• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MHK doesn't have gold! (Japanese businessmen GET ITT!)

i'll show you gay

looking for cool bros to party at a sex mansion (nothing sexual)

💪
eyeswideshut.jpg

You know, MHK, his supporters and detractors, all of you could have avoided this drama if you just showed some restraint. Maybe post once but then leave it at that. Use the report button to get everyone back on topic or simply ignore the user. No need for the ad hominems either. Just treat others how you would want to be treated, no matter how heated it gets.

Last edited:
You know, MHK, his supporters and detractors, all of you could have avoided this drama if you just showed some restraint. Maybe post once but then leave it at that. Use the report button to get everyone back on topic or simply ignore the user. No need for the ad hominems either. Just treat others how you would want to be treated, no matter how heated it gets.
Edit: I misunderstood your post.

Last edited:

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Folks, I have no idea why this thread seemd to generate so many reports. Be like

CluelessFaintLeech-size_restricted.gif

We do believe in healthy conflict on the site and that requires a level of understanding and guiding principles in how we conduct ourselves. It is extremely likely that however affable and amicable you perceive yourself to be, at some point you will annoy someone. Maybe you caught them on a bad day, maybe they just have a few personal issues on that make it a chore to unwind fully. It is further likely that when you are part of a 'community' - which can be GAF, or a professional team etc. - you come into contact with more familiar faces more often and are therefore exposed to an annoying habit/trait more frequently.

Our approach is always light-touch because a core belief is that the community shapes itself. It shouldn't be a reflection of some sort of Utopia I, or other mods, have in our heads, nor should it need to conform to any personal or political beliefs that we may have. This is not school, for example. To paraphrase certain bonding techniques:

Healthy conflict builds team bonding by causing those involved to change their attitudes and grow personally. It also results in problem resolution due to increased involvement of all affected team members. This contrasts with unhealthy conflict where team morale is destroyed and team members become divided and polarized. Unhealthy conflict leaves the problem unresolved, and leaches resources and energy from the core project at hand.

Unhealthy ways to treat conflict include denial of the existence of the problem, giving up rather than working toward a viable solution, getting angry and placing blame, and manipulating others toward a certain outcome. These behaviors lead to increased problems and tensions among people.

Healthy conflict resolution uses creative ways to involve all those affected by the conflict to reach a fair and equitable solution. These can include a compromise, where each party gains something and gives something up, or a win-win solution where both parties get what they want. The win-win solution requires open-mindedness and creative thinking. The last healthy conflict method, win-lose, involves one party "winning" the conflict and the other "losing," but agreeing that the next time problems arise between them, the other will give up his position and lose, allowing a win for his counterpart.

IdealisticEthicalGreathornedowl-size_restricted.gif

So it can be tempting to report posts and by all means do so - we may reject some of them, but a persistent issue may require a mod just come in and drop their thoughts on developments. There's a lot of familiar posters in here and faces that stuck round to rebuild and shape GAF and you have no idea how appreciative I and the staff are. While the conflict may have overstepped into combat territory, it's important you both listen and respect each others' point of view. There is a balancing act between frivolity and deep meaningful debate. Currently there might be a higher requirement for this due to the stress of the Death Stranding fallout and review scores. Alternatively there may be one too many threads for people's liking......

In conclusion, by all means we expect some friction and discord in certain quarters, the only thing we really ask is that they're kept assertive but non-personal. Frustration has led to some personal slights being made in this thread which is human nature at breaking point. We're all adults here and I'm sure we can all reflect on how we conducted ourselves and what part we played in the initial escalation or reaction. I do think it's good to acknowledge the thread in the spirit and tone it was discussed but to understand these exchanges will happen infrequently - let's just try and keep them respectful and focus on the issue rather than name calling.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Some of you really need to learn to grow the fuck up. I have seen more maturity and self-awareness from literal children. I normally try to stay out of the drama and just want to see everyone get along. However, that changes when the people I care about on here are getting it. Say whatever the fuck you want about me, I don't give a shit, but what I DO give a shit about is seeing people REFUSING to let shit go and attacking my friends. Go ahead and call me biased -- because you're not wrong. However, unlike some of you, I know my faults.

This is a fucking video game forum, and while I know not everyone will get along, this trivial, pseudo-intellectual "hurrrr muh galaxy brain" shit is fucking ridiculous. Stop thinking you're better than everyone because guess what, sweety? You're not. Step the fuck down and know your place. Quit the mini-modding and trying to get people banned because they hurt your fragile, little ego.

And the best part of all of this is that someone is going to claim that I'm too afraid to say who I'm talking about. But guess what, retard, if it feels like I'm talking about you, then I am. It's not fucking rocket science. If you feel called out in this post, then, wow, you just admitted you're a shitty person! Congratulations. What the fuck do you want, a prize?

So uhhh, is this a good time to ask about Hunger Game’s Season 3, or did I sleep through it?

Melon

Banned
Melon Melon What games do you like?

Big fan of open-world games. I like having the freedom to do whatever I want. Games with a (quality) karma system are a panty-soaker.

So uhhh, is this a good time to ask about Hunger Game’s Season 3, or did I sleep through it?

Sorry! I've been extremely distracted this week. Packing, and then my boyfriend ended up back in the hospital, which had me on edge for a bit. (He's ok now, though!). But I have everything in order now, I think. So expect an update tonight!

ok

why should I care
Because you should.

giphy.gif

GAF isn't the same without you, to be honest. You abandoned me and what? expect your projection to be happy with it!?

giphy.gif

tumblr_mtlrl1ZHSg1ry72qjo1_500.gif

......come, join me in this dream world of shitposting and stop living the lie that you are a happily married Australian. Join me, Papa Papa , so we could grow old together!

original.gif

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Because you should.

giphy.gif

GAF isn't the same without you, to be honest. You abandoned me and what? expect your projection to be happy with it!?

giphy.gif

tumblr_mtlrl1ZHSg1ry72qjo1_500.gif

......come, join me in this dream world of shitposting and stop living the lie that you are happily married Australian. Join me, Papa Papa , so we could grow old together!

original.gif

Why? So you can backstab me for having more internet points than you? I don’t think so, cum chump.

Top Bottom