• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meteos for $10 @ some Canadian (ontario) Wal-Marts

neptunes

Yeah, I was reading some other board and this guy mentioned that he was able to purchase Meteos for $10 @ his local wal-mart. The game had a $38 label on it but showed up as $9 .98 at the cash register. Then some other members went to their local wal-marts with some able to get the game for $10 (even in BC) while other locations had fixed the flaw and were selling the game at it's original price.

I'm heading to my local wal-mart tomorrow...cause $10 is quite a good deal.

Monk

Banned
Wario64 said:
nope, they're getting enough profits as it is, thanks to the scammers

How? They buy stock of the games at $20 and sell at $10 and they somehow make profit?

koam

Monk said:
How? They buy stock of the games at $20 and sell at $10 and they somehow make profit?

Don't you know? $20 + $10 = $30 in profits! It all makes sense!!!

Either that, or Wario got mad that he was beaten to a deal :p

Andy787

Banned
Monk said:
Who cares about Wal-Mart? Mizaguchi > Wal-Mart.

I need to pick up Meteos. I don't suppose the price is the US?

Matlock

Banned
Checked in th' nearest Wal-Mart (Ohio), and presented the receipt scan. They typed in the upc, but it didn't match the Meteos upc they had.

Could it be possible that there are different codes for what's shipped to Canada and the US?

Matlock

Banned
Meier said:
You get taxed twice in Canada? Ouch!

Provincial and Goods and Services tax--we do in the US as well (state and local), but it's counted as one tax on the receipt. (Some provinces combine tax into Harmonized Sales Tax, closer to ours)

Of course, their sales tax also helps towards paying for that socialized healthcare they have.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Zaxxon said:
I just tracked down where the guy got it. If Scarborough is the centre of your universe, your universe must suck.
It was (still is?) available at most Wal-Marts across ALL of Toronto, hence my statement. :D

Wow. And even better, that's $10 Canadian, which in real money equals like fifty-eight cents and a string of shiny beads.

neptunes

It was f*cking sold out at my local wal-mart, and it was the only ds game that was sold out. >.<

I guess other people have caught on.

Spike

I went to my local Wal-Mart and asked the guy to check the price. He used this gun-like thing, and the price still came up as $39.

Anyone who gets it for $10, please list the store you got it from.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Kobun Heat said:
Wow. And even better, that's $10 Canadian, which in real money equals like fifty-eight cents and a string of shiny beads.
You might want to check that exchange again. The USD has been doing really shitty lately.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Spike said:
I went to my local Wal-Mart and asked the guy to check the price. He used this gun-like thing, and the price still came up as $39.

Anyone who gets it for $10, please list the store you got it from.
A few people had that same experience but when they took it to the register it rang up for $10.

Matlock

Banned
Why are you people citing that specific Wal-Marts have them, then not buying them to hook up other GAF-ers for a small profit?

Spike

Matlock said:
Why are you people citing that specific Wal-Marts have them, then not buying them to hook up other GAF-ers for a small profit?

Simply because I'm living below the poverty line as it is. Heck, I can't even afford it for myself at $10. I just wanted to get the word out that that store had it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
so long as that hospital doesn't have a waiting list.

This is the biggest fucking myth about the US healthcare system - that private = no wait. I have fuckin top of the line insurance and a simple fucking doc appt. means a one month wait if I am lucky. And a trip to the emergency room means sitting beside gang bangers and grandmas with pitbulls attached to their necks, same as folks with no insurance. OUR HEALTHCARE FUCKING BLOWS. It is the WORST, MOST EXPENSIVE AND MOST CORRUPT ON EARTH. It is an international fucking joke and we oughtta be ashamed of ourselves.

So don't even FUCK with Canada's or Europe's. The shittest emergency room in fucking Portugal owns our best one.

But at least our education system rules, thanks to the introduction of Creationism. And just to stay on topic, Meteos at $10 = rawk.

Got me two Meteos for you guys. I don't know the shipping cost or anything, but I think 20 USD seems reasonable. But I'll check with my post office later today to check the price, and I'll update my post.

The two first to reply here, send me a PM with your email or something.

Top Bottom