• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My coworker thinks I'm stalking her because I found her home address on a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
We keep sheets around with everyones phone numbers from Hotschedules, which is normal in restaurants. The information found was on a public Florida database. Where exactly does my employer have authority over me using a free public database? No time, effort or money was involved.

My image and job are fine; I may explain the whole thing stemmed from her small talk asking if I was single moments into meeting me, but keeping my mouth shut seems best according to consensus. I doubt Ill even work with her for several days but Im sure we will be fine: Everyone from the girl she told to one of her best friends there knows Im a bit rough sometimes but creepy.

Just because something is there, you do not have to use it.

My first girlfriend was at 17 and we dated four years. Around two years in I had a roadtrip with a crush (brothers wifes niece) and wanted to make a move. I spent two hours on the phone with my girlfriend breaking up. Minutes later I tried to kiss my crush and got rejected bad. The next few days were awkward.

My girlfriend and I got back together the next day.

My crush greeted me years later at a mall excited to see me.

Im awkward and weird sometimes. Life is akward and weird sometimes. We move on.

7YHNEme.gif

My first girlfriend was at 17 and we dated four years. Around two years in I had a roadtrip with a crush (brothers wifes niece) and wanted to make a move. I spent two hours on the phone with my girlfriend breaking up. Minutes later I tried to kiss my crush and got rejected bad. The next few days were awkward.

Is this story supposed to make you look better in our eyes? I think it's time for you to stop posting.

emma-stone-omg-orjfu.gif

I left her my number months ago, and on the website only needed her first and last name; We have never talked via number and like her home adress I never retained the information just that I could get the information so easily.

People getting numbers off hotschedules to text someone to pick up or switch shifts is normal though.

Overreactions in response to comments and not based on the info Ive said are clearly proof of that: Such as the posts directly before this one.

The point of the subject was to laugh at my expense so no harm done. Life goes on.

Holy shit. Even with a day to reflect you still don't seem to be capable of grasping the most basic concepts of why what you did strikes everyone as creepy.

Numb

People share the weirdest things
What reaction does this require

eso76

I guess the way I would characterize the thread is that there is a consensus that telling her was wrong and some debate over looking up the info in the first place. I would say even looking up the info was creepy since (a) the specific info is kind of weird things to want to know about a co-worker and (b) he had just asked her out on a date and been turned down.

Well it is creepy when you put it that way, but I don't think OP was actually looking for specific info.
I don't think.
Good luck explaining her though yeah

LMAO called it.

FyreWulff

We keep sheets around with everyones phone numbers from Hotschedules, which is normal in restaurants. The information found was on a public Florida database. Where exactly does my employer have authority over me using a free public database? No time, effort or money was involved.

Sweet jesus you have zero concept of boundaries whatsoever, hence why apparently you have no issue hitting on family members..

LionPride

Banned
There's always more, 1st post is just the tip of the iceberg every time. He's just admitted to dumping a girlfriend of 2 years OVER THE PHONE just so he could make sexual advances to an extended family member. When he was rejected went back to the girlfriend like nothing happened.
Scumbag tendencies, stalker tendencies, what's next?

akira28

his brother's wife's sibling might be much older? and perhaps old enough to have a child within non-creepy dating age. just noodling this through.

Thks thread has made me Google myself to see what comes up. Seems like I have a common name, first and last. Even typing in my city gives a few different hits.
I'm safe from people like the OP. 😏

She's probably telling everyone how creepy you are when you're not around.

And personally I would be scared of you. Women worry about being raped, kidnapped, and assaulted. And just reading your OP made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Who the fuck does that? And then tries to defend it when everyone is telling you how creepy it is? You creep me out, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom