• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
BhToYl.jpg

5jUF6l.jpg

dosh

Oh, man, now I feel guilty. I've been procrastinating on picking his book up. On a scale of incredible to inc-rad-ible, how great is it?

I'd give it a "totally rad" rating of awesomeness. It's filled with beautiful, litterally vibrant watercolor works. If you like what Scott Campbell has been doing at Double Fine so far, I'd really recommend the book.
Parka did a nice review, with lots of pics and his usual video where he turns the pages (it's a bit spoilerish of course). Here.

I am really interesting in getting one of these. What size is it? Impressions?

It's the M version: 38x25 cm (~15"x9.8") and the surface itself is 27.5x19 cm (~10.8"x7.5"), so it's pretty big.
I don't know if you've been using an Intuos 4, but it's the exact same in terms of precision and overall quality. The new rubber framing is nice, with a really soft feel.
So far, the touch part of the tablet is also great: it's quite responsive, the multi-touch seems to work pretty well, and it basically operates as a huge 16:9 trackpad.
I'm not 100% positive I'm going to use the multi-touch a lot in Photoshop though (I bought this model because it was released at the exact same time my previous Intuos died, and I need a tablet to work). But I'm willing to try, it could be awesome.

531916624.jpg

531919434.jpg

The game is so awesome. It's a must buy for all One Piece fans

That is good to hear. So you like it a lot? I was worried because the game has really bad reviews on amazon.jp, but I guess that doesn't mean much. Dragon Quest XI had 3 stars on amazon.jp, and I loved that game.

SnowHawk

That is good to hear. So you like it a lot? I was worried because the game has really bad reviews on amazon.jp, but I guess that doesn't mean much. Dragon Quest XI had 3 stars on amazon.jp, and I loved that game.

If you like Dynasty Warriors you will love it. If you like One Piece you will love. you can't go wrong with it. The menus are easy to navigate so you won't have trouble if you import it.

lantus

Sold my 360, stopped myself on getting a Vita and buy some PS3 games for this:

6813199866_cc3e1646b6_o.jpg

totally worth it. :)

Very jealous, have wanted to get this camera for a while. How do you like the controls? Are they as intuitive as people have been saying?

Quake1028

Great taste! I have to wait for Amazon to process a trade in before I order To Catch a Thief. I hope the transfer is as stunning as North by Northwest's transfer.

Thanks! We need as much Hitchcock on Blu as we can get. I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I've heard terrific things about the transfer.

Radec

Very jealous, have wanted to get this camera for a while. How do you like the controls? Are they as intuitive as people have been saying?

The Tri-Navi is pretty neat, when mode is set to Aperture Priority, you can easily change the shutter speed, exposure comp., and ISO using those 3 wheels. There's also a button near the shutter button where you can set different options for quick access to different features.

The thing that I'm not fond of is the delay of the EVF when you look into it. It's like a .5 sec delay before the EVF powers up when it switches from LCD-to-EVF.

jtkauff

Pretty good day for pickups for me:

First hit up the LEGO store with my son for the monthly mini build event (free Lego set, bottom right corner) and walked out with the Medieval Market Village at 20% off thanks to a hole in the front (above the age range). This is the same store that randomly had one copy of the Mill Village Raid set last week, and had it also at 20% off (probably due to being discontinued). Already built the MVR set, and my son loves it. Very much looking forward to doing MMV soon as well.

Then hit up Best Buy for the Batman: Arkham City $9.99 deal, then picked up my Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition pre-order and found a used-but-mint LEGO Harry Potter Year 1-4 Collector's Edition while I was there.

And to top off all of this my 2.5 year old son was very patient and quiet during the whole trip, which took much longer than I expected. He's enjoying some Spider-man and His Amazing Friends as a reward now.

Yes Boss!

Must resist.

Is there an English option?

No straight english but most of the menus are in english. Like a few seconds to learn the menus and be able to navigate.

Just stoked to be playing a shooter on the PS3...region-free, you gotta represent! Got the 360 version waiting for me back in the states, though.

RivalCore

And not really game related, but I received this today:
feb01.jpg

New levels of awesome officially reached.

How is the multi touch? Worth an upgrade from an Intuos 4?

A friend is selling his Intuos 4 M (I'm on a 3) for 180 which sounds like a steal but I'm on the fence because the 5 has a soft touch finish which I love.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Wipeout Pulse came out for PS2!!!???!! *Mindblown*

Absolutely, it came as a surprise to me as well. It plays brilliantly with a Dual Shock and has all of the DLC from the PSP version included. I just wish that Pure was available for the PS2 as well

dosh

How is the multi touch? Worth an upgrade from an Intuos 4?

A friend is selling his Intuos 4 M (I'm on a 3) for 180 which sounds like a steal but I'm on the fence because the 5 has a soft touch finish which I love.

Well, at this price, if the tablet is in good condition, it's indeed a steal.
As for the 5, the soft touch framing is indeed super nice, and they also changed the texture of the drawing surface: it's a bit grainy and feels more like paper.
The multi touch works really well, and I can really see myself using it on a daily basis (with limitations though - see at the end of the post).
Other than that, it feels just like a 4. Whatever model you choose, you'll be amazed by how much more precision the 2048 pressure points can give you compared to your current 3.

My only complaint so far would be how limited I feel when using the customize gestures tab: you can only customize five of them, and the motions are preset: tapping with 3 fingers, sliding up and down with four, etc. I was hoping to almost get rid of my keyboard and use tons of gestures in Photoshop. It's just not possible.

MrMario315

Neo Member
Circle pad pro, SSX, F-Zero GX (rebuy)
FF: The 4 Heroes of light
kI76Il.jpg

and (from hearing in SSX) Foster the people: Torches

SyXMCl.png

Great start to March and still amazed at how good F-zero GX looks!!

Top Bottom