• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
R Reizo Ryuu
I know that there is still work going on with the database so it may well be a matter of waiting for that to finish, particularly as you're already able to edit newer posts.

Kadayi

Banned
Seems pretty smooth so far. I have noticed some text errors in pre-migration posts to do with the conversion of bold and italics, but nothing gam e breaking.

I_D

I don't know if this is a glitch or done deliberately, but when I click on "Your content" to see my posts, I'm missing everything since November of 2012.
On the plus side, turns out I've been posting since 2011.

Another "issue" is that many people's names are oddly word-wrapped. I think just shrinking the font size or increasing the left margin should fix it, but it currently looks pretty weird.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I_D I_D
It's still very much in progress at the moment, I'd ask you to just be a little patient while everything catches up with itself on here. ;)

iu

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Small nitpick, but the colours to highlight a post of yours or when someone quotes you are very muted and hard to spot when you are scrolling through a thread. Brighter shades that stand out more (like the old design) would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am using mobile NeoGAF 2018 - Dark theme btw.

Last edited:

Dienekes

Moderator battling in the shade.
Small nitpick, but the colours to highlight a post of yours or when someone quotes you are very muted and hard to spot when you are scrolling through a thread. Brighter shades that stand out more (like the old design) would be appreciated.
Thanks for this feedback. Good stuff. The design is definitely still a work in progress and is rolling out more and more as we go.

Bigfroth

The avatar editor suggests a 400x400 minimal size, but when uploading a file with that exact resolution it is cropped.
Also there must be some weird caching, since I've uploaded different versions of my avatar, and it doesn't display the latest one.
I'm having avatar issues also.

Blam

As it stands we have people spamming the like button, but I was also wondering if we could drop the post times?

Keihart

I like the like button, discourages replies just to agree and encourages positive interaction from users that don't post that often.

(mat)

Oh. Yuck. As far as the new look goes, I hate the layout. I was checking here more frequently than era, because the mobile version was so great. Now they feel very similar on mobile. Blah.

Tired-Of-Winning

Neo Member
Avatar uploading is definitely messed up. If youre trying to upload an avatar a second time, it will always show the first avatar you uploaded

caffeware

Banned
Bug: I'm on android, chrome.

The window that pops with the "select file" button for the avatar image, appeared behind the regular window, making it hard to be selected.

ThisGuy

It's on the to-do list. Legacy mobile-gaf had a lot of custom features and we'll aim for feature parity with it on the new platform wherever it's feasible.

Good deal, turning off avatars is one of my favorite features, along with dark theme.

Manus

I could be missing it, but I don't see a way to go to gaming or to off topic from the bottom of the page. It just has a link to discussions or back to off topic or gaming.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member
I just made an update to the back-end that should allow older links and bookmarks (using the old format) to automatically redirect to the corresponding page on the new site. This will be for old vBulletin links with showthread.php and showpost.php in the URL.

Let me know if you run across something that isn't working quite right.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
As it stands we have people spamming the like button, but I was also wondering if we could drop the post times?
Any particular reason why you don’t want post times? And what constitutes spamming the like button?

Manus

Is it also possible to move the report button next to the like quote and reply? Looks really out of place being right below the actual post.

A worthy update. I really want my dark theme back, though. My eyes kind of hurt because the white is kind of painful to take in through my retina. I have light sensitivity issues.

Jigolo

First off I just want to say great job on the redesign. I really like it. Here is one bug I found when there is too much content on the menu bar:

Remove the word NeoGAF and just keep the logo

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
A worthy update. I really want my dark theme back, though. My eyes kind of hurt because the white is kind of painful to take in through my retina. I have light sensitivity issues.

The themes are still in progress but if you go into your Preferences section of your Profile, you can choose between the current white or black themes. Or you can change the theme at the bottom left of the forum as I've marked in this screen shot.

I hope that helps in some way?
Screen_Shot_2018-01-08_at_03.21.35.png

I'm liking the new layout.

Need (a button feature) on the bottom of the page to jump back to the top page instantly.

Need (Gaming - Off topics) tabs buttons

Need (a refresh button) on the bottom of the page or swipe down from top.

PtM

Banned
My ignore list is gone.
Need (a button feature) on the bottom of the page to jump back to the top page instantly.

Need (Gaming - Off topics) tabs buttons

Need (a refresh button) on the bottom of the page or swipe down from top.
There be hovering buttons for scrolling.
Forum links are in the menu.
There's an Ajax notification of new posts in the thread.

Last edited:
I appreciate it. I'm still getting used to the site and had to rub my eyes, go away for a bit. Thank you for showing me where the preference was before finding it on my own. I feel a little embarrassed.

The themes are still in progress but if you go into your Preferences section of your Profile, you can choose between the current white or black themes. Or you can change the theme at the bottom left of the forum as I've marked in this screen shot.

I hope that helps in some way?
Screen_Shot_2018-01-08_at_03.21.35.png

Top Bottom