• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most gruesome way to be tortured/killed in medieval times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yilmazz

Ecrofirt said:
Ooh, I heard a fun one mentioned in a movie once.

1) put rats in a big jar, and glue it to your head.
2) use blowtorch on the end of the jar to hear it up
3) rats freak out and chrw through your skull.

Yay!

I heard about this one with a tube in your ass instead of a jar on your head.

NotMSRP

Japanese water torture. Tied to a restraint, your head locked tight, blind folded, laying down. A drop of water would fall on your forehead at random intervals. Could be a few seconds, could be minutes
Wasn't a similar torture being done by the US to suspected terrorist prisoners?

arab

Jacobi said:
Haha, my dad did that too with us at the same age. There were actually the real torture machines they used. But I think I was too young to get the brutality of this.

Yeah, when I was 7, my dad took me to the Zoo...

dark_chris

Gold Member
HolyStar said:
Wow, if the U.S. used some of these crime would go down real fast. Man, they must have had manly men back then.

Sounds very crazy, but the crime here is crazy. If something like this was done, it would scare criminals and "about to be" criminals shitless and not make them do it. Cause they would know the consequence of their actions.

WalkMan

Banned
dark_chris said:
Sounds very crazy, but the crime here is crazy. If something like this was done, it would scare criminals and "about to be" criminals shitless and not make them do it. Cause they would know the consequence of their actions.
Crackheads are a fearless bunch.

El Papa

Can you imaging if it was your JOB to do fucked up shit like this to people? How did midevil executioners get that job? How you sleep after doing something like that to someone is beyond me. If we still did that shit today, axe murderers would have thier outlet, ha.

Raven.

Banned
dark_chris said:
Rather than just going about with insane inhuman tortures(btw, it's impossible for the system to be perfect, thus some innocents will actually get through.), shouldn't we seek a better more humane way? There are criminals who believe in eternal punishment and still go through with their crimes, so we know that not even such will deter all.

In any case wouldn't it be better to simply control the initial conditions? We already know how even trivial nutritional/lifestyle changes can affect the developing fetus... even before that genetic predispositions can set forth the stage for undesirable dev.s should certain environmental conditions further push the individual in the wrong direction. Control the memes given to a child, control the genes bestowed upon this individual, control the environment in which he will develop, and you may have your ideal citizen for an ideal society, an ideal world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom