lost their jobs. I'm sure they had ample warning, but shit man.

No need for all the doom and gloom. The game will still be supported and updated.
By who? It sounds like most talent at Konami is gone as well.

It's way more likely that said "support" will be releasing whatever is left of the PC version. They are not going to make new content for this.

RedEther

I hope the game still gets some kind of meaningful support, I don't know from who, maybe instead of working at health clubs for punishment naughty employees can work on MGO stuff. It would be such a shame for them to abandon the game because there's a great framework there to build on. At the very least I hope that patch they talked about is still happening.

Swimsuits are up.
They kind of make me wish for lower body customization. I'll probably get the infiltrator one since I've got MG coins burning a hole in my pocket, and after the Rex head made the game impossible to play I don't trust the other hats.

Bloomers

Random Q: can I play MGO3 without having to deal with FOB (and the potential loss of men/resources that comes with it)? I've yet to log into either online yet

This honestly has no bearing on whether or not we get any additional content. It's not like Kojipro LA was going to survive the massive cut-backs in console developments. If they had plans for DLC, they probably have it in the back-end and will release it in due time. IF they have any.

Wow, so not only do you need buy 3 swimsuits, one for each class, but every single colour option also costs motherbase coins, and you need pay for each costume colour individually too.

I tried it first time today. Getting shot in the back by invisible people the game. With one minute to go in the second round of the relay control game my tram was winning, the host quit and I lost all the rank ups I'd unlocked. I think that's it for me.

mf.luder

Host migration needs to happen. I've only had it happen once or twice and that was a week ago. I mainly play CD and I don't see that issue. I can imagine maybe in bounty hunter or something.

I hope I can ascend before the patch hits. I've fallen in love with elocators as infiltrator.

I tried it first time today. Getting shot in the back by invisible people the game. With one minute to go in the second round of the relay control game my tram was winning, the host quit and I lost all the rank ups I'd unlocked. I think that's it for me.

We have a GAF MGO community on PS4, most of the time we are hosting our own matches so we rarely run into that problem. And the annoyance level of the infiltrator will be heavily reduced as soon as the new patch hits.

PranooY

Can anyone tell me what the name of the weapon is, which is used to put enemies to sleep by releasing blue gas?
Is it stun grenades attached to normal weapons? How do i do that?

AKyemeni

Can anyone tell me what the name of the weapon is, which is used to put enemies to sleep by releasing blue gas?
Is it stun grenades attached to normal weapons? How do i do that?
It's the issando grenade launcher, exclusive to enforcers at level 20. It's a large firearm.

squallheart

Sigh I've been battling against people who don't have a gun in their hands and they end up killing long range... Took a screenshot of the players name to

Sigh I've been battling against people who don't have a gun in their hands and they end up killing long range... Took a screenshot of the players name to
Been happening to me too, last one was a guy in a red ghillie suit and he had a shield on his back, and I don't think that's something you can do.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I want to love this online, I truly do, but matchmaking sucks! It's nonstop spawn camping. Always! You can't win when you spawn and greeted with five opposing Walker gears or a army of people just chilling waiting for your cue to spawn.

Hopefully the November patch (if there still is one) will fix something.

Top Bottom