• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Performance Review Series X vs Series S | IGN feat. NXGamer

MS promised the same core experience. Flight Simulator on XSS runs at a stable 30 fps and offers an experience not rivaled on any cheaper console or PC. Please tell me the game modes missing in Flight Simulator on the XSS. Unless you are comparing the game side by side to a significantly more powerful and expensive device you wouldn't even notice the lower LODs and slight pop-in. MS was completely honest about what to expect on the XSS and if you honestly feel they were lying file a claim with the BBB. More expensive devices don't always hit 4K yet you choose to focus on the value device to complain about and it is very weird.

I appreciate your perspective because you actually owned the XSS before. I also know you are a Sony fan. How were you able to find value in the XSS when so many who have never used the device have not? Do you feel MS lied about the device? Did you feel ripped off? You you think the Switch or PS4 are more capable devices? Did MS pay you to say nice things about the system? Thanks in advance.
FUCK NO lol. My reasoning for getting a Series S is because of the value for money proposition it has going for it.

* You have the least expensive next-gen console.
* You get GamePass ($14 New Zealand dollars for me per month with access to all 1st party and an ass load of 3rd party games).
* Quick Resume.
* and yes the console is fucking quiet in operation. I've never heard it ever in the 3 months I had it. No matter what game I was playing.

These 4 things is what I loved about the console. No I'm not paid to say nice things. I can say nice things about Xbox because I owned one to be able to give my own unbiased opinion on it. Xbox is on to something with the Series consoles. You don't need 4k Ultra to enjoy next gen games. I've got a PC now so I can indulge in 4K ultra games but I'm still getting Xbox GamePass to pick up StarField and other exclusives coming to PC/Xbox. I will eventually get a PS5 in future but I don't need one right now.

Sure I've been fanboyish in the past and when I look back at my old posts, I realize how foolish and childish it all is but more importantly I've realize that I can actually enjoy games on other platforms other than PS.
Enjoy games no matter where you play them. That's why we're on this fucking forum in the first place ya mad bastards😂

Last edited:
Ok. XSS has graphical compromises, extremely limited storage and to top it off no disc drive so can't even pop in a movie. All these people buying them but the stocks are shelved? Only neogaf luvs the S. Sorry your feelings are hurt.
People are under the illusion that Series S won't be able to provide you a next gen gaming experience which is complete BS because the console will be able to play next gen games at reduced resolution and fidelty compared to the next gen powerhouses in Series S and X.

What Series S is is a fantastic GamePass console at this moment. There are hardly any real next gen games out there at the moment and everything is delayed to 2022 and beyond. Fuck knows when we'll play next gen exclusives but right now with Covid still being a bitch, I doubt its anytime soon so Series S makes sense right now. It's readily available and much cheaper.

Also who buys a game's console to watch movies on in 2021. Not even my $5000 pre-built PC has a disc drive. Disc drive's are a waste on console and I hope they go away soon.

THE DUCK

Banned
Ok. XSS has graphical compromises, extremely limited storage and to top it off no disc drive so can't even pop in a movie. All these people buying them but the stocks are shelved? Only neogaf luvs the S. Sorry your feelings are hurt.

Every machine or card in existence has its graphical compromises, short of a 3090.....and even then it's "outdated" a year later. You have zero idea how many are being sold every day based on store shelves, by that arguement the switch doesn't sell either, there is lots of stock now.
It's actually the opposite of neogaf loving the s, more like it's the general public that loves it and people like you on neogaf picking it to death for no reason. And as far as it not playing a movie on disk being a huge problem, lol, please. It's 2021.

Last edited:

Fredrik

😂😂😂 Christ man, it's a fucking simulator and it's only August with many other AAA titles yet to launch from both PS and Xbox.

This game of the year shit gets thrown around way too much nowadays.
Maybe don’t read in to it so much then? And why do you even care about it?

I wouldn’t stop for one second to think about what you said was your best game of the year so far. I don’t know you. But if I for some reason thought the same thing then I would probably think it was cool that someone I don’t know that might live on the other side of the planet had the same taste in games as me, so I’d say ”Cool, same here man!” or something.

I know more games are coming. But I haven’t played those yet. 🤷‍♂️

And what’s the deal with the it’s just a simulator comment?
It’s an awesome game and I haven’t played flight simulators since the Amiga days and has now found out how much I love them. So what? If you like the same games, then bro fist 👊and if you don’t then just let it pass like a fart in the wind, it’ll be okay.

Don’t think so much about it. It’s just a standard comment to express your love for games. I’ve probably said the same things about Ratchet & Clank and The Ascent as well since those are my top 3 games so far. Big deal?

But sure I could’ve just said awesome game instead or whatever, but I didn’t, I said it was likely my best game of the year, and it still is. Started playing it in VR now as well = Aaaawesome!! Next up is investing in a flight stick. Can’t wait to try that!!

Riky

$MSFT
It's amazing people are trolling in this thread when the video the thread is about states the exact opposite of what they are saying.
It's stated the Series S blows him away visually, it's stated the cut backs are so well done you won't notice in gameplay, it's stated the visuals are good even on a 4k screen, it's shown the framerate is actually more stable on Series S.
It's like they haven't watched the video and have just spouted their agenda again.
Like Jason Ronald said, you will get the same core gameplay experience on Series S and that has proven to be true and always will be as you can move your save between machines.

It's amazing people are trolling in this thread when the video the thread is about states the exact opposite of what they are saying.
It's stated the Series S blows him away visually, it's stated the cut backs are so well done you won't notice in gameplay, it's stated the visuals are good even on a 4k screen, it's shown the framerate is actually more stable on Series S.
It's like they haven't watched the video and have just spouted their agenda again.
Like Jason Ronald said, you will get the same core gameplay experience on Series S and that has proven to be true and always will be as you can move your save between machines.
Flight Simulator runs fantastically on the XSS and you won't find a cheaper device that can run this better. MS showing time and time again that the XSS offers the best value for gamers on a budget. It is impressive what they were able to pull off in such a small form factor.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Shit! Flight simulator an xbox exclusive looks amazing and we don't really have any angle we can attack this on.....it nails everything it is supposed to as a flight simulator with groundbreaking tech....what the fuck do we do....

....quick attack the series s version, it doesn't look quite as good if you zoom right in and see that the draw distance isn't as good but it nails everything else, just don't mention that.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
MS promised the same core experience

Don't quite understand why you're intent on arguing about this.

Jason Ronald very clearly said
'same next gen experience'.

JwsgoiM.jpg

7t926c8.jpg

W5snXSa.jpg

Note the '..just at a reduced rendering resolution'

Perfect example how their marketing wasn't clear and why so many believe they were misleading.

For XSS owners the next gen raytracing experience is already missing in games. And even next-gen game modes such as 120fps.

It's not the same.

MS was completely honest about what to expect on the XSS
They had to revise the target resolution, and they did that quite publicly too.

Did you forget that? You're the one not being honest now.

Your belief and their actions contradict each other massively.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Developers have a whole host of different techniques, whether that’s changing the resolution of their title, things like dynamic resolution scaling frame to frame — that’s something we’ve seen a lot of adoption of, especially towards the end of this generation,” explains Ronald. “And obviously the ability to enable and display different visual effects, without actually implementing the fundamental gameplay.”

Ronald interview with the Verge September 2020 before the release of the consoles.
It doesn't get any clearer than that.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think its obvious that the series s is not exactly the same experience as the series x at only lower resolutions.

What are we arguing about? Do we all admit that beardman got it wrong in the video and move on with our lives?

The series s is a great little box that is offering next gen games on a budget. Yes, it is not identical to the description that dude said in the video but think how much of this next gen talk is over hyped marketing from all camps.

Sometimes you gotta just go, we'll that was a bit of bullshit and move on.

You can go out and buy a 250 pound box and play flight sim on your TV. That's pretty great, right?

Last edited:
Don't quite understand why you're intent on arguing about this.

Jason Ronald very clearly said
'same next gen experience'.

JwsgoiM.jpg

7t926c8.jpg

W5snXSa.jpg

Note the '..just at a reduced rendering resolution'

Perfect example how their marketing wasn't clear and why so many believe they were misleading.

For XSS owners the next gen raytracing experience is already missing in games. And even next-gen game modes such as 120fps.

It's not the same.

They had to revise the target resolution, and they did that quite publicly too.

Did you forget that? You're the one not being honest now.

Your belief and their actions contradict each other massively.
You want to keep making this point tell us what is fundamentally different playing Flight Simulator on the XSS and XSX. What core features are missing from the XSS version bro. You can even link to the video where NXGamer NXGamer calls it out.

dcmk7

Banned
You want to keep making this point tell us what is fundamentally different playing Flight Simulator on the XSS and XSX. What core features are missing from the XSS version bro. You can even link to the video where NXGamer NXGamer calls it out.

I stated in this thread already my views on the analysis.

You decided to go off on (several) tangents about everything but flight simulator, and I've been responding to them since and with actual facts.

It's interesting to note you ignore my previous post. You agree that Jason Ronald was very misleading, I am assuming?

I stated in this thread already my views on the analysis.

You decided to go off on (several) tangents about everything but flight simulator, and I've been responding to them since and with actual facts.

It's interesting to note you ignore my previous post. You agree that Jason Ronald was very misleading, I am assuming?
Oops I'm sorry I didn't see where you pointed out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator. You want to call MS liars? Jason Ronald was not honest about the XSS and its features? Please point out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator. It should be easy unless you are the dishonest one. No tangents just one simple question. Thanks.

yamaci17

look people, here's the kicker

Series S renders a lot less stuff in Flight Sim, yes? Lower LOD? That's all cool. SX is super duper powerful huh?

Let's review the situation: both have the same freaking CPU. 8 freaking cores, 16 freaking threads. only a 0.2 ghz of frequency differentiates them. and in the grand schemes of thing, that means nothing! heck i have a 4 ghz cpu and i use it at 3.7 ghz for lower power consumption and lower fan speeds, to make my PC more quiet. theoritically, 4 ghz should perform "%8 faster". let me say it, i couldn't even bench anything above %5. most of the time its like %2-3. its literally pointless.

i don't say 0.2 ghz higher is not that important. it may do just a little bit uplift for higher %1 lows. but let's stop there.

we've solidified the fact that series s and series x have the same capable CPU.

and let's again, look at the situation we have

can series x actually handle the higher LOD????? NO. a big freaking NO. LOD, draw distance, these stuff are tied to CPU, my friends. its all CPU. IT can't HANDLE it. literally: Watch any review that have series x and series s together. SX stutters MORE. SX judders MORE. sx is less stable even at a locked 30 frames. THIS is not a joke. this is an easy observation you can make.

Heck, take a look at halo infinite demo runs. Series S runs a remarkable locked 120 fps bcoz Series X version has higher LOD.

devs have no idea what they're doing. they're trying to give sx owners something more, but they're omitting the fact of both having completely same cpu. and as a result:

SX runs halo infinite demo and flight simulator MUCH less stable than Series S. Series S boasts a rock solid 30 fps and 120 fps in both games respectively, while Series X boasts a rocky 30 fps and a rocky 100-120 fps in halo.

these are facts. you can deny it all you want. i don't care how devs attune their games. but i know this. sx is not capable of pushing the "extra" draw distance. it is clear that it struggles. this is not to downplay sx. series s is simply more stable.

just wanted to share my opinions. you can actually claim that series x owners are gimped here, because most of series s users now enjoying a more rock solid 30 fps in flight sim whereas series x owners are more susceptible to judders and stutters.

even nx gamer addmitted this.

don't be surprised if sx's lod and draw distance is nerfed in upcoming patches. it is inevitable.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Oops I'm sorry I didn't see where you pointed out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator. You want to call MS liars? Jason Ronald was not honest about the XSS and its features? Please point out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator. It should be easy unless you are the dishonest one. No tangents just one simple question. Thanks.
Still unable to reply to any points in my post. But since I'm the one actually arguing in good faith I'll reply to yours.. in the hope you will give me the same courtesy next time around.

Can you let me know where I've said FS2020 was missing features? Since you've invented that.

What I have said were that the graphics aren't the same at lower resolution since noticeably more pop-in and blurry textures due to the technical limitations. There are more differences than just resolution going on here.

Missing features and game modes has been a theme throughout XSS brief lifetime. It's more of a global point, I hope that's cleared up your confusion.

And by the way, answering a question with a question(s) isn't the sign of a strong argument. Let alone deliberately misinterpreting someone's point.

But you're still unable to answer about the Jason Ronald misleading. I'll assume you agree with me that he was very misleading and marketing was the same. If only you agreed with me earlier could have saved ourselves a bunch of time

Last edited:
Still unable to reply to any points in my post. But since I'm the one actually arguing in good faith I'll reply to yours.. in the hope you will give me the same courtesy next time around.

Can you let me know where I've said FS2020 was missing features? Since you've invented that.

The graphics aren't the same at lower resolution by the way, noticeably more pop-in and blurry textures due to the technical limitations. There are more differences than just resolution going on here.

Missing features and game modes has been a theme throughout XSS brief lifetime. It's more of a global point, I hope that's cleared up your confusion.

And by the way, answering a question with a question(s) isn't the sign of a strong argument. Let alone deliberately misinterpreting someone's point.

But you're still unable to answer about the Jason Ronald misleading. I'll assume you agree with me that he was very misleading and marketing was the same. If only you agreed with me earlier could have saved ourselves a bunch of time
Nope not going to let you do that. You are the one making claims that there is something fundamentally wrong with the XSS, the budget console. If you want to call Jason Ronald a liar it should be EASY to show where he lied. This is a thread about MS Flight Simulator. Tell us how someone who buys and XSS and this game is missing core features. MS misled the public after all, right?

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the system so we can all benefit from your wisdom. You can even ask Riky Riky or even Hawking Radiation Hawking Radiation for help since they actually owns/owned the system. If you can't point out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator why should anyone listen to your views on the system at all? At this point the only liar is the one who can't point out the missing fundamental features of the XSS version of Flight Simulator. So please for the third time enlighten us.

Riky

$MSFT
Nope not going to let you do that. You are the one making claims that there is something fundamentally wrong with the XSS, the budget console. If you want to call Jason Ronald a liar it should be EASY to show where he lied. This is a thread about MS Flight Simulator. Tell us how someone who buys and XSS and this game is missing core features. MS misled the public after all, right?

You seem to be pretty knowledgeable about the system so we can all benefit from your wisdom. You can even ask Riky Riky or even Hawking Radiation Hawking Radiation for help since they actually owns/owned the system. If you can't point out the missing core features from the XSS version of Flight Simulator why should anyone listen to your views on the system at all? At this point the only liar is the one who can't point out the missing fundamental features of the XSS version of Flight Simulator. So please for the third time enlighten us.

Exactly this is a Flight simulator thread, I can't see any missing modes or anything. I've also supplied a quote from Ronald before launch above where he describes exactly what we've seen with Series S versions.

dcmk7

Banned
Nope not going to let you do that. You are the one making claims that there is something fundamentally wrong with the XSS, the budget console. If you want to call Jason Ronald a liar it should be EASY to show where he lied
MS misled the public after all, right?

Proven this.

You ignored it.

JwsgoiM.jpg

7t926c8.jpg

W5snXSa.jpg

Now how about you actually prove one of your many unsubstantiated claims?

Rather than incoherently ramble about nothing.

Still waiting to see where said this. Maybe should stop making stuff up? Like Jason Ronald did.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
I think its obvious that the series s is not exactly the same experience as the series x at only lower resolutions.

What are we arguing about? Do we all admit that beardman got it wrong in the video and move on with our lives?

The series s is a great little box that is offering next gen games on a budget. Yes, it is not identical to the description that dude said in the video but think how much of this next gen talk is over hyped marketing from all camps.

Sometimes you gotta just go, we'll that was a bit of bullshit and move on.

You can go out and buy a 250 pound box and play flight sim on your TV. That's pretty great, right?
I respect this guy, always been reasonable and sound in discussions, he gets it and he loves Xbox as much as anybody, from what I can gather.

Why does everyone have to argue something which is fundamentally wrong and drag the whole forum down by calling people liars or disqualying their opinion because they don't own the console.. I will never know.

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
flight sim on series S looks fantastic to me and I’ve had a ton of fun playing it. The fact that we have to have a video side by siding the two versions just to pick out the minut background details between the two should speak leagues to how well the S is running this (but judging from the past pages in this thread it won’t.)

With my 1080p TV I have no intention of upgrading, the series S has been phenomenal.
Just as a value check, I have invested $380 into the series S thus far (system, game pass trick, enloop batteries). I am playing flight sim, ascent, sea of thieves, etc. along with this being my primary YouTube / movie streaming which will be no extra cost until may 2022. As somebody during the ps4 era that spent about $100 a MONTH on game stuff, I feel like I am stealing from Microsoft right now.

Proven this.

You ignored it.

JwsgoiM.jpg

7t926c8.jpg

W5snXSa.jpg

Now how about you actually prove one of your many unsubstantiated claims?

Rather than incoherently ramble about nothing.

Still waiting to see where said this. Maybe should stop making stuff up? Like Jason Ronald did.
How disappointing. Multiple opportunities to show how the XSS failed to deliver the same core experience as the XSX on Flight Simulator. Called MS and Jason Ronald liars. Provided ZERO evidence at all. The XSS offers the same features as the XSX. Flight Simulator offers the same core experience no matter which device you are playing on. MS NEVER said that the XSS wouldn't have reduced graphical features. That was something Anti-MS people invented to 'dunk' on the affordable console for reasons I'll never understand. You can't name ONE CORE FEATURE the XSS lacks that the XSX has. You can't show ONE MISSING FEATURE on the XSS version of Flight Simulator not ONE. But MS has misled the public? Did you finally report their misdeeds to the BBB yet? Surely this injustice must be stopped!

You of course are silent when the PS5 especially and XSX to a lesser extent fail to deliver a 4K resolution as THE DUCK THE DUCK has pointed out over and over again yet you wrongly claim that the XSS is causing some sort of problem. What are you even doing? Did the XSS traumatize you in some way? Why do you feel the need to lie on the most affordable current generation console? Do you think you could have designed a better device for $300? The system is doing things none of the detractors here thought it could. It offers more 120 fps games than more expensive consoles. If offers people of all economic means a way to game, yet you have a problem. This AGAIN proves you have no credibility when it comes to the XSS. What a sad person you are.

Says one of the guys shitting up a flight sim graphics analysis video with console warring. Hilarious.
What possess a person to see the impressive work the XSS is doing on this game and proceed to call MS and one the engineers of the device liars? To attack the $300 box like there are cheaper, more powerful alternatives is an amazingly sad sight to behold indeed.

flight sim on series S looks fantastic to me and I’ve had a ton of fun playing it. The fact that we have to have a video side by siding the two versions just to pick out the minut background details between the two should speak leagues to how well the S is running this (but judging from the past pages in this thread it won’t.)

With my 1080p TV I have no intention of upgrading, the series S has been phenomenal.
Just as a value check, I have invested $380 into the series S thus far (system, game pass trick, enloop batteries). I am playing flight sim, ascent, sea of thieves, etc. along with this being my primary YouTube / movie streaming which will be no extra cost until may 2022. As somebody during the ps4 era that spent about $100 a MONTH on game stuff, I feel like I am stealing from Microsoft right now.
People aren't allowed to have a realistic impression of the XSS sadly. MS must be stopped. Flight Sim proves MS was being dishonest.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
How disappointing. Multiple opportunities to show how the XSS failed to deliver the same core experience as the XSX on Flight Simulator. Called MS and Jason Ronald liars. Provided ZERO evidence at all. The XSS offers the same features as the XSX. Flight Simulator offers the same core experience no matter which device you are playing on. MS NEVER said that the XSS wouldn't have reduced graphical features. That was something Anti-MS people invented to 'dunk' on the affordable console for reasons I'll never understand. You can't name ONE CORE FEATURE the XSS lacks that the XSX has. You can't show ONE MISSING FEATURE on the XSS version of Flight Simulator not ONE. But MS has misled the public? Did you finally report their misdeeds to the BBB yet? Surely this injustice must be stopped
Not even attempting to answer my posts now. That's like 4 posts in a row.

Your post is absolutely nuts, look at all that text, you've invented about 10 things out of thin air. It's quite impressive and at the same time equally worrying for the state of your mental health.

I think it's time for you to admit you have been proved wrong on all fronts and that you shouldn't have started accusing people of lying just because you don't like what they say.

Big wall of incoherent rambling doesn't mask the fact you're avoiding the whole jist of the discussion. Making several unsubstantiated claims.

Maybe you shouldn't call people liars next time, without backing it up because when they respond and highlight your inaccuracy you simply can't take it. And you go totally off the rails. We can all do without that.

Last edited:

AphexTwunt

This is all pretty funny really, although sad to see yet another thread go to shit - the only straw left is theatrically hand-wringing about the XS - it's going to be a looooooong gen for a some of you.

dcmk7

Banned
This is all pretty funny really, although sad to see yet another thread go to shit - the only straw left is theatrically hand-wringing about the XS - it's going to be a looooooong gen for a some of you.
Agreed.

Some people should learn to understand that people will have differing opinions on forums and accept that.

Not even attempting to answer my posts now. That's like 4 posts in a row.

Your post is absolutely nuts, look at all that text, you've invented about 10 things out of thin air. It's quite impressive and at the same time equally worrying for the state of your mental health.

I think it's time for you to admit you have been proved wrong on all fronts and that you shouldn't have started accusing people of lying just because you don't like what they say.

Big wall of incoherent rambling doesn't mask the fact you're avoiding the whole jist of the discussion. Making several unsubstantiated claims.

Maybe you shouldn't call people liars next time, without backing it up because when they respond and highlight your inaccuracy you simply can't take it. And you go totally off the rails. We can all do without that.
You are the king of inventing stuff bro. MS lied to the people about XSS! Invented. XSS lacks the same core features of the XSX! Invented. DarkMage619 DarkMage619 called developers lazy! Invented. MS Flight Simulator on XSS is missing the features the XSX version has! Invented. You haven't made one valid comment about the XSS in this thread or any other. Why not just ignore the console you know nothing about and find something else to do with your time? To take time out of your day to talk crap is so damn sad. Just pack it up dude.

dcmk7

Banned
MS lied to the people about XSS! Invented. XSS lacks the same core features of the XSX! Invented. DarkMage619 DarkMage619 DarkMage619 DarkMage619 called developers lazy! Invented.

Yeah, I've addressed all of this in my previous posts.

Check them out in this thread. But for the hell of it..

JwsgoiM.jpg

7t926c8.jpg

W5snXSa.jpg

You didn't reply or acknowledge this, the first or second time. It's on you to disprove it.

When are you going to do that?

As for you calling developers lazy, that was in another thread, but hope you've learnt from that at least.

Why not just ignore the console you know nothing about and find something else to do with your time? To take time out of your day to talk crap is so damn sad. Just pack it up dude.

I've obviously really upset you for having a different opinion of certain events.

For someone to get so upset, it's about time you take a break. You're not making any sense at all. I hope you're genuinely in good mental health, as what you have been posting today, has been all over the place.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
For someone to get so upset, it's about time you take a break. You're not making any sense at all. I hope you're genuinely in good mental health, as what you have been posting today, has been all over the place.

Ah the classic "express concern for someone's mental health" to try and discredit their posts. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Look, this thread is probably the absolute worst possible thread you could have chosen to try and downplay the XSS. Flight Sim even running on it is a marvel, let alone running at a virtually locked 30fps and looking as amazing as it does. Go console war about a console you'll never own because of who makes it somewhere else.

Ah the classic "express concern for someone's mental health" to try and discredit their posts. One of the oldest tricks in the book.

Look, this thread is probably the absolute worst possible thread you could have chosen to try and downplay the XSS. Flight Sim even running on it is a marvel, let alone running at a virtually locked 30fps and looking as amazing as it does. Go console war about a console you'll never own because of who makes it somewhere else.
Yeah the guy hearing voices from imaginary MS execs 'lying' about the XSS is concerned about someone else's mental health? Bad comedy.

Flight Simulator is a phenomenal looking game and a real triumph to the hardware team at Xbox. Customers love their devices and only insignificant console warriors head out to spread falsehoods. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Forza 5 will look on the XSS. I'm certain it will be a looker and another title delivering the same experience as the more powerful console.

dcmk7

Banned
Ah the classic "express concern for someone's mental health" to try and discredit their posts
What are you on about?

His post reads like he's having a genuine break down. Like I said in my post, he should consider taking a break, if gets that upset about a different opinion on a forum.

Look, this thread is probably the absolute worst possible thread you could have chosen to try and downplay the XSS. Flight Sim even running on it is a marvel, let alone running at a virtually locked 30fps and looking as amazing as it does.

It's an analysis thread, so for people to comment on the differences is to be expected.

Should all be expected to be able to discuss it without getting upset and personal about it.

Maybe don’t read in to it so much then? And why do you even care about it?

I wouldn’t stop for one second to think about what you said was your best game of the year so far. I don’t know you. But if I for some reason thought the same thing then I would probably think it was cool that someone I don’t know that might live on the other side of the planet had the same taste in games as me, so I’d say ”Cool, same here man!” or something.

I know more games are coming. But I haven’t played those yet. 🤷‍♂️

And what’s the deal with the it’s just a simulator comment?
It’s an awesome game and I haven’t played flight simulators since the Amiga days and has now found out how much I love them. So what? If you like the same games, then bro fist 👊and if you don’t then just let it pass like a fart in the wind, it’ll be okay.

Don’t think so much about it. It’s just a standard comment to express your love for games. I’ve probably said the same things about Ratchet & Clank and The Ascent as well since those are my top 3 games so far. Big deal?

But sure I could’ve just said awesome game instead or whatever, but I didn’t, I said it was likely my best game of the year, and it still is. Started playing it in VR now as well = Aaaawesome!! Next up is investing in a flight stick. Can’t wait to try that!!
It's your opinion that you think its best game of the year so far. Fair enough. I'm not going to knock you for it.
I also have this on PC and it's the most next gen looking game but have not yet had a chance to properly sit down and play it. I've taken a few test flights on easy mode 😂

MrFunSocks

Banned
What are you on about?

His post reads like he's having a genuine break down. Like I said in my post, he should consider taking a break, if gets that upset about a different opinion on a forum.

It's an analysis thread, so for people to comment on the differences is to be expected.

Should all be expected to be able to discuss it without getting upset and personal about it.
What am I on about? You literally played the "I'm concerned for your mental health" card on an internet forum mid argument. It's the oldest trick in the book. Next you'll probably pull the "woah calm down, why are you so getting so upset?" card.

It's an analysis thread that you're derailing.

Edit: oh you already pulled the "why are you getting so upset?" card hahahaha

Oh and BTW I enjoy the subtle trolling you're doing with your new avatar pic. Might fool some people into thinking you're being objective about xbox.

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
What am I on about? You literally played the "I'm concerned for your mental health" card on an internet forum mid argument. It's the oldest trick in the book. Next you'll probably pull the "woah calm down, why are you so getting so upset?" card.

It's an analysis thread that you're derailing.

Edit: oh you already pulled the upset card hahahaha
I didn't expect to learn something from you tbh. No idea that was an internet cliché. Maybe it became one because of users having breakdowns.

Like the ones I've witnessed today.

Md Ray

Exactly this.. it's totally trolling behaviour and shows a lack of maturity or some mental health issues. I mean asking for proof when I've literally provided it four times.. that can't be healthy.
I've shown those exact quotes too when these clowns ( Riky Riky , DarkMage619 DarkMage619 ) asked me for proof, this was a couple of months ago, btw... They still called me a liar and said MS never said any of that stuff :messenger_tears_of_joy: I was like...wtf?!
Confused James Franco GIF

Last edited:
I've shown those exact quotes too when these clowns ( Riky Riky , DarkMage619 DarkMage619 ) asked me for proof, this was a couple of months ago, btw... They still called me a liar and said MS never said any of that stuff :messenger_tears_of_joy: I was like...wtf?!
Confused James Franco GIF
Uh because it is NOT proof. Jason Ronald promised the same core experience between XSX and XSS. Both devices have the same feature set and run the same games. You disagree? Why don't YOU detail the missing features on the XSS version of Flight Simulator. Tell us what's missing and then file a complaint with the BBB detailing MS' false advertising. You might be able to take em down and save the customer!

The idea that you guys make disingenuous and outright falsehoods about the value console neither of you have is quite telling. Why would ANYONE listen to ANYTHING either of you have to say on the XSS?

dcmk7

Banned
Uh because it is NOT proof.

He said those exact words. It's even captioned in the video.

"..just at a reduced rendering resolution"

You disagree? Why don't YOU detail the missing features on the XSS version of Flight Simulator. Tell us what's missing and then file a complaint with the BBB detailing MS' false advertising. You might be able to take em down and save the customer!
No one is saying this. Why not discuss sincerely if you have a problem with his post without all the sarcasm and goalpost moving. MS aren't saints.

The idea that you guys make disingenuous and outright falsehoods about the value console neither of you have is quite telling.
Disprove it then? But it seems you would rather resort to going personal? Don't get it.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Uh because it is NOT proof. Jason Ronald promised the same core experience between XSX and XSS. Both devices have the same feature set and run the same games. You disagree? Tell us what's missing and then file a complaint with the BBB detailing MS' false advertising. You might be able to take em down and save the customer!

The idea that you guys make disingenuous and outright falsehoods about the value console neither of you have is quite telling. Why would ANYONE listen to ANYTHING either of you have to say on the XSS?
Didn't you tell me that Jason Ronald's "same core experience between X and S" meant stuff like 120fps, and not ray tracing...? Well now, once again 120fps is missing from the S, this time in Senua's Sacrifice. What do you have to say about that?

"series s is designed to deliver the same great next-gen experience and features as series x just a reduced rendering resolution."

What is this then?

Top Bottom