• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies Where You Want The Bad Guy To WIn

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Ivan-Drago-cut-scene-Creed-2-.jpg

They did an awful job at making the audience not like this guy and an awful job at making the audience like Creed.

This.

I really wanted Creed to lose that second fight.

His aunt and uncle don’t deserve shit for being such massive dumbasses.

Aunt and Uncle: “We detest you, Harry! We hate having to raise you!”
(letters start arriving offering to fully take care of Harry for 75% of the following seven years)
Aunt and Uncle: “What? Fuck that! We’ll be sure you never go to that school and leave our sight!”

Those two chucklefucks made their own bed, so they can live with their unhappiness. A solution was flat out dropped in their laps, and they threw it away.

Sonja Sohn Television GIF by ABC Network
Harry was rich. And not rich as a moldu, ridiculously rich like Mcduck. Dumbledore wanted the magical protection offered by the house and did not care at all for the dursley. If they knew of all the gold of the potter family, and as kin they did had a right to some of it, they would probably have treated him differently. But as moldu their will has no value. For me it was too little too late.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Ivan-Drago-cut-scene-Creed-2-.jpg

They did an awful job at making the audience not like this guy and an awful job at making the audience like Creed.

I don't think he was meant to be the bad guy. He was meant to be sympathetic as he was a pawn of Russia like his father was... So folks were rooting for both fighters. At least I was.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I came in here to type this!

Jamie Foxx's character was NOT a good guy in the story! Gerard was targeting everyone that let the bad guys essentially get away with what they did to his family! I was rooting for him the entire time!
It's such an underrated film.
Anyway the majority of films made in the last 8 years.
Damn even in the new Scream with the exception of the legacy characters I root for ghostface now.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Point Break

tenor.gif

The original and best Fast & Furious before turning the "villains" into the "heroes" of the franchise.

TgQCVpkQSZ81G.webp

And after making them the "heroes" as the series progresses you start liking villains like Shaw (Again before shifting him to "hero") and Dante more.

The only FF movie I've seen is part 1 (oh ya I saw the one in Japan too) but I noticed that part 1 Is a huge ripoff of Point Break

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I wanted the aliens in independence day to win. Mostly because I found the whole hacking the alien ship with a mac so absurd even back then.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I wanted the aliens in independence day to win. Mostly because I found the whole hacking the alien ship with a mac so absurd even back then.
It REALLY helps to understand the foundational bit of literature they were referencing with ID4

KiPOjoi.jpeg

Once you put it in that context, a computer "virus" wiping out the aliens is at least excusable, even if it's a bit dumb.

Top Bottom