• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More details on Madden 2005's online features

DMczaf

http://general.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/6938/

Pretty much the same stuff from the last thread, but a couple new things.

Madden 2005 will bring online tournaments, enhanced messaging abilities, and a reputation rating to the field this year and looks to make the game as functional as it is ambitious. Upon logging in, gamers will be greeted by a customizable live ticker where they can check real-life sports scores or get updates on what their friends are up to. Once in the game, players will be able to keep track of a rather robust set of statistics and even scout their opponents and how they play the game.

Another key feature in the game is the ability to create tournaments either in game or on a PC through a Web-based interface. Tournament participants can even receive alerts and messages from other players via an upgraded EA messenger function. This function can be set to forward text messages to you via e-mail or to a cell phone via SMS when you're not online.

Finally! I dont have to go on my PS2/Xbox to just make a tournament or something.

shpankey

not an idiot
The reputation rating is going to kick ass. Great idea and a long time coming. I love how you can filter out people with low reputations and disconnect rates. Man, this is some good ideas. ;)

On a final note, we must commend EA on their excellent ratings for the San Francisco 49ers. At e3, they had the 49ers rated a dismal sub-70 on both sides of the ball. Now, they are in the low 100's. Much thanks and credit to the EA producers for picking up on this flaw before the game hit the market.

sweet, looks like EA is finally PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY

Top Bottom