• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most satisfying action game attacks?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne's Shootdodge never gets old for me.

max3j4atm.gif

Even the standard slow-motion attacks are awesome.

maximumarmour4erpm.gif

dawgparty

Gears of War Chainsaw

This has to be it for me. Throughout all the Gears games I played I never once got tired of the Chainsaw animation. I also liked how some characters had different touches to theirs(Anya uses her foot to get the enemy off the chainsaw afterwards).

Memento

Shooting arrows at the machine's parts and then blowing them up piece by piece in Horizon Zero Dawn is so fucking satisfying. The visual and sound feedback is incredible.

I can't find gifs for them, but probably the pee/poo attacks in Okami. The only thing more satisfying in that game was having the option to bark, bite butts, and dig.

Also: Landing a killing blow in Zelda games that lead to this animation -

Zelda_Skyward_Sword_Link_Sword_Animation.gif

jtb

Banned
Dishonored does satisfying kills really well. Post above nailed it: nothing feels quite as satisfying as getting the drop on a tallboy

Deus Ex Typhoon System. So satisfying when you clear an annoying room in one attack.

giphy-5gif.gif

Ha the Typhoon is near the top of my list of most unsatisfying game attacks ever.

Too many press A to win attacks in the new DX games. At least the melee kills feel like a satisfying culmination to a stealthy approach.

LotusHD

Banned
2B's Heavy Attack with a Spear and Large Sword equipped

eZb8gml.gif

Her finisher is also great:

7wdpgu2.gif

Also have nostalgia for the simple yet effective Power Bounce from TTYD, it's just great to keep it going for as long as you possibly can:

giphy.gif

Slow Motion attacks in Viewtiful Joe:

giphy.gif

Nothing compares to Dante's Real Impact with Gilgamesh in DMC4. It's even better when you time Devil Trigger to get more damage. Greatest move ever.

Can we just shame every single person who posted a submission without any a gif?

My humble submission would be Caladbolg. Sure, it's a silly fanservice musou clone, but arrow nukes just make me hard:

latest

Also, sword beams:
Hlq6GMU.gif

And a little cheating, by posting a cinematic super attack not something you use real time:
lunar_requiem_by_nerodeangelo-d6etx9i.gif

Mory Dunz

2B's Heavy Attack with a Spear and Large Sword equipped

http://i.imgur.com/eZb8gml.gif[/IMsG]

Her finisher is also great:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/7wdpgu2.gif[/imsg]

Also have nostalgia for the simple yet effective Multibounce from TTYD, it's just great to keep it going for as long as you possibly can:

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/nDlT969yqQFXi/giphy.gif[/IMGs]

Slow Motion attacks in Viewtiful Joe:

[IMG]https://media.giphy.com/media/irvvCzTKL04ak/giphy.gif[/IMGs][/QUOTE]

Power Bounce

xuchu

Nothing compares to Dante's Real Impact with Gilgamesh in DMC4. It's even better when you time Devil Trigger to get more damage. Greatest move ever.

Distorted Real Impact! So good. Could just delete bosses from the game.

Felt like releasing a mega shoryureppa

SoulUnison

Banned
Though the whole package isn't technically an "action" game, Noctis' warp strike in Final Fantasy XV manages to never get old and always feel satisfying.

13ruce

Banned
While breath of the wild's combat is very simple the added parry is so satisfying to pull of.

Especially deflecting Guardian Lasers or parrying Lynels.

DMC4:SE Vergil's Judgement Cut End

irRKQ26.gif

Ninja Gaiden 2 Izuna Drop

ngcombo2inu8.gif

Ninja gaiden 2 Flying Swallow

giphy.gif

Ninja Gaiden 2 UTs

giphy.gif

ngxjan.gif

Yo, it is time for NG to come back. Idc what team ninja says.

or at least give me some PC ports of the old ones. These gifs just reminded me how much i truly loved those games, esp 2.

Also, this is the first gif that's made me wanna pick up DMC4 SE

Top Bottom