• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 will run at 720p on all consoles (30fps on Switch and 60fps on PS5/Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HL3.exe

I'm guessing 720p internal rendering? The game-logic and code base is rather archaic, old and weird.

Messing around with it on emulators causes all kinds of problems because of the way is was coded.

nowhat

Can we just let Nightdive do all remasters going forward?
You have a funny way of spelling "Bluepoint". But they won't be doing all remasters, what with the Sony ownership nowadays and supposedly original games as well.

God dammit, Sony, just buy them already. That way we can get some good remasters/remakes, as well as some good entries in these baren franchises.

Interesting, it's looking like either running each game through emulation or running the HD collection through RPCS3 or Xenia is still going to be the definitive experience going forward, at least for collection 1.

Very curious to see what the port for MGS4 is going to look like...

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
hahahaha!

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Dis

Cant wait till the definitive edition of the master collection of the HD collection of Metal Gear Solid comes out on PS6!

I’m so ready!!

.. what? Digital only!? Download code!?!

CJ_75

What about the PC version? Can we change the resolution to 4K? I have a 4090 PC and 65 inch A95K from Sony. Games at 1080p does not look great on this Oled TV. Perhaps I am too spoiled.

This brings back memories of 2013 and the Xbox One. 720P was in COD Ghosts, BF4, Killer Instinct as well as MGS Ground Zero. Unreal that in 2023 and on next gen hardware this will also be running at 720P/60 fps.

I was originally going to double dip on pc and switch.
Why do Konami need to Konami? All we wanted was he bare minimum and they haven't even delivered that!

proandrad

4K120fps and Konami could have had my $60. But now I’ll just wait for the holiday sale when it drops to sub $20.

Pipoqueiro

After checking out the IGN interview, and learning that they've only showed the Switch version, I'm certain that only the Switch version runs at 720p, and the PR team who talked about resolution simply do not know what the render resolution of the PS5 and Xbox versions are. It'll probably be 4k or close to it on PS5 and Series. On PC I expect an external launcher with a resolution selector that goes up to 4k.

We'll see I guess. I'm not losing sleep over this either way as I'm going to play it on PC and even if it's locked to 720p there, there'll be a mod that fixes it within 10 minutes of release.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
You have a funny way of spelling "Bluepoint". But they won't be doing all remasters, what with the Sony ownership nowadays and supposedly original games as well.

Both are great, although Nightdive do more quality of life remasters where Bluepoint go all out with full remakes. Both do a fantastic job.

I just mentioned Nightdive for the recent great work they did with Quake.

nowhat

I just mentioned Nightdive for the recent great work they did with Quake.
Yeah, I'll probably take Quake 2 for a spin, looks great. Because... I'm sure I'll get roasted to hell and back for this, but never played it way back then. FPSs have just never been my priority. But Q2 remaster looks nice.

Gambit2483

Wasn't the PS2 version of MGS2 running @ 60fps? How the hell do you decrease fps for a 15 year old game??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom