• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mountain Dew has been killing it lately

I rarely drink soda, but I have do have a habit of picking up random flavors of Mountain Dew

first saw these last year so decided to pick them up since I love anything watermelon:

81BuwwrBwbL._SL1500_.jpg

was actually very tasty

this past Christmas I noticed these:

6162BxyqU3L._SY879_.jpg

also very good. if you like ginger ale, you'll probably dig it

finally, last week I ran into this...yes...flamin' hot Mountain Dew.

mtn.png

I was completely expecting it to be horrible. to my surprise, it's actually very good. it pairs really nice with Mexican food, which I cook a lot of during the summer.

are you a fan of Mountain Dew?

_Justinian_

Gold Member
The only Mountain Dew that I like are the Original and Red versions. I hear there is a Real Sugar version somewhere out in the wild that I need to get my hands on at some point.

lem0n

Mountain Dew fucking slaps. There's a new Circle K exclusive called Purple Thunder that is incredible

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wish they made more flavors without sugar. I really would like to try them. I can't justify that many of my daily calories going into a soft drink.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Too much of any vitamin can poison you. If you're drinking enough of this to die of niacin poisoning you're likely going to die of an obesity related heart attack before you die from liver failure.
Not true, depends on how much you drink and I know people who are drinking this daily few cans and some of them have problems. But okay, just saying, everyone can use the knowledge I presented like they want to.

I want them to bring back the citrus cherry game fuel halo 3 flavor. My favorite mountain dew by far. they have it in some markets. They have this flavor in my market:
New-Mountain-Dew-Thrashed-Apple-Flavor-Arrives-At-Kroger-Family-Of-Companies-On-September-13-2021-678x381.jpg

Tastes like apple jolly ranchers.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Not true, depends on how much you drink and I know people who are drinking this daily few cans and some of them have problems. But okay, just saying, everyone can use the knowledge I presented like they want to.
If niacin poisining from soft drinks was a problem we'd be hearing from more than you about a couple of your friends and your observation of their problems. If they're drinking those kickstart energy drinks, sure. One of those has about 80% of the recommended daily intake of niacin. But normal soft drinks aren't going to give you niacin poisoning.

M1chl

If niacin poisining from soft drinks was a problem we'd be hearing from more than you about a couple of your friends and your observation of their problems. If they're drinking those kickstart energy drinks, sure. One of those has about 80% of the recommended daily intake of niacin. But normal soft drinks aren't going to give you niacin poisoning.
Wait, this isn't energy drink? We don't have Mountain Dew here, so I might fucked up for some other brand...

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Mountain Dew is bizarre it's the one soda where its spin offs are all better than the original

M1chl

an expert who doesn't even realize that the drinks in this thread don't contain niacin?
Nah I only expert on Energy drinks and basically all of them have niacin in large doses, I fucked up, because I thought this is also energy drink, so never mind. My point about actually energy drink still stands.

Kilau

I've never had a Mt. Dew because when I was a kid my mom told me the "dew" was snot people spit into the cans.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I believe it. Mountain Dew probably pairs well with these out-there flavors because it tastes like nothing natural on this green Earth. When you're already starting from a base as alien as the Dew, those unexpected combos can blend well, I bet.

Cohetedor

The only Mountain Dew that I like are the Original and Red versions. I hear there is a Real Sugar version somewhere out in the wild that I need to get my hands on at some point.
It's called mountain dew throwback in the u.s., taste is about the same but has a different mouth feel without all the corn syrup.

lachesis

VRfotgR.jpg

I was more of Mello Yello guy when I lived in midwest back in ealry 90s...
Can't find them here in NJ. :(

I don't really get the dew though. Once in maybe 5 years I drink the dew, but always come away not so impressed...
but I will pick one up tomorrow when I go to groceries & test my taste bud again!

Rival

Gold Member
I believe it. Mountain Dew probably pairs well with these out-there flavors because it tastes like nothing natural on this green Earth. When you're already starting from a base as alien as the Dew, those unexpected combos can blend well, I bet.
You’re absolutely correct. I don’t know if it’s possible to describe the way Mountain Dew tastes.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Bruh.. fuck Mountain Dew. That shit has like 73Gs of Sugar. GRAMS Holy Mother of Guacamole. That shit can possibly be farmed for sugar, itself.

VRfotgR.jpg

I was more of Mello Yello guy when I lived in midwest back in ealry 90s...
Can't find them here in NJ. :(

I don't really get the dew though. Once in maybe 5 years I drink the dew, but always come away not so impressed...
but I will pick one up tomorrow when I go to groceries & test my taste bud again!

They have Mellow Yellow here in California, but I am thinking it's only at Fairplex in Pomona, where they have all the Drag Races n shit. I used to work there, and it was my first time tasting it. Wasn't bad. Reminded me of a piss colored sprite, with a bit more tang or zest to it.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Voltage, The Original Game Fuel & Baja Blast they really do have solid flavors. Wish they'd bring back the Game Fuel it was unmatched.

070924_HaloGameFuel2hmed_1p.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom