• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple Industry-Leading professionals criticizing Activision Blizzard

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How else is pressure meant to be put on someone or some company without monetary impact?

Timmy going without being able to buy call of duty for a little bit is gonna be ok.
PR statements, social media activity, news stories, wider consumer awareness affects the stock price. Check that out currently.

Skifi28

Oh fuck off with this attitude people, we aren't talking about things that "supposedly may had happened", we are talking about things that actually happened, further crimes where committed protecting the criminals, and how all as made public.

There's no way to defend all this.
People were raped, people died, the higher ups were recompensed with bonuses for succeeding in suppressing the victims. When all this shitty sugar coating talk stops and you people start showing that you have some moral standards and start demanding accountability? At least stop defending these criminals. The way you people talk are signaling only that "if the was me in their place I would do the same".
And let the law handle what happened, not social media or random company bosses. If you think an obvious statement like this means defending criminals, the issue lies with you.

Last edited:

elliot5

PR statements, social media activity, news stories, wider consumer awareness affects the stock price. Check that out currently.
Yes which is what this is as a first step. The nuclear option that may be being "assessed" is pulling sales or processing transactions. It's all attempts to monetarily hurt Activision to drive change

Damigos

I hope Sony and MS kick them off their platforms
And i say this being a HUGE fan of WoW and Diablo..
Fak them and fak EA for the same reasons

OrionNebula

To the men out there:

Use suncscreen and apply some good product to your face daily, preferably after a shower.

Source: guy who looks 15 years younger than he is.
Fuck that

Fuck sunscreen and lotions
I’m in the Jim Jefferies school of thoughts. My skin learned at a very young age that it could not rely on me. My skin knew I was not gonna help it, and it has learned to adapt based on that

Signed : the other guy that looks 15 years younger than he is, with flawless skin

As for this topic, big companies should be 100% certain their house is without any reproach before starting to fling crap around and point fingers. Otherwise people will come down on them twice as hard when shit floats to the surface

Fuz

Banned
striped-hyena-hyaena-hyaena-panoramic-images.jpg

Yes. As i mentioned in the other thread:

Probably doing this as PR until he himself gets in the crosshairs.
Hopefully that means that Xbox house is in order when it comes to this type of behavior.
Phil Spencer makes a brave tweet hoping to drown out the sound of bones rattling away in his own closet.
When you start saying these kind of things people start digging into your own past, lets hope this guy is as clean as he acts.
Are you implying that Phil Spencer has sexually harassed or assaulted someone? Do you have ANY evidence that what happened at Blizzard is happening at MS and Phil is responsible? Wow console wars hit new levels every day.

This "glass houses" shit is silly.

MS forced Bill Gates off of their board for merely flirting with an employee vaguely via email.

They've been the kind of HR that whiney grown men would call "woke" since like the 90s.

This wasn't one person doing something bad; the CEO knew of a rape allegation and other accusations and lied to his own board of directors about it and was involved directly in making sure people weren't punished for sexual harassment. Activision did an investigation into an allegation against Dan Bunting, and the investigation concluded he should be fired.. and Kotick said no.
Agreed. People are equating to to unjustified canceling which is silly...everything points to wrong doing. No need to try and justify the celling falling down on them. It should be.

Yup, neither will retire their games from their respective stores.

Also, wouldn't that also punish lots of people innocent of this fucked up behavior?
Yeah, I'm not saying they should do that. Keep business and politics seperare. Stuff like this just comes off as empty PR speech and a threat I'm sure Activision isn't taking seriously (outside of more negative PR towards them).

reksveks

What do Activision internal issues have anything to do with MS-Activision relationsip?!?!?
Cause rightfully the employees of one company don't want their employers to works with another company that has extremely questionable workplace balances. As a manager of those employees, you have understand your employees concerns.

If this internal email satisfies those employees, maybe or they might want more. That's a conversation for MS and their employees.

I do want to add

Phil has made a kind of public statement which is brave imo. Admittedly will look very stupid if something substantial comes out against him.

Like I said in the thread about Ryan….why now?
They should have hit activision with these statements back at the end of July when this shit first started.

I’m glad they both spoke out but c’mon

And let the law handle what happened, not social media or random company bosses. If you think an obvious statement like this means defending criminals, the issue lies with you.
Comments like this serve to put even more pressure on the powers that be at Activision, that's a good thing. Hopefully the law will investigate and people will be brought to justice also.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Like I said in the thread about Ryan….why now?
They should have hit activision with these statements back at the end of July when this shit first started.

I’m glad they both spoke out but c’mon
Why now is because Activision failed to implement new changes, and get rid of the bad apples. Thats Jim Ryan criticized specifically their response to the allegations. It has been dragging on for far too long, and Kotick is now in the crosshair himself telling women that he will kill them, writing fake letters, and keeping the board in the dark about rape settlements. The more this thing goes on, the more distracting it becomes to companies that do business with Activision. MS and Sony platform Activision's games. They will soon find themselves in the crosshairs if appropriate actions are not taken fast enough.

Again, it's about the response. MS also went through this with Bill Gates recently, but they said all the right things and took care of it immediately. Activision has let this drag on forever.

SlimySnake

Would be hilarious if Phil got "me too'd". He has set the standard of removal, allegations without proof from anonymous workers.

Good Luck Mr. Spencer.
Phil is too vanilla to get MeToo'd. I bet hes the kinda guy who married his high school sweetheart and still drives around a 1989 Toyota Corolla.

Jimbo on the other hand looks like he spends most afternoons snorting cocaine off colombian hookers asses.

Thats probably why hes aged so fast.

Last edited:

kyoji

Are you implying that Phil Spencer has sexually harassed or assaulted someone? Do you have ANY evidence that what happened at Blizzard is happening at MS and Phil is responsible? Wow console wars hit new levels every day.
Wah wah wah. U must be one of those rats kretos was speaking of, u know the ones whom he is living rent free in there heads? Now go look at the jim ryan thread first page and come back and read my post again and see if you can figure it out 🤡.

way to expose yourself 😂

Hopefully that means that Sony's house is in order when it comes to this type of behavior.

Probably doing this as PR until he himself gets in the crosshairs.

Jim Ryan makes a brave tweet hoping to drown out the sound of bones rattling away in his own closet.

When you start saying these kind of things people start digging into your own past, lets hope this guy is as clean as he acts.

But thanks for your concern and ‘outrage’

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Jim Ryan has the stress of being profitable while Phil Spender has the trust fund job of spending papa Microsoft's money. Of course one stresses you out more.

Jesus christ, not even a thread condemning something as serious as sexual abuse is free of these 5yo crying baby comments.

VAVA Mk2

Its funny. Balmer is the kind of guy you would expect to be a walking harrassment lawsuit, but it was the nerd Bill Gates who would hit on and have affairs and relationships with his subordinates.
Ballmer was just a dumbass. He totally was wrong about iPhone as well as Windows 8 and Surface RT.

Last edited:

GHG

If only Jim Ryan had this level of defence in the other thread.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem sircaw sircaw you guys are asleep at the wheel. The above is the level of dedication and commitment expected from you going forwards.

DaGwaphics

I can’t believe him and Jim Ryan are the same age! Jim looks like an old raisin left out in the sun whereas Phil looks like a fresh grape.

Completely off topic, but it is always striking when you see two people the same age and one of them looks like they must be the parent. LOL

Jesus christ, not even a thread condemning something as serious as sexual abuse is free of these 5yo crying baby comments.
You got caught lackin. Do you think people want to nod off all times. Just robotically going. That is totally reprehensible?

kyoji

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem sircaw sircaw you guys are asleep at the wheel. The above is the level of dedication and commitment expected from you going forwards.
His level of artificial intelligence is unmatched! Truly a top of the line high end model in robotics. He still probably hasnt figured it out even after i laid it out for him in plain sight. Just goes to show how selective some of these people are when it comes to certain things, and its always the same ones but no suprise coming from DarkMage619 DarkMage619 he probably reported me too 🤪🤣
GPRuqTP.jpg

back to condemning bobby and praising phils brave leadership

Last edited:

SlimySnake

It's just a joke. Hes not even making light of the rape accusations. Just making fun of two execs who have nothing to do with sexual abuse.

If anything, it keeps the mood light and keeps threads from becoming too depressing. If you stop funny people from being funny then you get miserable places like era.

I am sure 50% of Sony fans hate Jimbo whereas Phil is universally loved by the green rats.

Last edited:

Dane

They're doing this because Activision Blizzard is a big company who has deals with both console makers, they don't want that shit going nonstop and hurting their royalties numbers, it has been going on for months now.

ZoukGalaxy

Phil is not your buddy.
Just stop praising him, he's just a corporate guy trying to be cool. And, yes, he's good at this.
And to be clear: Jim neither.

Also, yes, Activision like EA are really shitty corporates.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ah yes, the holier than thou attitude. Cringe as fuck. Those living in glass houses better not throw rocks around. You might just be the next juicy scandal.
That's corporate PR for ya. Got to join in on the parade. As if everyone at giant corporations are squeaky clean.
I can’t believe him and Jim Ryan are the same age! Jim looks like an old raisin left out in the sun whereas Phil looks like a fresh grape.
Holy shit. Never knew that. Both early 50s. Phil looks in his 40s. Jim Ryan looks 70.

pqueue

has sony severed their special relationship with Activision re: CoD over this yet? Early DLC access, etc.?

No?

Not surprising. All talk. No action.

and I expect nothing from MS either.

Top Bottom