• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meteos - Gamespot review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/meteos/review.html

"It's hard to imagine having much more fun than this, scribbling like crazy. One of the best DS games yet, Meteos delivers a unique and successful twist on the puzzle game formula. And, like any great puzzle game, it's something you can play for just a few minutes or for much longer periods of time and come away satisfied, regardless."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
AniHawk said:
lumines > meteos

yaypsp7lo.gif

Solid

radioheadrule83 said:
This is not to say everyone who likes puzzle games should (out of batshit insanity) avoid buying Meteos though.
oh yes. this is gaf, one gotta loose.

_PsiFire_

So, that reviewer (Greg) likes Lumines more than Meteos..

Craid over at IGN likes Meteos more - too bad he didn't review Lumines to see how MUCH more.

People should decide which they like more with their OWN experience rather than another persons'.

AniHawk

_PsiFire_ said:
People should decide which they like more with their OWN experience rather than another persons'.

I disagree. Numbers are much more effective. In this case it's clear who the winner is.

Someone please tell me the full game has more to it than the E3 demo. Cuz if not

Lumines >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meteos

I admit it. I just don't get the appeal of the game. I've tried and tried and tried to understand what makes it so great compared to Lumines or even on its own. I just don't see it. I also admit I might not completely understand the game either despite leaving that demo on my DS for the last month and playing it pretty frequently. I don't get why some blocks stick together when you launch them and why some don't as it's falling back down the screen.

I was all set to blindly buy the game, even import it at one point because of all the hype and who was developing it, but after E3, I just couldn't find the appeal. I tried to let it grow on me like Lumines did, but this is starting to be a tough purchase for me.

demi

Marty Chinn said:
Someone please tell me the full game has more to it than the E3 demo. Cuz if not

Lumines >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meteos

I admit it. I just don't get the appeal of the game. I've tried and tried and tried to understand what makes it so great compared to Lumines or even on its own. I just don't see it. I also admit I might not completely understand the game either despite leaving that demo on my DS for the last month and playing it pretty frequently. I don't get why some blocks stick together when you launch them and why some don't as it's falling back down the screen.

I was all set to blindly buy the game, even import it at one point because of all the hype and who was developing it, but after E3, I just couldn't find the appeal. I tried to let it grow on me like Lumines did, but this is starting to be a tough purchase for me.

METEOS

rod

Banned
after you get 999,999 on lumines=ive havent played it since.

meteos even after finishing every planet/mode=still play it constantly

for me meteos>>>>lumines

I don't get Meteos -or- Lumines. I give Meteos the benefit of the doubt because I haven't played more'n thirty minutes of it, but Lumines was a shallow, overdesigned and underdeveloped piece of sugary audiovisual candy crap.

WHERE'S MY KIRBY STAR STACKER UPDATE.

olimario

Banned
So what everyone is saying is that both games rock and you should own them if you own the system they are on? Good!

kasavin

Bacon said:
GS Sony bias in full effect.

...says the guy with Link as his avatar. To maintain my faith in humanity, I sometimes need to remind myself that I can't be the only one who notices things like that.

I have nothing against people who quickly draw conclusions solely based on review scores (in this case, those people would correctly conclude that Meteos is a great game). Those of you trying to make assumptions about the reviewer's opinion of how Meteos and Lumines directly compare might as well take a look at the review itself, though.

demi

kasavin said:
...says the guy with Link as his avatar. To maintain my faith in humanity, I sometimes need to remind myself that I can't be the only one who notices things like that.

I have nothing against people who quickly draw conclusions solely based on review scores (in this case, those people would correctly conclude that Meteos is a great game). Those of you trying to make assumptions about the reviewer's opinion of how Meteos and Lumines directly compare might as well take a look at the review itself, though.

METEOS

THE WINNING TEAM WILL PREVAIL

MARK MY WORDS

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
this is nothing but Gamespot trying to get street cred!
greg, is it true you got shot 9 times?

Deku

Banned
kasavin said:

I think that was said tongue in cheek. I'm surprised you took it so seriously.

Review score bitching and comparing of apple and oranges is an exercise best left to people who don't play games and spend far too much time on message boards talking about games. :)

kasavin

Deku said:
I think that was said tongue in cheek. I'm surprised you took it so seriously.

Seriously? Oh, no, I was just being ironic to the third power. I'm just trying to push us to the point where no one understand what anyone means anymore.

Deku

Banned
kasavin said:
Seriously? Oh, no, I was just being ironic to the third power. I'm just trying to push us to the point where no one understand what anyone means anymore.

:) ok understood, well GAF is GAF. I respect GS a whole lot. Don't let the few bad apples ruin your day. GS is no IGN, and I mean that in a good way.

An 8.5 is a crappy game right? I keep forgetting how the ratings go on this forum. I always thought only 9.0 or higher games were considered good enough to own. :lol

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm clearly in the DS "camp" but my own personal opinion is that Lumines>>>>>Meteos.

Soul4ger

Drinky Crow said:
I don't get Meteos -or- Lumines. I give Meteos the benefit of the doubt because I haven't played more'n thirty minutes of it, but Lumines was a shallow, overdesigned and underdeveloped piece of sugary audiovisual candy crap.

OH MY GOD I AGREE WITH DRINKY CROW SOMEONE PLEASE BATHE ME WITH ACID.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
CrimsonSkies said:
An 8.5 is a crappy game right? I keep forgetting how the ratings go on this forum. I always thought only 9.0 or higher games were considered good enough to own. :lol

9.8 is the minimum. Everything else is shit on a disc.

mosaic

go eat paint
First system to get an arcade perfect, or better, version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo wins...

Now go, Capcom -- go for broke!

I love how a lot of fanboys claim GS has Sony bias. That explains why they gave 90% of the hyped PS2 scores less than 9, right? :lol Get real Ninty fans, and deal with the fact that people have preference other than yours.

dillinger

Banned
Wafflecopter said:
I love how a lot of fanboys claim GS has Sony bias. That explains why they gave 90% of the hyped PS2 scores less than 9, right? :lol Get real Ninty fans, and deal with the fact that people have preference other than yours.
Gamespot's sony bias is clearly evident . There's no trying to deny it

dillinger said:
It's not evident at all Dillinger, seeing as there is none. Care to share how exactly are they biased, besides fanboy's not liking the scores their games get on Xbox and GC.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Currently on a week-long trip right now and have been playing the holy hell out of Meteos (the import version). In fact, I've been playing this game more consistently since its release than anything on DS or PSP. There are so many layers of depth here, and sooo many planets you can unlock, each with a unique physics system. I've been trying to find a handful of good ones for multiplayer death dealing.

Going to see john_tv tomorrow... I'll unleash some of this pent up practice on him!

Best game on DS, hands down.

Solid

dillinger said:
so that's why only 3 exclusive ps2 games got a score over 9 in the last two years? guess that's evident.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Wafflecopter said:
It's not evident at all Dillinger, seeing as there is none. Care to share how exactly are they biased, besides fanboy's not liking the scores their games get on Xbox and GC.

Kasavin has admitted to the bias on these forums.

Soul4ger

Reviewers should just come out and say it: This game needs more flashing lights. I'm waiting for the level in Ninety-Nine Knights when everybody turns into a fluorescent wireframe, and the music goes all rave-y. I guarantee at least 9.8 scores.

kasavin said:

How pompous.

I hope Sony pays well.

Top Bottom