• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darsxx82

Booty's email is about first party IP, not about CoD.

Y'all keep changing the parameters and then say I'm floundering

200.gif
If any of them were honest, they would apologize to you.

When I said that the words of a "gamer" lawyer always exaggerate to make the test bigger... This is the example.

Ronin_7

Booty got destroyed live LMAO

Dude wasn't ready, these guys live in Court houses, the Xbox heads are just regular people ffs.

Absolute bloodbath bootyBath 🤣

Banjo64

cumsessed
Jim can change his stance all he wants, he acknowledged publicly that he expects CoD to be on PS platforms for years.

The same thing Phil/MS said.
Well, no, he didn’t acknowledge it publicly. I believe this was a private work email.

And now he’s changed his stance, just like M$ allegedly have.

I’m glad you could come around.

Gone

Banned
Now that might be a smoking gun. That is not a please don't panic email from someone who isn't trying to buy the IP. He can say its their old strategy all day long, but fact is they followed it and will continue following it in 3 months.
Well, they put Gears and others are coming to Nvidia GFN.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
It's what happens when a company is so rife with nepotism and keeping their friends around far too long past their usefulness, while they rely mainly on 18 month contractors for the actual production end.

But hey, they have a fantastic productivity service gift. I can't knock that.

They have the best fans too.

Taylor Swift Grammy GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

And I mean that sincerely. Look at all the shit they've stuck by them through.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I am not making it up.

You cannot lie in court. You can be vague and make a statement that can be true from a certain light but you cannot lie. Stop derailing with fucking nonsense

Topher

Gold Member
I mean I gave you examples, but ok.

I'm not sure but it feels like your thinking that if the deal gets approved MS will yank all those games from PS+ the week after.

Your examples are not proof about MS strategy. Putting those games on PS+ could be part of that strategy for all you know. If that's your theory then fine, but don't call it proof. It isn't.

I have no idea what will happen post-acquisition. That's irrelevant.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Your examples are not proof about MS strategy. Putting those games on PS+ could be part of that strategy for all you know. If that's your theory then fine, but don't call it proof. It isn't.

I have no idea what will happen post-acquisition. That's irrelevant.

2019 "No f-ing way we'll put games on rival services"
2022 : nearly 10 or more games are on rival services

it's not really a theory when there is demonstrable change in effect, but I understand if you don't want to see it that way.

Gone

Banned
GFN doesn't sell games. You are still routed to the storefronts that do.
That's not the point tho.
They have put the games on GFN and they'll add more and more in the coming months. Also, CoD is guaranteed to be there because of the binding contract they signed.

jm89

What the fuck where they thinking send booty up there?

Dude got slaughtered.

Bond and hines are up i think aswell.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's not the point tho.
They have put the games on GFN and they'll add more and more in the coming months. Also, CoD is guaranteed to be there because of the binding contract they signed.
It is the point tho. MS still controls all the revenue and profits from the games.

Topher

Gold Member
2019 "No f-ing way we'll put games on rival services"
2022 : nearly 10 or more games are on rival services

it's not really a theory when there is demonstrable change in effect, but I understand if you don't want to see it that way.

Yes, it is a theory. Because in 2022 MS began its efforts to acquire ABK and being the good guy and doing shit like this fits perfectly with that strategy.

And yes, my take is a theory too. Neither are proof. You are the only one claiming it is and it simply isn't.

Dane

GFN doesn't sell games. You are still routed to the storefronts that do.
They were hosting the games without the developer's permission, its not a remote play that would mirror the owner's PC and let it run installed games. Other developers and Sony also made complaints and ordered to remove the content

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And Nvidia signed that knowing this and they're backing the deal.
Because it's a net neutral for them It's still not worth the paper it's written on and can be used as any type of "good guy" move.

They were hosting the games without the developer's permission, its not a remote play that would mirror the owner's PC and let it run installed games.
Irrelevant to the conversation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom