• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most overlooked games of E3

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Wellington said:
I will agree with M3Thr33. The Hulk is going to be awesome.

My choice? Why, the game of the show.

trauma-center-20050513004606196.jpg

trauma-center-20050513004606852.jpg

trauma-center-20050513004608774.jpg

trauma-center-20050513004610180.jpg

:D
Preach it brotha!! :p

I wanted to play more, but stopped cause I was tired standing.

Kiriku, do you think the reason why Genji was overlooked was because of the recent flood of action games coming out like DMC3 and God of War. And those games were intense, one had the challenge factor and the other had the gore factor. So maybe that could be a reason why everyone was like "action games, been there--done that."

So did Genji have the combo/move variety/depth of Devil May Cry 3? Or was it more of a hack-n-slash like Onimusha?

Also, in what ways did you think Genji was superior to Onimusha 4?

Was it for the reason of being "fresh" and only that? Or did Genji simply play better?

Thanks dude.

ram

fahrenheit....äherm... indigo prophecy (shit names for america, hurray!). this is one of the games, i look most forward this summer.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
C- Warrior said:
Kiriku, do you think the reason why Genji was overlooked was because of the recent flood of action games coming out like DMC3 and God of War. And those games were intense, one had the challenge factor and the other had the gore factor. So maybe that could be a reason why everyone was like "action games, been there--done that."

So did Genji have the combo/move variety/depth of Devil May Cry 3? Or was it more of a hack-n-slash like Onimusha?

Was it for the reason of being "fresh" and only that? Or did Genji simply play better?

Thanks dude.

no where close to dmc

its just a hack and slash with this cool sort of music gameish one hit kill special attack. Its really fun doing those. you press the special button and everyonen backs off, then you have to press square when the game tells you to to kill all the guys(including bosses)

B E N K E

There were a lot of great games that didn't get as much attention as they deserved thanks to all the next-gen movies and so on.

I liked Genji as well, Football Manager PSP had me amazed, Sonic Rush (I really don't see how anyone can overlook this game though), Star Wars: Empire at War looked good too (but buried underneath all the strategy goodness coming AoE III, Civ IV, Rise of Legends, Spore...), PSU didn't get much attention... Total Overdose has been overlooked too. Looks great.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Holy crap, I hadn't seen that Sonic Rush footage yet. Looks outstanding.

It's like the DS is succeeding in spite of itself. I can't believe I'm probably going to get one now, but the lineup is just looking too good. I think it's going to get harder and harder for people to justify not owning one (provided a lot of these games pan out)...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
C- Warrior said:

Thanks dude.

Yeah, you may be right. I haven't played DMC3 or GoW yet, maybe people are action game'd out. :p
But I still think there's something special about the setting, the atmosphere in Genji (much like Onimusha, even though that series sometimes goes too over-the-top with time travel, robots and stuff like that). Also, I thought the "mind's eye" system was cool.

I didn't get too involved in the whole combo/move variety, but I think it has a lot of potential in this area since you have to time your defense right with the enemy attacks IIRC, and that you can do defensive rolls and use two different attack buttons to make combos. And jump. I haven't played DMC3 much, but it definitely seemed to have more depth to it than the Onimusha games.

But then, Onimusha 4 seemed to have quite a system with upgrades for individual moves, and a combo system as well. But it still felt like Onimusha in the controls, which I guess would be a reason why Genji feels "fresh".

And well, Genji played better because the camera system in Onimusha 4 was kind of eh. I don't enjoy controlling a camera around in action games.

Wish I had the demo and could play it like 10 times more to answer your questions more in detail. :(

Angst

ram said:
fahrenheit....äherm... indigo prophecy (shit names for america, hurray!). this is one of the games, i look most forward this summer.

After reading this I looked up Indigo Prophecy and it sounds really innovative and interesting. I wonder if it'll be any fun to play though... Worth checking out!

It doesn't look all that great, but the innovative way of pushing the story forward sounds cool.

indigo-prophecy-20050503060346860.jpg

indigo-prophecy-20050503060339720.jpg

ram

Angst said:
After reading this I looked up Indigo Prophecy and it sounds really innovative and interesting. I wonder if it'll be any fun to play though... Worth checking out!

It doesn't look all that great, but the innovative way of pushing the story forward sounds cool.

indigo-prophecy-20050503060346860.jpg

indigo-prophecy-20050503060339720.jpg

it is maybe not the "game of the year 2005", but like quantic dreams "nomad soul", fahrenheit will be a very atmospherically game, that is worth playing. on that matter, i`ll have no doubt!

Top Bottom