• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movie theatre nostalgia. What are you fav movie theatre concession options?

natjjohn

My go to since being with my wife is Large Popcorn and a Large Icee we split that typically is a mix of cherry and Coke Icee. If really splurging, get a second Icee or a soda from a remix machine (love me the variety of zero options). At my main theatre, the Icee machines were front facing so you could get refills during the show or as you left along with the popcorn. Helped justify the price.

I really miss going to the movies since Covid hit. You have the naysayers that complain about others but I must be lucky as rarely have had issues with others in a theatre ruining the experience. Plus with the theatre upgrades, the declining seats, improved projection/screens and audio has made it just a fun time out.

p.s.

For those at other forums, yes I stole this conversation topic from entremet entremet . May be the new thing I do! Be on the lookout for more stolen topics. This isn’t my first time!

Love those welly nachos. With that cheese that kinda burns your throat, either from some sort of spice or the complete lack of natural ingredients.

I used to go with a big bag of wine gums but kept eating them before the trailers were done, so now I go with a large popcorn and large Pepsi max.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
I agree that for big spectacle events, nothing beats the movie theater. I have had my share of bad experiences too. Once broke up a fist fight in X-men 2. And then another time I had to sit next to the worst smelling human being on planet earth at an IMAX showing of Endgame. Thankfully I am one of those people that can close their nose flap without pinching it shut and just breathed through my mouth the entire movie.

But that’s it in terms of bad experiences out hundreds of movie theater trips.

On topic: Nothing beats Reese’s Pieces and a Dr Pepper. Maybe Sour Patch Kids.

TaySan

Banned
None i sneak my shit in. My family brings some candy from the grocery store because no way we are paying theater prices. At most i pay for a large soda.

kunonabi

My usual is a cherry coke/water and a bag of reese's pieces or a box of Milk Duds if necessary. If I have a little extra to splurge with I'm usually into Nachos although they kind of suck these days since they just give a little bag of pre-packaged chips now.

A big buttery tub of salty popcorn is nice but I'll only get it if I'm sharing with someone.

Last edited:

natjjohn

None i sneak my shit in. My family brings some candy from the grocery store because no way we are paying theater prices. At most i pay for a large soda.

Yeah, pre-wife, I never bought concessions, but if did, was the sneak in variety. Id was a candy person, would exclusively sneak in. Hard to sneak in a tub of popcorn and an Icee... though have heard of folks sneaking in Icees!

Nymphae

Banned
lol nostalgia for $20 snack options. Yeah nachos and popcorn are fine but I never ate at theatres unless it was free with a special deal or something.

I was mainly just a popcorn and soda person. Theater candy is too expensive and really easy to sneak in anyway.

That theater popcorn taste was a part of the theater experience for me, though luckily I learned of the secret that is flavacol, so I make it at home now. =P

SegaShack

I was mainly just a popcorn and soda person. Theater candy is too expensive and really easy to sneak in anyway.

That theater popcorn taste was a part of the theater experience for me, though luckily I learned of the secret that is flavacol, so I make it at home now. =P
Don't forget to pop it using coconut oil.

HeadsUp7Up

I only ever eat Mike & Ike and Raisinets at the movie theater so that's what I miss. Those and some cheap nachos with jalapeños.

Vyse1800

Years ago I went to the theater with a friend of mine who bought two medium popcorns and two raisanette boxes. He poured one box into each of the hot popcorns and gave me one. That was pretty tasty for sure. I haven't had that again but at the time it was cool, except you'll need lots of napkins since the chocolate melts all over the popcorn. Which is the whole point of course.

My go to was coke, popcorn (sometimes nachos), and some random candy. Later on I found out theaters in NYC had things like curly fries and chicken strips. It was like dinner and a movie.

Mihos

Gold Member
Spree or Snowcaps.... i like my movie snacks to be aerodynamic in case some mensa member is on their phone

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I enjoyed sneaking in a 22oz of beer. PBR and High Life were booze of choice.

always sneak in food folks u never buy at theater

Top Bottom