• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrowind PC problem...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I decided to bust out Morrowind on the PC once again to try some mods, but I'm now having major performance issues...

When you start it up, the very first area bounces between 8 fps and 60 fps depending on where you look. Most of the time, it is so incredibly choppy that you can't possibly play it. When you walk along the bottom there, it actually was running at a constant 2 fps.

Any idea what's wrong? This occurs without any mods loaded.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"Any idea what's wrong?"

The game was programmed by morons.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh yeah, specs...

P4-2.4 GHz
Radeon 9700 Pro
1gb 3200 DDR ram

The game ran very well before, though...that's the problem. It's been about 1 year since it was on my PC, however...but everything else runs extremely well. I know the game has shit coding, but I can't understand what the hell THIS is all about...

BenT

He has a point, though. It's almost incredible how poorly Morrowind runs in certain areas (towns!), and resolution / CPU / video card seem almost irrelevant. It's just how the game runs. Poorly.

Personally, I could never solve the hourly CTD (crash to desktop) issue either. Good stuff.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Hopefully Morrowind taught Bethesda to pour some cash into a BETTER Middleware solution. I agree on all complaints about Morrowind's performance.

In other news I doubled the fog distance and it's great!

Top Bottom