• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam UC |OT| Janky FROM Mecha Action

I've really started playing this in earnest now that I've completed Graces f. Control set up is really cool, but there is a pretty steep learning curve with the difficulty once you start playing some of the Unicorn mode missions. The initial Kshatriya vs. Unicorn is pretty tough, but once you figure things out it gets better. Gotta use dash. A LOT.

Also, looks like versus missions against Nu Gundam and Sazabi will be up later today.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Honestly, I'd be down to buy this if there were more opinions on the gameplay. Is it basically Gundam of War?

Honestly, I'd be down to buy this if there were more opinions on the gameplay. Is it basically Gundam of War?

Huh? Gears of War? God of War? It's not like either. The only similarity with Gears is that you can take cover behind space debris.

It's janky as expected, but plays a lot like ACE 2 and 3. Takes place entirely in space, lots of dashing and melee beam saber combat. There's Unicorn mode which follows the story of episodes 1-3, and Custom Cast mode, which lets you assemble a team of mobile suits and a battleship. Custom Cast is the meat of the game, as Unicorn mode is a bunch of short missions and a metric ton of cutscenes (stills from the show with new audio from the VAs).

f3B8w.jpg

Top Bottom