• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 rumors/speculation/facts?

Ash Housewares said:
I'm thinking that Snake will follow a path similar to BB, only with a less shallow story than ultimate solider appreciation land

Yah that's what I think will happen. I guess the first step would be to not make it so glaring that he is turning against them as Big Boss did. I'd just like for Solid to be the main character if this happens and not have you looking at what he's doing from another characters perspective (as they did with MGS2).

Ash Housewares said:
How can I activate that conversation?

Call Eva after you fight Ocelot.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah it looks like the game will be set during warfare, but as to where, who knows? Maybe in a city, that's what I've been hearing.

We'll find out E3 2006 :)

I'm holding out that Big Boss might still be alive and faked his death in MG2.

I mean, it's possible - he did it once already in MG1.

Either that, or the game will be set both in the past and the present. Solid Snake and Big Boss' paths intertwine to fight a common enemy - the Patriots.

Lakitu said:

Even though the chances of it happening are next to none, it'd be cool if they redid the MGS4 E3 trailer for TGS 2005 by inserting MGS4's real models in place of those MGS3 models they used.

Ceb

Lakitu said:
Yeah it looks like the game will be set during warfare, but as to where, who knows? Maybe in a city, that's what I've been hearing.

I'm thinking Kojima will re-use that scrapped idea of letting the final battle between Snake and Oceliquid take place on a huge battlefield, in the middle of two armies duking it out. As for where... outside Moscow/NYC/Beijing/Paris? :D

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I think the baby could be the coolest thing in the game. Who's baby is it? And even more... could it be a clone?

Imagine the bombshell it'd be if they said that it was a Shalashaska clone, or even cooler... Frank Jaeger's clone. That'd explain the immediate presence of Naomi, as well as a need to bring back Big Boss.

Of course, using Occam's Razor... it's probably just a Raiden and Rose baby that they'll use to reflect nature/nurture tendencies (jack grows up as a soldier... bred to be an awesome one... will his kid be a soldier? Remember... "Find something to live for.")

So is this game a Ps2 release or are they holding off til PS3?

BigBoss

whytemyke said:
So is this game a Ps2 release or are they holding off til PS3?

MGS4 will be a PS3 game, Subsistence is the last MGS game for the PS2.

Regarding the artwork of Big Boss, its almost the same exact drawing that Shinkawa used in the MGS1.5 artbook, I'm guessing its his dead body.

AssMan

Banned
Holy crap. The Boss's son is Ocelot? LOL.

Anyway, what if the game is set in multiple cities, populated with hundreds of people and you have to disguise yourself(stealing other people's identity). May sound stupid, but oh well.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
whytemyke said:
Now, I remember Kojima, after making MGS3, saying he was going to hand future projects over to his chittlin's at Konami. What is the deal with this? Is an MGS4 even in the works... and if it is, is Kojima working on it?

Any details on this type of stuff would be helpful. I figure one thread about it is better than jumping around to every thread I see with the letters "MGS" paired together.

This is direct from Konami's MGS retrospective panel from E3:

Metal Gear Solid 4

"Kojima Productions" has just embarked on its newest and greatest project - "Metal Gear Solid 4". "MGS1" and "MGS2" focused on infiltrating man-made structures, whereas "MGS3" concentrated on the challenge of the jungle environment. "MGS4" brings a totally new concept and situation, resulting in the toughest "Metal Gear' infiltration mission ever devised. The game is set after the events of "MGS2" and players will reprise the role of top secret agent Solid Snake.

The game is slated for the "PS3", the next generation console from Sony. Hideo Kojima will be in charge of the game design, production, and direction. Also directing this game will be promising new prospect Shuyo Murata, who debuted on "Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner". Kenichiro Imaizumi will oversee production and character design will be handled by Yoji Shinkawa. All of the intensity and experience available within "Kojima Productions" will be used to bring this newest "MGS" to life.

Production Staff for Metal Gear Solid 4

* Game Designed by Hideo Kojima
* Mechanic Designer: Keichi Matate
* Lead Programmer: Yuji Korekado
* System Programmer: Kunio Takabe
* Enemy AI Lead Programmer: Kazuhide Hatsuyama
* Character Modelling Lead Artist: Hideki Sasaki
* Background Modelling Lead Artist: Mineshi Kimura
* CG Director: Yutaka Negishi
* Motion Director: So Toyota
* Real Time Demo Lead Artist: Masaya Kobayashi
* 2D Lead Artist: Takahiro Omori
* Sound Designer: Sotaro Tojima
* Lead Scripter: Hiroaki Yoshiike
* Character Designer: Yoji Shinkawa
* Directed by: Shuyo Murata
* Produced by: Kenichiro Imaizumi
* Produced and Directed by Hideo Kojima

:)

Alias03

Datrio said:
The government is in possesion of his remains - so no, that can't be it.

If you remember correctly in MGS one of the demands was the remains of Big Boss....
Snake even said if the threat is soooo serious why not give into their demands. Campbell didnt answer him then snake said or is there a reason you cant do that. AGAIN no answer
SO maybe the reason is because there was no remains cause he isnt dead!!! dun dun dun duunnnnn

Grey Fox = Test
Big Boss= FINAL PRODUCT

kIdMuScLe

i started a thread a couple of days ago that was quickly locked down when my friend told me about new info for mgs4 was goin to appear in a mag and oddly enough is in the new PSM mag.

-Ocelot is the son of the Boss and Sorrow. So that must mean that he could talk to the dead but he doesn't know it yet. So Ocelot is not being taken over by Liquid, he is just inadvertenly communicating with the dead spirit of Liquid.

-Meryl, Raiden, Vamp, Otacon and Possibly Big Boss are back.

-The baby that Raiden is holding may belong to Olga's or might be his own baby, which the mother would be Rose.
Also, Raiden is probably goin to play a big part cuz it is mentions that inside his body contains critical information of the Patriots.

Ceb

Himuro said:
the story we're going to get in MGS4 is going to be what people wanted with MGS2 (not that the story in MGS2 was bad at all, just different from expected): a really really dependant story on the original MGS.

Not true for me. The more they distance themselves from the story in MGS1, the better. I liked the game, but it's the most overrated title in the series.

Himuro said:
This is like, my most anticipated game. Seriously. Gameplay is given with MGS, but the story we're going to get in MGS4 is going to be what people wanted with MGS2 (not that the story in MGS2 was bad at all, just different from expected): a really really dependant story on the original MGS.

I think MGS4 is going to be based on the mission Solid was going on after MGS2. That was basically to find the Patriots and save Olga's baby. That's explain the "no place to hide" concept. If he's going to be infiltrating anything even closely related to them, it's going to be a base that's loaded with security, the level that we haven't seen in any other games in the series. Since they also basically control everything that goes on, they'll likely know that he's coming. With that being the case, security is going to be upped even more just so everyone gaurding them knows that he's either there or will be there. Which would also play into the "No place to hide" gameplay. Instead of infiltrating a base that no one knows you're at, you're going to be in a place where the people you're hiding from already know you're there. It'll basically be like actual hide and seek (which was what Kojima originally based MG on). In that the people you're playing with already know you're around so they're constantly searching for you.

Even with as crazy as MGS2's plot was, its really brought up too many questions to just ignore it and go back to focusing on explaining the original, most of which has already been explained. I think the biggest thing related to the original that isn't explained is FoxDie, and it seemed Naomi said all she really knew about it. So because they're focusing on MGS2's core questions, doesn't mean it'll be confusing either.

Himuro said:
That sounds fucking scary. :( And stressful. I dont' want to have MGS3 style alerts at all times..

What's MGS3 style alerts? They seemed like any other game in the series.

Take the start of MGS for example where you have to make your way to the elevator while 2 gaurds patrolled the section. Instead of having 2 you'd have 5 (4 around the sides and 1 in the middle). Stealth would still be possible. It's just not going to be as clear as to how you'll get around the gaurds by using stealth as it was before.

BigBoss

SolidSnakex said:
I think the biggest thing related to the original that isn't explained is FoxDie, and it seemed Naomi said all she really knew about it. So because they're focusing on MGS2's core questions, doesn't mean it'll be confusing either.

The FOXDIE issue was explained in the previous story section of MGS2 in a book called "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses". It explains that Naomi reprogrammed the virus to kill Snake at a random time, it could happen anyplace at anytime. This was the ultimate punishment she could think of for Snake. Shortly after the events of MGS1 she was arrested by the Patriots and Snake broke her out of whatever facility she was being held in.

Himuro said:
Like, in MGS3 alerts last for fucking 5 minutes, I swear. It takes forever for them to clean an area. And thinking about them being in alert mode 100 % the whole game just terrifies me. That game would be unplayable. :(

I think it'd be more like a constant Caution. In that mode they're searching for you but they don't know where you are. In full Alert they know where you're at and are coming straight after you.

BigBoss said:
The FOXDIE issue was explained in the previous story section of MGS2 in a book called "In the Darkness of Shadow Moses". It explains that Naomi reprogrammed the virus to kill Snake at a random time, it could happen anyplace at anytime.

I'm talking about Naomi coming back with a possible vaccine (someone brought this possiblity the other day). With Solid saving her i'd think she'd want to do everything she could to make sure he'd be able to live normally without worry of FoxDie anymore.

Top Bottom