• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need a program to encode this movie for DVD playback....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattx5

Ok, I just finished compiling a movie of my trip to Whistler earlier this year in Windows Movie Maker. However, it saves it in WMV format, and to burn it to a CD so I can watch it on a DVD player, it has to be in MPEG.

Where could I find a free program to do this for me?

Chrono

Banned
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main2.html

I tried it but it never worked for me.. however I did hear a lot of praise for it so I guess I must be doing something wrong. I tried to convert a fansub file to mpeg and got a LOWER res. file that did not even play on my DVD player-- which plays VideoCD btw.

It's not free-- but you get a 30 free day trial.

lordmrw

I second that TMPGenc recommendation. I've been using it for the past year and a half, and it works great in combination with VCD Easy. If there's anyone else that uses it, what video size do you encode a file in so that you can see the subtitles? I've tried with a few Naruto episodes, but I still can't see them.

Chrono

Banned
lordmrw said:
I second that TMPGenc recommendation. I've been using it for the past year and a half, and it works great in combination with VCD Easy. If there's anyone else that uses it, what video size do you encode a file in so that you can see the subtitles? I've tried with a few Naruto episodes, but I still can't see them.

How did you convert the Naruto subs to Video CDs? I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. I do get the new mpeg file-- with a bigger file size and LOWER quality-- yet it can't be played on my DVD player...

lordmrw

Once you have the mpeg files, I use VCDeasy to make a bin/cue file. The image is already encoded as video cd once its done, so all you have to do is burn it after that.

Ecrofirt

hmm, that's what I have.

Now that I looked at it, I think I have to re-install it. Bah. I usually use it for the MPEG tools, and it's giving me random errors for anything but that. Shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom