• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most satisfying action game attacks?

XaosWolf

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!

-Wonder Red, Wonderful 101

I agree, but technically that's we only get to use Unite Charge.

We then just sustain the Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow via the gaming world's greatest button prompt.

Holy shit do I want a Switch port for TW101

Mephala

I know some people have mentioned Titanfall 2 for some executions and stuff but I want to give a shoutout to the Titans. Particularly Scorch's Flame Core and Ion's shoulder laser.
P79Hr4u.gif

oTvYS2m.gif

Suplexing the robed guys in RE4, and exploding their heads as a result

My pick as well

My other choice is Dante's Million stab in the original DMC (this particular GIF I made came from DMC1HD from DMC HD collection released for PS360 I think in 2012):

IVlPz5f.gif

I looooove how it responds to your button presses (if you let go, he more or less immediately finishes the move up...this version of the Million stab feels quite easy to me to control how long you want it to go on...unlike later classic DMCs and even the Bayonetta games, where the updated versions of the move, in most cases, feels like they only have two preset lengths of the move, depending on how much you mash the button in those games), I love how at the last second, at the near very end of the Million Stab, you can either High Time after it or do a Stinger after it instead of the default power stab at the end of the combo (although that has its uses too sometimes)...not quite sure if the later classic DMCs allow to do these things after or during the Million stab....I loooove how it's overall animated and powerful it is, how Dante slowly inches forwards as he's performing it (something that bothers the heck out of me that the later classic DMCs and Bayonetta games got rid of sadly [although not the same move, in Bayonetta 1 specifically, if you do the combo that results in the series Flurry kicks (I think that might be the official name for the move?) ending with a Wicked Weave...whoever is performing the series of Flurry kicks (either Bayonetta or Jeanne) does slowly inch forward...but even then, it's not as prominent and dramatic as Dante's GIF here]...he just stands in place in said games...how lame!)...I looove how easy it is to perform compared to the later DMC classic games...imo, it's the easiest one to pull off

Top Bottom