• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Krelian29

Mass Effect 3 CE Guide

mofXp.jpg

nice i just bougt it on amazon , is there bonus content for the CE edition?

Chittagong

Gold Member
This thread needs more speakers :)

wEPAN.jpg

Five of these guys (Genelec 8040A's). Now i just need to figure out which type of pre-processor I want that takes XLR. Open to suggestions of anyone has them.

Amazing. Congrats. Best speakers ever. Going with 8040s across the setup is impressive, I have 3x8040 and 4x8020. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the sound.

I am using a Sony 5300es amp with RCA preouts to a XLR converter and cable, as far as I understand that's the most typical setup.

AlfaTrion

yes, wired only. I guess there's little lag that I only notice in XMB but not while playing. I have played NHL12 and God of War 3 with it. I have only normal xbox 360 controller so can't say how it works with different kinds of controllers but I guess any 360 controller should work.

Thanks for the info :) You know, for 16 bucks, I might as well get one. I am not a fan of PS3 controllers at all.

Pick below are pickups in the past 8 months or so... been busy and have been adding lots of games to my never ending backog :(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68273429@N03/6822764018/

lol I got those 2 DS games the other day too :D I'll be posting my pics later.

Riptwo

What is that ME3 Collection on the right?

It's a steelbook case that houses the discs for the entire Mass Effect trilogy. I know that Future Shop in Canada were giving them away with purchases, but I'm not sure if other retailers had them as well.

Bii

6824029204_83f83331ea_b.jpg

LensPEN. Lens Cleaning System. $2.50
After using cloth materials to clean my lenses/camera LCD panel, I figure I'll give this pen a shot. So far, so good. I like that I can just throw it in my bag and not have to worry about putting it in a case/plastic bag.

6824029518_c20687ea28_b.jpg

Lumines: Electronic Symphony. PS Vita. $32
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. PS Vita. $32
Went to Toys R Us and bought both of these games for their buy one, get one 50% off promotion. I was hoping for Dynasty Warriors Next and Tekken 3D (for 3DS) to be available but my local TRU didn't have either. Ninja Gaiden hasn't been played yet but I'm enjoying Lumines. The last time I played a Lumines game was the first one that was launched with the original PSP. It didn't take me long to familiarize myself with the mechanics of the game and I'm doing decent, score-wise.

6824029076_fcc3cd0244_b.jpg

Hey! Listen! Tee. shirt.woot. $15
There was a GAFer here that posted this shirt in this thread and I just had to have it. :D

6970150653_99c656319b_b.jpg

Hyrule Historia. $70
I wasn't willing to spend upwards of $85+ to get this thing shipped to me. So I waited patiently and scoped out numerous eBay auctions to finally get this at a price point that wasn't so ludicrous. The seller even wrote me a thank you card in English and Japanese. ^_^

6824237206_404f8d7bb1_b.jpg

Picked up a Super Famicom and Hagane. I was a Sega kid, so might as well ease myself in with the most Megadrivest SFC game I could think of. :p

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy has arrived from Nippon via Hong Kong (it shipped on Feb. 29th and got here today March 10th...quickest time ever for Airmail shipping :D)

I apologize in advance for the terribad pics:

423192_10150578262896646_685251645_9484329_981412703_n.jpg

419422_10150578263026646_685251645_9484330_1639848479_n.jpg

418008_10150578263326646_994784421_n.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Whoa! That is awesome!

How'd you get into Club 33? My wife and I would love to go one day!

It was a supposed one time only D23 special event limited to just under 70 people. Here is a link to a recap of the event.

That is awesome, I had never heard about this until I reconnected with a childhood friend who has membership. I want to say it took them 8 or 10 years ? I could be wrong on that but I know they pay 10K a year for the membership. I'd like to go one of these days but unfortunately I was kind of a dick to her growing up. :(

The dues have actually gone up and up, and are closer to 20k now. I'd have never in a million years have had a chance to attend this if it weren't for the aforementioned event, so I'm glad I took the plunge and spent the $250. I'd almost say the photograph itself is worth the $250 as it's never been released to the public before.

Chittagong

Gold Member

Picked up a Super Famicom and Hagane. I was a Sega kid, so might as well ease myself in with the most Megadrivest SFC game I could think of. :p

Incredible pickup. Love Super Famicom, and Hagane is one of the real gems of the late part of the SHVC generation

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry for the shitty pics ._.

First copy of FFXIII-2 (360 Crystal Edition)
27tDJ.png

Second copy of FFXIII-2 (PS3 Regular Edition)
xDYqv.png

Third copy of FFXIII-2 (PS3 Crystal Edition, unopened! Will open up and look at the beauty when I give it away as a present!)
DyD74.png

3/9/2012: Operation Spoil Wife 2012 took place. I apologize in advance for low quality phone pics.

10:00 am est: products to clean and detail her car.
2012-03-10_15-07-41_488.jpg

1:00 pm est: the spoils of her afternoon shopping trip. J-lo shades (2 pair), Bath & Body works fragrance spray, Adidas-Americana. $500.00 visa gift card not pictured
2012-03-10_13-51-00_157.jpg

10:00 pm est: After a lovely dinner at Nantucket Grill. I Sprung this on her.
2012-03-08_18-44-29_840.jpg

While she slept I was able to pull these out the trunk. :p
2012-03-10_17-25-11_277.jpg

Deefuzz

It was a supposed one time only D23 special event limited to just under 70 people. Here is a link to a recap of the event.

The dues have actually gone up and up, and are closer to 20k now. I'd have never in a million years have had a chance to attend this if it weren't for the aforementioned event, so I'm glad I took the plunge and spent the $250. I'd almost say the photograph itself is worth the $250 as it's never been released to the public before.

Wow. I am heartbroken. We are D23 members too! :(

Congrats on being able to take part in a once in a lifetime event like that. Simply amazing!

Lazlo

Amazing. Congrats. Best speakers ever. Going with 8040s across the setup is impressive, I have 3x8040 and 4x8020. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the sound.

I am using a Sony 5300es amp with RCA preouts to a XLR converter and cable, as far as I understand that's the most typical setup.

Yea they're pretty amazing... I only have 2 running now hooked via RCA to my TV's only outs so I can really only enjoy listening to music through them... I'm looking forward to watching movies with all of them going!

As for a pre-pro, I know I can go XLR -> RCA but there are ones out there with balanced XLR connections like the Bryston SP1 (no HDMI though) or Cary Cinema 11A (only 2 HDMI). Emotiva also has the XMC-1 coming out soon but I've heard their previous pre-pros have had software issues so I'm a bit wary.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
This weekends pick ups two nice Promos for PS3 Tekken Hybrid & Soul Calibur 5 & Mass Effect 3 N7 & Mario Party 9 & couple of others I have wanted.

purg3

slept with Malkin
GoT Blu-Ray and ME3

9lBNa.jpg

New man bag...Needed something for my MBA, fits perfectly and isn't too bulky and has enough room for some extra accessories.

avkYQ.jpg

Some Saturday night pick-ups:

487c032e.jpg

Bought the Club Lion Force sub from mattycollector last year so this is the first lion & pilot of the release.

df2068d4.jpg

Pre-ordered the PS3 version at GS

70d27706.jpg

Dessert

Inside

The joys of living in Norway. I think we're the only country that still has it? Hop on a plane and stock up on the good stuff!

Norway? really? I live in Denmark, so I could just take the ferry :D We are many many people here who wish Urge would come back again!

Tomodachi

Awesome pickup AND shot. Would it be possible to get it at a higher resolution? I wouldn't mind using it as my wallpaper for a while :)

purg3

slept with Malkin
I got a bunch of PM's about the messenger bag I posted, it's from Banana Republic. It was on sale last week, looks like it's back to the normal price. Comes in different colors too.

If using this for a laptop, I would recommend some type of protective or padded sleeve since there really isn't any padding on the inside. I use a padded sleeve from inCase for extra protection.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=59887&vid=1&pid=770595&scid=770595032

cj_iwakura

zWqW8.jpg

I went on a bit of a bender

So what did PDS run you?

And Corpse Killer is hilarious. In a good way. Enjoy.

IMG_6507.jpg

I'm with Stark, naturally.

Got Shadows for $20 and the Sherlock book for $1 at a flea market. $34.99 for GoT1 at Best Buy.
(The rest were regular, but I got the FFXII-2 CE as a gift.)

Top Bottom