• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Moriarty reviews Jurassic Park 4: The Search for More Money, and the rumors are true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

What I don't really get is.....can the dinosaurs talk or will they just have a human team leader who speaks?

Oh man, those cards really did rule.....I can't believe that like 1/5 of the cards are devoted to the gory deaths of small children. if they want to do something really campy then they should just adapt it to the "Dinosaurs Attack!" story. But this dinosaur special agent stuff sounds pretty cool, if only for its ability to make fanboys go fucking nuts.
df05.jpg
df09.jpg

df08.jpg
df32.jpg

Comfort_Eagle said:
Holy shit i used to love that show when i was a kid! Wow, now i feel like trying to track down some episodes for some reason.
I still have the VHS tapes they sold in TRU. I watched a few the other day. Horrible writing but it moves along at a rediculously rapid rate.

doncale

Banned
Instead, he offers Nick a job, and in order to explain the job to him, he has to take him on a tour of the entire castle, which turns out to be a fairly sophisticated genetics lab where Grendel Corporation has been breeding some dinosaurs of their own design, cross-breeds that never existed in any era of nature with all sorts of custom modifications.

I want to tread lightly on what happens over the course of the rest of the film on the off chance that Mary Parent or someone at Universal is seriously going to make this thing. There?s the eight-year-old-boy side of me that thinks that a DIRTY DOZEN-style mercenary team of hyper-smart dinosaurs in body armor killing drug dealers and rescuing kidnapped children will be impossible to resist.

And then there?s the side of me that says... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Nick is put in charge of training these five dinosaurs, X1 through X5, and the first thing he does is name them. ?Any soldier worth his pay has a name to answer to, not a number,? he says. So we are introduced to Achilles, Hector, Perseus, Orestes, and Spartacus, each of them a specially created deinonychus

DINOBOTS, TRANSFORM! AND PREPAR FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION!

which is sort of like a miniature T-rex.

ME, GRIMLOCK, LEADER. ME GRIMLOCK STRONGEST OF ALL DINOBOTS WILL LEAD. ME GRIMLOCK WILL STOMP BAD DINOSOARS INTO GROUND!

They have super-sensitive smell and hearing, incredible strength and speed and pack-hunting instincts, and they have modified forelegs, lengthened and topped with more dextrous fingers, as well as dog DNA for increased obedience and human DNA so they can solve problems well. All of this is topped off with a drug-regulating implant that can dose them with adrenaline or serotonin as the situation demands.

awesome!

border said:
Oh man, those cards really did rule.....I can't believe that like 1/5 of the cards are devoted to the gory deaths of small children
They're so awesome. I mean there's the god damn card of a bridge and groom getting gored through the intestines by the horns of a triceratops. With the caption Nuptial Nightmare. Fuck, that's funny.

FoneBone

ManaByte said:
The question remains, what will be worse? Jurassic Park IV or Drew "Moriarty" McWeeny's Universal Soldier ripoff that only got one good script review and it was from his pal Harry Knowles.
There was also his Westworld knockoff that got a positive review from Knowles... without him identifying Mcweeny as Moriarty.

Tool

Banned
FoneBone said:
There was also his Westworld knockoff that got a positive review from Knowles... without him identifying Mcweeny as Moriarty.

I didn't know that.

Mejilan said:
Bogdan = Greekboy?

I wouldn't be surprised about this at all. I've been around many message boards and guys like "Greekboy" probably have 2 or 3 userids kicking around that noone knows about.

FoneBone

Tool said:
I didn't know that.
The original review:
http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=4344
Well there are two scripts that have come across my desk that are not attached to any talent whatsoever that I'm aware of... and they are both genuinely scary and wonderfully thought out scripts. The first is a script called DONNIE DARKO by Richard Kelly and the other is called AMUSEMENTS by Drew McWeeny and Scott Swan. Both of these scripts feature smart characters in very scary situations.

*snip*

And AMUSEMENTS is a larger scale film... Actually it is a very large scale film that I just adore. Like DONNIE DARKO it is a superb script, but instead it's about adult characters in a place where they don't have ANY control over anything. It mixes up elements from DISNEYLAND to GHOST IN THE SHELL to... well... I don't know. And it's scares are on the very real and relatable plain. In a perfect world this script would land in Zemeckis or Fincher's hands. In hell, it'd end up in Renny Harlin or Jan De Bont's.

*snip*

From folks like Guillermo Del Toro and Stuart Gordon... to folks like Richard Kelly, Drew McWeeny, Mike Prosser, Scott Swan and Mike Williamson... There's a shitload of talent you folks are not using.... Look at the numbers from those 8 horror films.... get to work

Knowles' defense:
http://www.reel.com/reel.asp?node=movienews/confidential&pageid=14866
Q: Weren't Harry's enthusiastic postings on the site about Drew McWeeny and Scott Swan's script Amusements and Richard Kelly's script Donnie Darko unethical?

Knowles' Reply: "I write about scripts based on the scripts, and not the relationships that go along with them," he says. He claims that McWeeny's script either is or has been in development at Digital Domain and that McWeeny and Swan "have taken meetings [elsewhere] based on [the response to] Amusements … and the fact is that Drew McWeeny is and was an unknown screenwriter." He says he has "no connection at all" with Richard Kelly, the author of Donnie Darko.

Tool

Banned
Bogdan said:
I have an idea for the knuckleheads acting fun and calling me greekboy; get a life. Guess what? There are some socially adjusted, confident people who post on this message board. And get this some of us are opinionated!!!! Not everyone that rubs you the wrong way is the same guy under an alias.

So are you saying that Greekboy is socially adjusted and confident? Everyone seemed to hate the guy. You're one of the few people that have actually given him some good words. I'm not saying you are he, just that you never can tell on the internet these days unless you know the person in real life.

Tool

Banned
Bogdan said:
I thought Greekboy was great at what he did; troll the uptight people. People, especially people on this board, get uptight when someone comes in and is cocky and stands up for themselves. I never saw any of Greekboys other antics so I really can't say but he seemed funny to me, so many of the people on here just take it so seriously.

Also let's not forget our target audience. Greekboy was playing to maybe 10% of the GA audience. I know some of the mods liked his shtick otherwise they wouldn't have let him hang out for so long. After awhile the voice of the other 90% will become too loud and something will have to be done.

I was told we're not supposed to talk about bannings in the public forum. Better not bring it up anymore.

Phoenix

Willco said:
If you want to sift through the article CLICK HERE, but if you want to know the godawful truth about Jurassic Park 4, highlight at your own risk!

This is what passes for "awesome" in Hollywood nowadays? Wow. They should just let this series die. Now.

I can hardly contain my laughter. Even worse is that some people will think this is the best movie ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom