• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies You Have Walked Out Of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bowie

Spike said:
I've never walked out of a movie, but does falling asleep during them count? If so, here are the films I've slept through:

Star Wars: SE
Empire Strikes Back SE
Phantom Menace

Hahaha... what were you thinking? "Well, I slept through the first two SW movies, so maybe I won't sleep through this... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Spike

Jim Bowie said:
Hahaha... what were you thinking? "Well, I slept through the first two SW movies, so maybe I won't sleep through this... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

Heh. That's why I didn't go and see Jedi in theatres. :) To be fair, I wasn't even planning to see any of them. It just happened that my relatives wanted to take their kids to see them, and they asked if I'd like to join them.

Honestly though, I always fall asleep during A New Hope, right at the part where Obi-wan and Luke are overlooking Mos Eisley atop the cliff. As for Empire, I had no sleep the night before performing upgrades to the systems at work the night before, and working the whole day, so I actually kinda passed out during that one. :)

I was contemplating whether or not to walk out on Envy during the first 20 minutes of the movie. Luckily, I didn't and ended up enjoying it.

I did walk out on Queen of the Damned and Red Dragon. I was too drunk to enjoy them.

never. It seems pointless. I mean, its ONLY 2 hours of your time people, and besides, with reviews and whatnot, its easy to pick out the real bigtime stinkers ahead of time anyway.

Shazapp

I've only walked out of one movie ever: Le Divorce.

I was with a date and she wanted to go back to my place...so I did not hesitate to leave.

Amneziak

aka The Hound
I've only ever walked out of one–the Psycho remake with Vince Vaughn; however, I did get my money back. Maybe it's just AMC, but I thought most theaters would refund you if you walk out.

I SHOULD have walked out of City Slickers 2. I saw at least one or two others do it, and I was just hoping it would get better.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
I have never walked out of a movie.

I came close though for these ones:

Species
Caddyshack II
Star Trek V

Anyanka

when I saw MK Annihilation in the theater the guy I was with wanted to leave right after Kitana and Liu ride in the giant gerbil tubes. I didn't want to leave though(I like the movie quite a bit) so we stayed.

Fifty

A Korean film at the Toronto film festival last year. Man, was it awful. The room only had about 50 people in it, and at about the 45 minute mark people started slowly filing out. I kinda wish I knew the title, only to remember the worst movie I have ever seen.

Boogie9IGN

Koshiro said:
Walking out on a movie you've paid for is the most arrogant thing a person could do. People that do that need their kneecaps busted just so that they can't walk out on movies.

I agree, I'd never walk out, no matter how stupid.

(Although That Darn Cat! is the worst movie ever made)

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I walked away from Rebelove. Most of you probably never heard of this film - leave it that way. I fell asleep, awoke, then walked away at What Lies Beneath. Some friends wanted to check it out and I really wanted to see Snatch which was also shown that night :/
I almost fell asleep during Master and Commander, but I guess that was because I was severely stoned.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Anyanka said:
when I saw MK Annihilation in the theater the guy I was with wanted to leave right after Kitana and Liu ride in the giant gerbil tubes. I didn't want to leave though(I like the movie quite a bit) so we stayed.

They killed off Johnny Cage in the first 30 seconds. What a horrible movie. And Motoro kept reminding me an italian dude for some reason.. and that I thought was disturbing.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Anyanka said:

LOL that's the only movie I've ever walked out on, and it was at that EXACT spot.

MonkeyBoy

the Hulk, signs, the crow city of angels wich made me drive to another theater to watch independance day for the 5th time.

Socreges

Banned
Schindler's List. And just after a few minutes. It was just so horribly inaccurate. Apparently Speilberg was under the impression that life in the first half of the 20th century was actually in black and white. And don't get me started on that whole "Holocaust" thing.

Honestly, never. But I don't pay for bad movies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I've never walked out of a movie, but the closest I came was with that awful rockstar movie with mark wahlberg and jennifer aniston. My god, it was terrible.

7imz

Bad Boys 2... Only because I went directly to see it after a 20 hour flight, I kept falling asleep during the movie

Cherubae

I wanted to walk out of Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and Political Colors. PC felt like a looooong movie but my friend wanted to stay until the end :p

i was so close to walk out on the passion of christ,,man that movies was the worst piece of crap my eyes had ever been exposed to!

imagine making a movie out of a book filled with lies and events that is so unreal that it is impossible for it to be real!

i mean walking on water and shit..come on give me abreak

the bibel is overated!

and those idiots that devote their lifes to the church are freaks

I've never walked out of a movie, but I took an extended bathroom break when watching "Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter" on DVD with some friends. Aweful movie making at its worst. The most horrific moment was probably the ending where the movie actually attempts to send a positive message.

Crispy

I walked out of The Contender, a political drama thriller thing

I saw it in the sneak preview, so you don't know what movie it's going to be. At first it looked like it could get pretty exciting, but it was just a complete uninteresting mess. To make things wordse, the airconditioning was broken and it was hot as hell in the theater. After the break we just walked out, we couldn't take it anymore!

Ninja Scooter said:
never. It seems pointless. I mean, its ONLY 2 hours of your time people, and besides, with reviews and whatnot, its easy to pick out the real bigtime stinkers ahead of time anyway.

IAWTP

MysteryMen was extremely tempting to walk out of though... ( I didn't even want to see it )
Zoolander was pretty crap too.

Spike

robertsan21 said:
i was so close to walk out on the passion of christ,,man that movies was the worst piece of crap my eyes had ever been exposed to!

imagine making a movie out of a book filled with lies and events that is so unreal that it is impossible for it to be real!

the bibel is overated!

Jesus > you.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Walked out of Nixon, more out of sheer boredom than it being a crap movie. The Bourne Supremacy made me dizzy, but it's a damn fine film.

Loki

Count of Concision
robertsan21 said:

the bibel is overated!

Thanks for that shrewd analysis. Whore.
thumbup.gif

I've never even seen the flick (believe it or not :p), but your comments above are uncalled for.

Cherubae

xsarien said:
You better have the best reason in the world for this.

If I was familiar with the drug-high world, perhaps I would of understood it better. To a just-say-no girl it was very boring. I remember there were a scene or two that made my head dizzy from the images/camera angles (and also affected my friend the same way).

It was not an enjoyable movie for me :p

I walked out of this stupid movie about undead people coming back from hell or something. I don't remember, it was fucking stupid. It's pretty old, like around 1994-5.

Oh, and I really wanted to walk out of that stupid Sam Neil movie about the spaceship from hell but friend forced me to stay.

Oh and how could I possibly forget Stealing Harvard. Dear God I don't know how I was convinced into seeing that.

Alucard

Banned
Most theatres in my area have a policy that if you walk out of movie during the first 30 minutes, you can get your money refunded. I've never done it myself although I've been tempted on quite a few occassions. Van Helsing was one of those movies. But I was with friends who wanted to sit through all of it.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
Freddy Got Fingered and Van Helsing (I left to go to the bathroom actually, but I met up with some friends outside and we smoked a J, so technically I didn't "walk out" of the film). Still though, the movie was pretty shitty from the first 30 minutes or so that I saw.

Prospero

I tried to walk out of Devil's Advocate, but the woman I was with didn't want to--once the "twist" at the ending happened, she said, "We should have walked out. We could have gone to a bar and gotten drunk by now."

I walked out of Monster's Ball, but only because of the poor projection at my local theater--there was no sound in the center channel, so there was music, but no dialogue. When I explained this to the projectionist, he said, "I hear sound. There's sound." Dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom