• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N3 Ninety Nine Nights Trailer

hmm......well, based on those lame characters, it doesn't seem like Q is in charge of the style and all that stuff. so here's hoping they have hand when it comes to the gameplay and stuff.

sangreal

Luscious LeftFoot said:
Trailer gets a big "meh" from me.

Phantagram doesn't like it either. In a recent video interview the guy goes on about how the CG company did a crappy job on it.

Didn't the Phantagram guy essentially disown the outsourced CG trailer that was made for them...the one that golem linked to here? He called it ugly. And Miziguchi's Q Entertainment team, as far as I am aware, is in charge of the art and design while Phantagram collaborates in a more technical manner.

sangreal

MightyHedgehog said:
Didn't the Phantagram guy essentially disown the outsourced CG trailer that was made for them...the one that golem linked to here? He called it ugly.

Yep, but I beat you to it :)

And Miziguchi's Q Entertainment team, as far as I am aware, is in charge of the art and design while Phantagram collaborates in a more technical manner.

Yeah, thats what the Phantagram guy said in the same interview

The actual combat looks pretty slow to me...I played a demo of Kingdom Under Fire and enjoyed it, and I was looking forward to 99 Nights, but after seeing the gameplay, I'm left with a big question mark.

Basically, the way I see it...Mizuguchi and Q Entertainment thought up the game and what they wanted to do with it...And Phantagram is actually developing the game.

almost seems like MS is doing what Nintendo did to get Twin Snakes done.

any word on exactly who's "developing" the Mist Walker, and Games Republic games?

sangreal said:
Blue Dragon - Artoon (yes, I know)
Lost Odyssey - Feel Plus
ah, so it seems like MS is pulling a Nintendo in that sense.

well, i can't say that suprises me. although they've said nothing thus far, i really doubt these guys are 360 exclusive for the time being (unless they've said other wise). im sure the games are exclusive due to the development circumstances, but i gotta say i'd be suprised if these guys weren't working on PS3 / Revolution stuff as well.

although Q Entertainment definitely isn't 360 exclusive at the moment.

any word on if Games Republic games are collaborations as well?

^^^Didn't someone from MS in a recent interview say Sakaguchi would only be working on xbox360 games?

Ugh... Artoon *interest in Blue Dragon fading.*
Has "Feel Plus" done or developed anything noteworthy?

Luscious LeftFoot said:
^^^Didn't someone from MS in a recent interview say Sakaguchi would only be working on xbox360 games?
it's definitely possible, although i'd be confused by their decision to be exclusive to the system. if MS is funding all these projects (which it seems like), and the people over at Q, Mist Walker, and (possibly) Games Republic are pretty much just acting as producers, then i see no reason what so ever why these companies wouldn't have the resources to develop other games on their own, for other systems.

i mean, it's not like they have the same amount of weight on their shoulders that the guys at Artoon, Phantagram, and Feel Plus have to deal with.

im just saying, if MS is funding the games, and Q, MW, and GR don't have to deal with the bulk of the development, it seems like MS did nothing more than buy their names, and style.

hope it works out for them.

I thought Mistwalker were doing a DS game?

And unless they've changed developers, Genji's already been announced for PS3, so that would make GR non-Xbox360-exclusive.

sangreal

Die Squirrel Die said:
I thought Mistwalker were doing a DS game?

Yeah, the agreement doesn't deal with handhelds.

GS: Is Sakaguchi precluded from working on other platforms? Is there any reason to prevent him from creating a PlayStation 3 game?

YM: There is certain agreement between us, so yes. He will be working only on Xbox 360, but he might do something for handhelds, which is beyond our agreement. Microsoft doesn't have a handheld console.

note: Microsoft has been less than clear about this issue in other interviews

Mizuguchi seems to be pleased with the way N3 is turning out. He talked about it in his blog here: http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=56019

:)

Paladin69

yuck...the knight looks crappy.
I'm reminded of 3d studio (pre max era)

Like Blizzard 1996 quality for 'Tides of Darkness'

02.jpg

after seeing that....

i feel that the game is nothing more than a Phantagram game being over seen by Q Entertainment.

i gotta say, my interest for the game just droped dramtically.

Mrbob

Johnny Nighttrain said:
after seeing that....

i feel that the game is nothing more than a Phantagram game being over seen by Q Entertainment.

i gotta say, my interest for the game just droped dramtically.

Well, it is a hack and slash game. What did you expect?

I'm also a little disappointed in this game too after seeing the summit trailer. Yeah, there are more enemies on the screen, but they all seem to be inept morons. My vision for next generation Dynasty Warriors isn't just placing more enemies on screen. I want to see smarter enemies too. The AI in the 99 Nights trailer seems 10 times worse than the AI in Dynasty Warriors 5 for Playstation 2. There may not be as many enemies shown in Dynasty Warriors 5 but they swarm around you and attack! The trailer just seems to show a bunch of useless character standing around picking their arses. Can't wait to see Dynasty Warriors 5 special edition for Xbox 360. 99 Nights interest has been lowered for me as well, for the reasons I listed above. Of course, the stupid AI could be to show the special effects in the trailer. But I want my AI to progress. Not regress.

i was expecting a very satisfying (as far as beat downs go), VERY immersive, ultra action packed dynasty warriors style beat em up, with some kick ass music and style.

pretty much, i was expecting a game from Q Entertainment.

instead, i get what apears to really be nothing more than a Phantagram game being overseen by Q Entertainment.

hey, the game is still early in development im sure, they have some time to iron everything out.

but in my eyes, it's not a Q Entertainment game.

Mrbob

Johnny Nighttrain said:
i was expecting a very satisfying (as far as beat downs go), VERY immersive, ultra action packed dynasty warriors style beat em up, with some kick ass music and style.

pretty much, i was expecting a game from Q Entertainment.

instead, i get what apears to really be nothing more than a Phantagram game being overseen by Q Entertainment.

hey, the game is still early in development im sure, they have some time to iron everything out.

but in my eyes, it's not a Q Entertainment game.

They've made two puzzle games so far. What exactly is a Q Entertainment game, then? Do you want falling blocks to come crashing down during the battle as you fight your way around. I guess I don't understand how to define a Q entertainment action game when all they have made are two puzzle games at the moment. Also, you're right, the game is a collaboration between Q Entertainment and Phantagram. Perhaps Trojan X can chime in this thread and tell us who is doing what.

I can't disagree with you about being disappointed in what was shown, though.

Q Entertainment to me, is UGA sans the Space Channel 5 guys (clearly they stayed with sega and went on to make Feel the Magic).

having said that, something of the same quality as Sega Rally, Rez, Lumines, and heck, i'll even give them full credit for Meteos just cause.

anyways, i look forward to their projects very much so being that im a gigantic fan. but this, really looks like something that they're just over seeing.

hey, i hope it's a great game and all, but in my eyes, it just doesn't look like a something Mizuguchi would make. more so now after seeing gameplay.

Mairu

Wow

Those enemies seem absolutely retarded. I enjoy DW5 immensely and although the enemies in there aren't terribly terrific, looking at that Summit trailer it seems kind of ridiculous. I do think itl ooks awesome to see all those enemies on screen at once, however I hope they aren't done with the AI or whatever, because they look like they're just swarming in a certain direction and then standing still. I'm sure I'll get it, because I like DW & I love Mizuguchi, but I hope it develops a little more on the enemy side before it releases.

jimbo

Banned
Johnny Nighttrain said:
it's definitely possible, although i'd be confused by their decision to be exclusive to the system. if MS is funding all these projects (which it seems like), and the people over at Q, Mist Walker, and (possibly) Games Republic are pretty much just acting as producers, then i see no reason what so ever why these companies wouldn't have the resources to develop other games on their own, for other systems.

i mean, it's not like they have the same amount of weight on their shoulders that the guys at Artoon, Phantagram, and Feel Plus have to deal with.

im just saying, if MS is funding the games, and Q, MW, and GR don't have to deal with the bulk of the development, it seems like MS did nothing more than buy their names, and style.

hope it works out for them.

Keep in mind both of these companies are newly funded and the outsource of development may very well be a necessity, not a choice, if they don't have enough people working for them. So producing, art style, and directing might just be all they can do at this moment in time.

rastex

Banned
You guys are ridiculous. It's a freaking trailer, what do you expect them to show? Crazy action of the main character blowing away hundreds of people, or the main character standing around getting hit? If you played KuF then you'd know the AI is pretty good and actually harms the player in significant ways. But you idiots can keep on hating because that's what you do.

Mrbob

Spare me. I pointed that out in my original post without sounding like a complete jackass. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I'm not going to jump up and down over what could be potential pitfalls. We'll see how the final version turns out.

Paladin69

After seeing the in-game trailer, I'm definitely getting a gamefly account for next-gen. I suspect we'll get tons of games with great graphics and crappy gameplay.

Elios83

The summit trailer has impressive graphics but I question the validity of the gameplay.....throwing a lot of stuff left&right doesn't sound really intriguing to me.

Top Bottom