• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

Bros my mom didn't wait until dinner to ruin the day. My cousin left crying and my sister isn't even here yet. New record for my mom. It's like she plans this shit ahead of time.

For those of you that watched Jackie Brown ...

Why didn't the bail bondsman guy go with Jackie? He seemed to be in love with her and committed a felony and was about to give up his business for her. She finally reciprocates and he's like, 'well see ya later'. What did I miss?

Got a Kobo for christmas, so perhaps I'll join one of those fancy book clubs and start reading more. Keep me updated on must reads Mak. First on my list I believe is "Marooned in Realtime", a suggestion from a previous thread, it sounds awesome.

Anything by Joe Abercrombie is great. Start with The Blade Itself (book 1 of the First Law Trilogy).

Other good books I've read recently:
Pushing Ice
Gateway
Pandora's Star
Master and Commander
All Souls Rising
The Postman
Ship of Fools
The Long Ships
The Dog Stars
Leviathan Wakes

ShaneB

Anything by Joe Abercrombie is great. Start with The Blade Itself (book 1 of the First Law Trilogy).

Other good books I've read recently:
Pushing Ice
Gateway
Pandora's Star
Master and Commander
All Souls Rising
The Postman
Ship of Fools
The Long Ships
The Dog Stars
Leviathan Wakes

Got LW as well, seems like a pretty beefy epic though, and with how slow I can be with reading, it'll take me ages to get through it.

Can Velasquez re-injured his shoulder while playing with his new Wii U due to pent-up aggression during the wait for the update, Alistair Overeem is getting his license (he is now eligible to apply) and will be replacing him at UFC 155.

/wishful thinking

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Applied for my residency visa today. It should be processed within two weeks. Hopefully it's all cool and immigration let me bang.

industrian

He is refuting the claim about the brawl on facebook, still having Visa issues but fighting in Europe soon it seems.

I'd hate to be a fighter sometimes. It's impossible to have a normal life. All these psuedo-alphas are lining up to take shots at you when you're in bars/clubs.

Hell, being as tall as I am has given me a few run ins with dudes wanting to take me on in order to prove that they're tough.

ShaneB

The movie is out already what did you expect? I hate having to spoiler tag shit for a movie that is already out.

Agreed. Why anyone ever goes near a thread of a movie/game/book they haven't seen/played/read, is beyond me. What's the point? What relevance will your post have? "OMG I can't wait to see it!!!!"... "OMG, it's only 2 days away guys!!" "OMG, I don't know, should I watch this movie, tell me!!"

After a UFC card happens I stay far away from the threads until I watch it. (or quickly ask if it's worthy to watch and quickly bail and ask for a pm)

Stay away from that shit.

industrian

My god this movie is absolute shit. I sincerely hope that Denzel and Crowe got paid when doing this.

industrian

Virtuosity becomes even more relevant. It has a UFC segment and everything.

Is that Ken Shamrock?! Mein Gott...

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I'd gladly trade side kicks to the knee for knees to the head of a downed opponent.

Heel

Django Unchained was the shit! Might be my favorite QT... not sure yet.

Agreed. Glad I had such a great audience experience, which may be skewing my ranking from a pure movie standpoint. From the thread it seems like a lot of people got the movie ruined by dumb white people.

Have to admit though, I've never seen Jackie Brown. One of those "I'll get around to it eventually..." things. I should do that soon.

charsace

GSP would be a lot better.

He would have a harder time securing a take down if guys could throw knees without worrying about being penaltized. You have to remember that a lot of the outside shots guys do to get a take down at times would become harder to secure, especially against a high level striker.

FACE

Banned
Agreed. Glad I had such a great audience experience, which may be skewing my ranking from a pure movie standpoint. From the thread it seems like a lot of people got the movie ruined by dumb white people.

Have to admit though, I've never seen Jackie Brown. One of those "I'll get around to it eventually..." things. I should do that soon.

'Cism.

Jackie Brown holds a special place in my heart because it was the first QT movie I ever watched, and also because I used to hang out at the Del Amo mall as a kid.

Jackie Brown is his best. My audience was a good mix of people.
I was one of the few people that knew that the Italian guy was the original Django.
Some old black man seating next to me looked over and said "You have good taste in movies. I saw you mouthing the theme song. I love those old movies" after the movie ended.

He would have a harder time securing a take down if guys could throw knees without worrying about being penaltized. You have to remember that a lot of the outside shots guys do to get a take down at times would become harder to secure, especially against a high level striker.

It would be easier to secure singles.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

He's talking about GSP. You know, Georges St-Pierre? He isn't like Lesnar just out there bum rushing guys for the desperation takedown. No one is better at setting up their shot.

Top Bottom