• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N. Korea flies an unidentified projectile across border with S. Korea: military

If China simply kills all the refugees crossing the border and the USA has to sink the boats b/c its populace wants no refugees then so be it. That's the problem with nuclear weapons. They are so incredibly destructive that normal morality can no longer apply. A few million deaths to stop potentially tens or hundreds of millions of deaths makes logical sense.

Holy fuck, that's abhorrent.

Laieon

Likely to have been a balloon carrying propaganda leaflets.

AP: "Seoul says NKorean object that drew fire was likely balloon"

Ayy...

Z7cS9cd.gif

MadeULook

If China simply kills all the refugees crossing the border and the USA has to sink the boats b/c its populace wants no refugees then so be it. That's the problem with nuclear weapons. They are so incredibly destructive that normal morality can no longer apply. A few million deaths to stop potentially tens or hundreds of millions of deaths makes logical sense.
I bet you think you look so smart right now. This is disgusting to read.

What in the hell? Did you stop watching in the middle of the Kimmy Schmidt episode about philosophy and the greater good or something? Jesus Christ.

O_Atoll

You are a psychopath or trolling. Might want to get check out if not trolling. Wow.

StMeph

What if we just did a little bit of genocide? Just a smidge? Come on, no one will even notice!

If we only perform a half-genocide, and then half of that, and then half of that, etc., we'd never actually achieve genocide and could get away with it.

This is awful.

If you truly operate this way in life and thinking you really need to talk to someone professionally.

Also reflect on your own words:

Modern corporations and CEOs are all functioning sociopaths in how they treat their employees. The profit motive just turns human beings into numbers on a spreed sheet. When you stop thinking of employees as humans but dollars that count against the bottom line this is the sort of thing that results.

Will continue the train to call this gross, because it's gross.

Syncytia

Wait, does NK really send propaganda balloons to the south? What are they trying to achieve with that? Someone in SK is going to read and think "Aw shit, NK have been the good guys all along, I should leave my obviously much better life here and join the KPA."

brian577

Banned
Wait, does NK really send propaganda balloons to the south? What are they trying to achieve with that? Someone in SK is going to read and think "Aw shit, NK have been the good guys all along, I should leave my obviously much better life here and join the KPA."

South Korean activists have been known to do the same thing.

I find it funny it's through a balloon. Having one land in your backyard would be cool.

Ivellios

This was disturbing to read, "simply kill all the innocent refugees"? Jesus Christ, this post is so very wrong

brian577

Banned
This was disturbing to read, "simply kill all the innocent refugees"? Jesus Christ, this post is so very wrong

In the end it may come down to that if conflict really does ever breakout. China will never allow a flood of refugees to stream across their border. I don't like the idea any better than you but if they can't contain them...they will do what they believe is necessary

Ivellios

In the end it may come down to that if conflict really does ever breakout. China will never allow a flood of refugees to stream across their border. I don't like the idea any better than you but if they can't contain them...they will do what they believe is necessary

Perhaps yes you're right, if a conflict truly happens no one can control what China will do with the refugees for example

But what i meant was wrong was that guy post, in the sense that i understood him saying something like this "just wipe NK out, and fuck the refugees and be done with it"

I think this is far more complex and the possible refugee situation should be considered in all planning in dealing with the NK situation

Top Bottom