• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's Xbox is already crushing Sony's PlayStation when it comes to creating the 'Netflix of gaming' — and it has huge implications for next-gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Not Banned from OT
They may have won the console space, but this is much bigger.

the people that don’t see the potential of this never will.
I have been a gamepass subscriber since near the start I love it. One of the reasons for the series x purchase day 1. I don't think it is enough to penetrate the Sony firewall wall in the main land EU where Microsoft has get sales to really make a serious dent. Those are hard core sony loyalist who kept the ps3 a float while being pissed on by Sony. Gamespass is great but just not enough to push hardware in those areas Microsoft has problems. Streaming is not remotely viable to be a threat to win those areas.

Psykodad

Banned
Strange how with Microsoft it’s always “wait for the future when all their plans will come together” whilst in the meantime their main rival is destroying them.
The “Netflix of the future” if it does ever take off will depend on contentlike it always has and who has the better software content now?
Their main competitor from now on is Stadia, that's how low they've set their bar this time.

From that perspective, I can see them being successful next-gen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom