• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zok310

Banned
Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

graywolf323

My issue is that I can’t take any pro-Xbox poster seriously now that I know they are using these tactics of paying morons to spread misinformation. It’s extremely dangerous for honest discourse. It is blatantly obvious that Mage, Sage and now Robert are all on the pay roll. How many others? All of them?

And also, because they are paid, their is no real retribution for them to answer when they are wrong - they simply don’t care if they are wrong because they are paid anyway, it’s just on to the next lot of lies.
they just keep activating their sleeper accounts whenever they get banned anyway with all these alts, truly a scummy tactic by Xbox

skit_data

The entertainment factor of this thread is astonishingly high considering how little news there are on the subject.

It works almost as one of those lanterns that draws insects closer, goes *bzzt* and the insects are disintegrated in a puff of smoke only it draws in the worst shills instead of insects an instead of meeting their maker in a flourescent light they face something worse - getting ridiculed without being able to defend themselves.

Bernoulli

M2 slut

Topher

Gold Member
tom warren knew he was being paid, i don't want to go into conspiracy but i think tom knows that he is paid to run multiple accounts to promote the brand or something like that

Florian was definitely following a script. Engage in conversation that puts Microsoft in positive light. Ridicule and shut down conversation that is negative. And get as many weak-minded fools as he can believing his bullshit, which, as we have seen, isn't hard to do.

BeardGawd

Banned
That is weird. Is this your reaction?
That famous guy is shilling for MS. Isnt that a weird thing to do, if judges knows your name?
People shill for corporations all the time and for free. I honestly couldn't care less. I have strong reasoned opinions that are not easily swayed. I always judge the content of the message no matter who it's from. That goes for news, politics, whatever.

Last edited:

feynoob

People shill for corporations all the time and for free. I honestly couldn't care less. I have strong reasoned opinions that are not easily swayed. I always judge the content of the message no matter who it's from. That goes for news, politics, whatever.
Man, that is not how judging works.
The man is on conflict of interest. His opinions means shit, when he shills for MS like that. You need to be impartial if you want people to believe you. That is 101 lawyer.

BeardGawd

Banned
Still need to dodge the ban stick

Reddit he didn't hold back

pqc9n2K.jpg
Ok that post was asinine.
Man, that is not how judging works.
The man is on conflict of interest. His opinions means shit, when he shills for MS like that. You need to be impartial if you want people to believe you. That is 101 lawyer.
I don't disagree with you at all. It's unprofessional. But that doesn't mean everything he says is incorrect either. Like I stated before we should all take everything from most analysts or commentators with a grain of salt. Florian aint the first diehard fanboy on either side.

Last edited:
The more things change, the more they stay the same ...

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/redd...making-positive-posts-about-the-xbox1.579945/

https://thenextweb.com/news/microso...reddit-to-bolster-its-coming-xbox-one-console

... here we are a decade later lol

Here's my favorite comment from that decade old GAF thread, looks to still be accurate even today:

I am in line with everyone else who believes many of these junior NEOGAF members flooding the threads with pro Xbox comments are Microsoft employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom