• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Page 1k

R.f3396f42749f418d6637ecac10d43fd0

Those of us left who haven’t yet been thread banned, buy yourself a pint.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If you're someone whose been here since page 1, give yourself a pat on the back and a kick in the balls.

Banjo64

cumsessed
But even in your picture, it says they've estimated share for 2021 and 2022.
That could be for any number of reasons. E.g. it could be that for every company they contacted for MAU data that some of them don’t hold the data centrally (e.g if Xbox UK hold the UK xCloud data). In that case they would probably extrapolate the data for other regions based on market share in those territories. It would be very hard to get definitive, exact figures from every company they contacted.

They also, in a separate point, say that their data may not be representative of the future state of the cloud market.
That’s true, 1 or 2 major players could walk away. We’ve seen tech like 3D TVs heralded as the next big thing but they were dropped by the major players.

But the CMA have been honest that it’s an emerging market and they took their decision with that in mind.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That could be for any number of reasons. E.g. it could be that for every company they contacted for MAU data that some of them don’t hold the data centrally (e.g if Xbox UK hold the UK xCloud data). In that case they would probably extrapolate the data for other regions based on market share in those territories. It would be very hard to get definitive, exact figures from every company they contacted.

That’s true, 1 or 2 major players could walk away. We’ve seen tech like 3D TVs heralded as the next big thing but they were dropped by the major players.

But the CMA have been honest that it’s an emerging market and they took their decision with that in mind.

Right, so what I'm saying/thinking is that any time 'estimates' are brought up, there may always be wiggle room. i-e MS/Acti both have material for their separate respective CAT appeals that they're both going to do.

Last edited:
lol......self-loathing over fucking video games. Priceless.
Anybody who listens to Jez Corden and the bs he makes up is an absolute moron. His buddy Randal(owns the YT handle RandalThor) is no exception. They both make shit and rumors up for quick YouTube revenue and some 45 seconds of exposure.

Pelta88

My first post in this thread. Post #34

So Satya believes competition in gaming is about who can acquire the most studios? Not about who can release great games? The last time I remember XBOX speaking consistently about pushing this hobby forward by releasing great games, was when Don Mattrick was in charge during the 360 era. A truly pitiful and void of understanding statement.

What was yours?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The issue is having that much money is not good for the league.
Look at PSG and Bayern Munich. When you have the money, you can loot all the top talents from the league to extend your dominance.
My point is that the gov. don’t care, and they shouldn’t either. If Abu Dhabi want to invest £300m in east Manchester, that’s just a fantastic economic boost as far as the gov. is concerned.

Interestingly though. The gov. does want to set up an independent watch dog for football. Something that only City support and United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs are frantically against. It’s almost as if they don’t want any true external oversight.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Right, so what I'm saying/thinking is that any time 'estimates' are brought up, there may always be wiggle room. i-e MS/Acti both have material for their separate respective CAT appeals that they're both going to do.
Then the question becomes was the methodology sound and how far off are the estimates. If the answer is yes to the first question then the answer to the second question should be ‘quite close’.

POKEYCLYDE

Honest question - What's the benefit for this arrangement for consumers?

Does it allow access to cheaper prices? Have a higher quality stream than whatever MS offers? Allow native downloads or something? What am I missing?
Choice. If you don't want to pay for Gamepass Ultimate, but you own say Grounded on steam, and your PC is kinda shit and you like cloud streaming, Nvidia would be the option for you.

Flutta

Banned
I don't think they will able to bribe the CMA. How else they will get this done I'm not sure. Even the appeal will be extremely difficult for them no matter what resources they have.

Depends who they bribe or threaten.

Anyone can be bribed or threatened. Depends on if MS finds the right people to do that too or not.

Wulfer

We got a lot more pages to come if CMA is truly trying to say GPU ='s Xcloud users. I can count on my hand how many times I played a game on Xcloud. It's just not my thing. I prefer to game on a big screen with theatre sound. The Xcloud isn't the experience I choose to game on. I perfer downloading the full game and playing on the hardware I have purchased. I'm not the Xcloud user. The CMA is clearly wrong here with it's stats if this is the line for Xcloud. This has real grounds for the appeal process! I may never be a Xcloud user...

feynoob

Gold Member
My point is that the gov. don’t care, and they shouldn’t either. If Abu Dhabi want to invest £300m in east Manchester, that’s just a fantastic economic boost as far as the gov. is concerned.

Interestingly though. The gov. does want to set up an independent watch dog for football. Something that only City support and United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs are frantically against. It’s almost as if they don’t want any true external oversight.
They don't want regulations.
These are the guys who were ready to join the SL.

Banjo64

cumsessed
We got a lot more pages to come if CMA is truly trying to say GPU ='s Xcloud users. I can count on my hand how many times I played a game on Xcloud. It's just not my thing. I prefer to game on a big screen with theatre sound. The Xcloud isn't the experience I choose to game on. I perfer downloading the full game and playing on the hardware I have purchased. I'm not the Xcloud user. The CMA is clearly wrong here with it's stats if this is the line for Xcloud. This has real grounds for the appeal process! I may never be a Xcloud user...
OIP.I7JsaalZdObcKFszW4xznwHaFk

I simply refuse to explain this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom