• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Matrix Box Set Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/538/538459p1.html

It appears the rumored 10-disc set is indeed what's in store, along with an even more expensive Collector's Edition Gift Set that includes a Neo minibust and a soundtrack CD. The set will come in five cases, meaning two discs per case (thank you, Captain Obvious). No price has been set but it's rumored to be in the $59.95 range.

The discs break down as:

Disk 1 - The Matrix (digitally remastered and recolored)
Disk 2 - The Matrix Revisited (the same disc already released)
Disk 3 - The Matrix Reloaded (no director's cut)
Disk 4 - The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
Disk 5 - The Matrix Revolutions (no director's cut)
Disk 6 - The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
Disk 7 - The Animatrix (the same disc already released)
Disk 8 - The Roots of the Matrix
Disk 9 - The Burly Man Chronicles
Disk 10 - The Zion Archive

There will be two audio commentaries for each film: one from philosophers Ken Wilber and Cornel West, who analyze the meanings behind the films, and one from three film as-yet unnamed film critics who hated all three films. This should be good. Andy Wachowski said "They just sit there and rip the s*** out of us for six hours."

LOL!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I would definitely love to hear those hateful commentaries, but there isn't a chance in hell that I'm double dipping on these films.

Meier

10 disks for 60 bucks is a damn good deal since that'll mean like 40 bucks the first week at Best Buy or something. Shame about their being no director's cut versions of Reloaded and Revolutions because you know they'll probably release them some day.

Mason

Yeah, Andy said in that recent audio interview that they refused to do a commentary but came up with the idea of having philosophers who liked the film and critics who hated it do a commentary. Should be really interesting.

I'm still debating whether to get this set (and give my 2 DVDs to one of my cousins) or just get Revolutions and complete the trilogy. I guess I'll wait and see the packaging/final pricing before deciding.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Red Dolphin said:
So does that mean that Reloaded no longer included the additonal 55 minutes of footage that was filmed for Enter the Matrix?

Read the link, the stuff filmed for Enter the Matrix will be part of the DVD set but it won't be in Reloaded.

Personally this is a no brainer purchase just to here the positive and negative commentaries.

Has anybody done that before with a commentary? Intentionally choose a group that didn't like the movie?

mrmyth

CVXFREAK said:
Damn, people hate Star Wars director's cuts but want Matrix ones? Did I miss something?

There was almost nothing wrong with the SW prequels. There's a myriad of shit to fix in the Matrix sequels.

Seth C

CVXFREAK said:
Damn, people hate Star Wars director's cuts but want Matrix ones? Did I miss something?

We've already got the original cut of all the Matrix movies on DVD. Not so with Star Wars. No one minds if Lucas puts out a Star Wars Director's Cut, they just want the originals also.

Alucard

Banned
Negative commentaries? These are at least going to be worth a rental. I doubt I would shell out the cash for the entire box set.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DarienA said:
Read the link, the stuff filmed for Enter the Matrix will be part of the DVD set but it won't be in Reloaded.

So they didn't even put it in the movie? This box set just lost some appeal for me.

DMczaf

matrixcollectionr1artpic1.jpg
matrixcollectionr1artpic3.jpg

Shinobi

I give 'em full credit for including a hater's commentary track...there are few people who would allow that for their work.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The special packaging is just slimline CD cases in a plastic box? I'm not buying it since I only liked the first movie, but for fans that kind of sucks.

Prospero

The hater's commentary track makes it a must-buy for me (and I had not the least intention of going near this set--I haven't even seen Revolutions).

DarienA said:
Personally this is a no brainer purchase just to here the positive and negative commentaries.

Has anybody done that before with a commentary? Intentionally choose a group that didn't like the movie?

The Criterion edition of Spartacus:

B00005A8TY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

has author Howard Fast talking about how Stanley Kubrick fucked up his book. And the commentary track for this:

B000056WR3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

has everyone recorded in separate rooms and then edited together--you get the director talking about how one part of the movie came off really well, followed by Lysette Anthony (who played the female lead) just ripping the hell out of it. It truly is one of the best commentary tracks ever pressed to disc.

M3wThr33

Banned
I planned on getting this a while ago, just because I didn't hate the movies that much. Keep in mind, I enjoyed all the Star Wars movies.
Any idea what "soundtrack" they mean? All of the movies's shared soundtracks totalling 3 CDs or just a random pile of junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom