• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

ShaneB

BigJonsson said:
3PM Eastern!

4pm ;)

BXsMk.png

Heel

SATURDAY FIGHT SCHEDULE

UFC 138: Leben vs. Munoz

Prelims start at 9:30 AM PT / 12:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Main card starts at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on Spike TV (Note: Tape-delayed from England)

Pro Elite 2: Big Guns

Main card starts at 6:00 PM PT / 9:00 PM ET on HDNet

OTHER NOTABLE FIGHTS

Tomasz Drwal vs. Gary Padilla (Saturday, MMA Attack)
Ricco Rodriguez vs. Michal Kita (Saturday, MMA Attack)
Shootboxing - Toby Imada vs. Andy Souwer (Sunday, Shoot the Shooto 2011)
Shootboxing - Akihiro Gono vs. Henry Van Opstal (Sunday, Shoot the Shooto 2011)

yacobod

Banned
Chael Sonnen said:
I like Ed and he's very good at his job. He has protected a phony, got him paid and pushed more than anybody, and created a false legacy for a bum. Ed should be praised and copied, not fired. I have great management, and I'm lucky to be with them, but if I wasn't, I would hire Ed...and I'm not kidding...

Chael Sonnen on Ed Soares.

dream

tumblr_lccy5iWXvA1qcp23ro1_400.jpg

Miz from an interview today with Fighthub.tv: "I enjoy MMA. I always think it's cool whenever a former WWE superstar goes into MMA and Brock Lesnar becomes the champion. That's an homage to the WWE. We are entertainment, that is what WWE does. MMA brings another side of entertainment but I feel like we're two different companies. Both are fantastic, both are great to watch."

yacobod

Banned
sien916 said:
"Both are fantastic, both are great to watch."

Well, he's half right.

Wrestling is the base of the mma pyramid. Brock has strong amateur and professional wrestling. He might have the widest base out there :)

Heel

yacobod said:
Wrestling is the base of the mma pyramid. Brock has strong amateur and professional wrestling. He might have the widest base out there :)

Great point...here's a nice shot of Brock, post-uberknee.

UhmEL.jpg

Question about 138, will it be shown live in the US at any point or only tape delayed. I ask because I remember watching previous international UFCs live before they were shown on Spike

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Kinda weirdly hyped for this card. Like it's one of those flimsy ones that will overdeliver. I will just stay as far away from the prelims as possible.

magnificent83 said:
Question about 138, will it be shown live in the US at any point or only tape delayed. I ask because I remember watching previous international UFCs live before they were shown on Spike
You might find a bar showing the live feed via satellite. There was one bar here that did that, although it closed and i don't know any others that do.

magnificent83 said:
Can't stop the Internet, baby

Anyone gonna be lampin' for 138? Let me know.

Az987

all good things
Do the prelims start at 12:30 still? UFC.com says "Facebook Fights Stream Live Saturday at 1:40 pm ET/10:40 am PT" at the top of the page.

Chamber said:
Why do I get the feeling Face the Pain is here to stay? :(
Dana already said that it'd be here until January. That's when they're changing it all up.

Oh and speaking of Dana I watched that interview between that slime ball parasite Jerry Millen and Dana's mom last night. I don't care how shitty of a person your son is, you don't put a video on the fucking Internet airing out his dirty laundry. And of course Jerry asks questions like "do you think he does steroids" and "do you think the UFC is a monopoly? There's an FTC probe going on trying to determine it". I find it funny how she was taking some moral high ground as she was participating in that interview.

Heel

Az987 said:
Do the prelims start at 12:30 still? UFC.com says "Facebook Fights Stream Live Saturday at 1:40 pm ET/10:40 am PT" at the top of the page.

I'm sure that's the new time then. UFC moves the start time for every event without fail, haha.

TheNatural

My Member!
polyh3dron said:
Dana already said that it'd be here until January. That's when they're changing it all up.

Oh and speaking of Dana I watched that interview between that slime ball Jerry Millen and Dana's mom last night. I don't care how shitty of a person your son is, you don't put a video on the fucking Internet airing out his dirty laundry. And of course Jerry asks questions like "do you think he does steroids" and "do you think the UFC is a monopoly? There's an FTC probe going on trying to determine it". I find it funny how she was taking some moral high ground as she was participating in that interview.

I think Eminem and Dana's mom should form an alliance. Leech media whoring parents.

OMG talk about a real UFC throwback. Back to the days when it was bar fighters and Vitor Belfort.

I love the name of the event: "Backyard Fighting Championship: No Hold's Barred"

Incorrect punctuation gives it street cred.

And I just watched it.. Pretty funny, Tank LnPing this dude but whatever.

It's almost time for the 138 Facebook fights, ready for your weekly dose of self-harm, dream?

ShaneB

polyh3dron said:
OMG talk about a real UFC throwback. Back to the days when it was bar fighters and Vitor Belfort.

I love the name of the event: "Backyard Fighting Championship: No Hold's Barred"

Incorrect punctuation gives it street cred.

They clearly mean No Hold is Barred!

I checked it out of sheer curiosity, and every time I clicked a random time, it was Tank on top and that was it.

Still though... wtf?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
polyh3dron said:
Ehh it's ok he's in the UK, they have shitty saunas there. Paul Daley misses weight in the UK all the time and then comes to the US and hits 170 without a problem.

That and we've got pork pies. There's not a sauna in the world that could fix that shit.

ShaneB said:
They clearly mean No Hold is Barred!

I checked it out of sheer curiosity, and every time I clicked a random time, it was Tank on top and that was it.

Still though... wtf?
Tank has back control and doesn't do anything with it for 15 mins and then they take a break and have a 3 minute ot because that's how their ufc fight was. The ot starts around 19 minutes in. If you like seeing old men punch each other, it's worth skipping to.

Scott's a gentleman; doesn't attack when Tank is gassed with hands on knees not even looking at him.

Also Tank should give John Matua a rematch!

Looks like they've done away with announcing fighters' weight in the stone format.

Of course this means they're getting the fuck out of the UK after this.

Top Bottom