• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Name a Hidden Gem currently on GamePass… I’m bored and need suggestions

Maddux4164

What’s a GamePass game you’ve played only because it was “free” and you loved after?

What’s a hidden gem you’ve played?

Hundreds of games on it and we’ve all hit the download button just because it sounded good right?

Maddux4164

Ace combat?
Last Ace Combat I played was the OG on PS1 lol

So it’s good yeah?
I liked Bards Tale 4 a lot mainly thanks to the incredible soundtrack, but also because I love that old school FPS dungeon crawler style. Might work for you I dunno.
I’ll give it a once over. Grew up on old FPS dungeon crawlers. It’s how Elder Scrolls began too (isn’t it?).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Death's Door (not exactly hidden), kind of a 2D Zelda with good combat. You play as a crow, neat art style, great music.

If you grew up playing Theme Hospital, Two Point Hospital is on there and their new game (Campus) is out in like 2 weeks.

Slay the Spire, again not exactly hidden but a really great card game roguelite, spoken as someone who usually doesn't touch card games.

Maddux4164

Wouldent exactly say its hidden and yout avatar is megaman so I kind of assume you have played it, but since you haven't really told us what you have played I'm going to chance it...

Hollow knight?
Weird since ya mentioned it. It’s downloaded. But never booted up. I’m insane for not attempting it?!! I know

Fair enough. I’ll 100% give it a proper run this weekend

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Weird since ya mentioned it. It’s downloaded. But never booted up. I’m insane for not attempting it?!! I know

Forget my suggestions, play Hollow Knight first.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Do it!, I was blown away after an hour and it clicked was like "why have I not played this until now?" And I never would have if not for gamepass.

Other than that and this is a good name for a hidden gem, unsighted

But yes give hollow knight a go, if your a fan of old school action platforms its a fantastic experience that excels in all areas.

Chukhopops

Gonna focus on indies otherwise there’s just too much to talk about.

Road 96: hard to describe, some kind of roguelite walking simulator with a story? Incredible soundtrack, simple but varied gameplay and interesting story.

Crown Trick: Half puzzle game, half roguelite. Kinda complex but explains its mechanics well. Feels rewarding once you master the element system.

Library of Ruina: Another hard to describe game, at its core it’s a deck building game like many others but there’s a lot more to it. Definitely worth a try since it’s a quick install.

Lonely Mountains Downhill and Art of Rally: I put them together as they share a lot from a gameplay design point of view. Those are minimalistic, relaxing games where the purpose is to learn tracks and execute them flawlessly.

Vampire Survivors: not really hidden anymore but this is addictive as hell, again if you have GP and any PC (should run pretty well) you should try it.

Bragr

Banned
header.jpg

Death's Door (not exactly hidden), kind of a 2D Zelda with good combat. You play as a crow, neat art style, great music.

If you grew up playing Theme Hospital, Two Point Hospital is on there and their new game (Campus) is out in like 2 weeks.

Slay the Spire, again not exactly hidden but a really great card game roguelite, spoken as someone who usually doesn't touch card games.
I was going to say Deaths Door - good choice.

I also quite enjoyed Backbone - fairly brief detective game, or Skul (if you enjoy being infuriated in a Dead Cells kind of way...not exactly hidden either though)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hades is a game I recently tried and it blew my socks off.

It's really fun, addictive and I love the god mode in it. I started the hardcore runs but I suck and find some runs unfair so I i wanted the damage reduction buff lol.

Still hard af for me tho.

Bragr

Banned
Hunter: call of the wild

Relaxing, addictive and gorgeous game. Requires patience to master but well worth the effort.
God that game, the A.I. on the animals destroy the game for me, half of the time they come back to the same spot or barely run away at all. It makes it too cheap. But it is relaxing, there is a vibe to it, I played it quite a bit until I started to notice the A.I. too much.

You know they are coming out with Call of the Wild: The Angler soon, same concept, only this time you are a fisher rather than a hunter.

oldergamer

What’s a GamePass game you’ve played only because it was “free” and you loved after?

What’s a hidden gem you’ve played?

Hundreds of games on it and we’ve all hit the download button just because it sounded good right?
Try lovers in space time. One of the best multiplayer games i found by accident

marjo

Some lesser talked about games I've enjoyed:

-Monster Train
-Gears Tactics
-Shipbreaker
-World War Z
-What remains of Edith Finch
-Crusader Kings III
-Human Fall Flat
-Telling Lies
-Star Wars Squadrons

Seraphym

God that game, the A.I. on the animals destroy the game for me, half of the time they come back to the same spot or barely run away at all. It makes it too cheap. But it is relaxing, there is a vibe to it, I played it quite a bit until I started to notice the A.I. too much.

You know they are coming out with Call of the Wild: The Angler soon, same concept, only this time you are a fisher rather than a hunter.
Man I must just suck at it then, couldn't get much of anything, but is a very chill game

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Kill it with Fire. It's first person hide and seek spider killing game. Super casual and my kids and I had a blast with it while going around trashing the house and flipping over furniture looking for all the spiders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom