• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Team Tournament #1!

Jiggy

Crimmy: Canadian said late last night really early this morning that he might not be able to make today after all, but that it wasn't 100%. We'll see how it goes, I guess.

Awesome! Thanks. Maybe I can actually battle Yup! Boom tthis time. Sent a PM trunedo's way. My service is available should the need arise.

truendo

Spirit Icana said:
Awesome! Thanks. Maybe I can actually battle Yup! Boom tthis time. Sent a PM trunedo's way. My service is available should the need arise.
Alright, you've got the job. Relix, edit the OP please.

I sent a PM back to you as well, Icana.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ROUND 5 DEADLINE JUNE 11TH 2008
finaldestination-thumb.gif

Final Destination

FRIENDLY FIRE IS OFF

Yup Boom vs. World Ends With You
Rocafella MPire vs. PK Sorry

GET ON IT!!

Sorry nab, I forgot =P

truendo

Sorry, I just got my new partner. I'm ready anytime from now till I go to sleep tonight. Cyan, Icana can't go on the IRC due to computer issues, so post in the thread AND go to the IRC. I said "and" because I'll be in the IRC and that we'll be able to contact each other.
Post whenever you are ready (both, Icana and Cyan)/

truendo said:
Sorry, I just got my new partner. I'm ready anytime from now till I go to sleep tonight. Cyan, Icana can't go on the IRC due to computer issues, so post in the thread AND go to the IRC. I said "and" because I'll be in the IRC and that we'll be able to contact each other.
Post whenever you are ready (both, Icana and Cyan)/

I'm ready all night long. :)

truendo

Thanks, Icana, those were great games! I figured you were way better than me!
I'm suprised I actually managed to beat you once! You're really good!

Cyan, we are ready when you are!

truendo said:
Thanks, Icana, those were great games! I figured you were way better than me!
I'm suprised I actually managed to beat you once! You're really good!

Cyan, we are ready when you are!

Did you have input lag too? Just curious. If so, good job handeling Zelda. I'm sure it threw you off several times. I had trouble with Link's arrow canceling technique.

Now for Cyan...

truendo

Wait... we get a bye? Wow! We made it this far and my team has not played one match!!! lol I bet we'll win the tournament from byes! lol

ruffles said:
Hey Icana, is there input lag on your side when we play?

Not on my side, no. We play just fine for the most part. Everytime you won, you deserved it; however, it's not like any lag will lessen that. :)

Looks like the world ends with you, truendo. :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
truendo said:
Well, I guess Cyan isn't responding. We win. lol (mark that down, Relix, please).

Have you guys won all matches by default? :lol It's been marked down.

Round 4 Winners Bracket:
Rockafella MPire vs. Team PK Sporry

Round 5:
World Ends With You vs. Team Droidex
Swords of Liberty vs. Team MJ

Now, since the winners bracket is so advanced I'll give them time to finish the fight (oh!) until Round 5 is done, BUT, they will fight with Round 4 rules. Get it?

Anyway, Team World Ends With You, can you guys fight tonight? Are you available Droid?

truendo

Spirit Icana said:
Tonight sounds fine to me. Depends on Truendo and Droid now.
I should be able to fight. There's a small chance that I won't be able to, though.
Chances are I will be able to tonight. (this will be the first fight of the tournament for this team!) lol I hope we actually get to fight!

Um, my Wii can't run the irc. What's your stage if you lose? Ours is Shadow Moses if we lose.

Just waiting for truendo now.

EDIT: Oh, and we chose green! :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit Icana said:
Um, my Wii can't run the irc. What's your stage if you lose? Ours is Shadow Moses if we lose.

Just waiting for truendo now.

Yeah, Droid and me are logging. Where is truendo!

You have a room open? I dont know if I added you lol

EDIT: I MADE A ROOM. Tell me if you guys can see the game open

HUH GUYS?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit Icana said:
I don't know where Truendo is right now. He could be working, bathing, sleeping, whatever. Gonna have to wait a while. =p

Alright, we practicing over here

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Team Droidex vs. Team World Ends With You
Team Droidex vs. Team World Ends With You (Shadow Moses)

Relix: Luigi Luigi
Droid: DK, DK
Icana: ike, Ike
Truendo: Wolf, Zelda

truendo

Relix said:
Team Droidex vs. Team World Ends With You
Team Droidex vs. Team World Ends With You (Shadow Moses)

Relix: Luigi Luigi
Droid: DK, DK
Icana: ike, Ike
Truendo: Fox, Zelda
Erm... I was Wolf.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I just wanna add Icana is an epic player and we had an epic set of 1v1 matches afterwards. You my friend just inspired me to keep playing Brawl :D :lol

Relix said:
I just wanna add Icana is an epic player and we had an epic set of 1v1 matches afterwards. You my friend just inspired me to keep playing Brawl :D :lol

That first team match was ours! =p

Ha, congrats. I expected a tough battle and you granted one. :)

Jiggy

The Rocafella MPire (Diddy Kong, Snake) over PK Sorry! (Lucas, Pit) on Smashville
PK Sorry! (R.O.B., Toon Link) over The Rocafella MPire (Diddy Kong, Snake) on Hanenbow
The Rocafella MPire (Diddy Kong, Snake) over PK Sorry! (R.O.B., Zelda) on Final Destination

That team is the fear. D:

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Congratulations to The Rocafella MPIRE, who defeated us very soundly.

Now we live in fear of being matched up with Swords of Liberty. >_>

Crimmy

thanks Canadian.

might as well let the cat out the bag since its obvious lol: My partner played Hanenbow for the first time today; he doesnt even have it unlocked. Therefore whoever faces us, the obvious counterpick would be Hananebow lmao

Jiggy

In fairness, Pit and Toon Link are both C-listers for me.
In double fairness, Zelda's an A-lister for me and she got trashed by you guys way harder than either of the above two, so I've got no excuse. :lol And Crimmy also has the strangest Snake ever witnessed, so it wouldn't have mattered who I used against him. They'd all fall prey to his newfangled tactics. :O

Jiggy

I don't really think so. :p Bananas in friendly fire off can be so devastating that even I was tearing stuff up with Diddy Kong against Milabrega and JCX, and I don't use Diddy that often.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Latest Bracket as of June 9
http://i32.tinypic.com/3507a13.gif

ROUND 6: DEADLINE JUNE 13TH 2008
castlesiege-thumb.gif

FRIENDLY FIRE ON

ROUND 7: DEADLINE JUNE 15TH 2008
battlefield-thumb.gif

FRIENDLY FIRE OFF

FINAL ROUND: DEADLINE JUNE 17TH 2008
smashville-thumb.gif

FRIENDLY FIRE ON

There we go! Now that all that is settled we can finish this, and if we can do it earlier even better.

yeb

Before I forget:

Swords of Liberty (Marth, Meta Knight) over Team MJ (G&W, Olimar) on Final Destination
Swords of Liberty (Marth, Meta Knight) over Team MJ (G&W, Olimar) on Shadow Moses

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
yeb said:
Before I forget:

Swords of Liberty (Marth, Meta Knight) over Team MJ (G&W, Olimar) on Final Destination
Swords of Liberty (Marth, Meta Knight) over Team MJ (G&W, Olimar) on Shadow Moses

Yeah, gotta thank you guys for driving me crazy thinking it hadn't been done yet :lol Don't worry though, I updated my bracket, all that remains is for you guys to face Droid and me. Let's see if we can manage to do that :D

Top Bottom