• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon Genesis Evangelion |OT| You Must (Not) Run Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
"Metal Gear Solid" Artist Yoji Shinkawa Designs An "Evangelion" x "Godzilla" Crossbreed

Co0khrmUkAAYOi9.jpg:large
(Un)intentionally looks like something from ZOE, too.

hughesta

Banned
hello evagaf I watched this whole series and End of Eva last week and it was amazing and I loved every second of it.

Haven't touched the Rebuilds yet, gonna wait for news on 4.0 before doing so

robotrock

Banned
hello evagaf I watched this whole series and End of Eva last week and it was amazing and I loved every second of it.

I'm with you. It's been about 14 months since I watched the series+End of Eva, and I refuse to to touch the Rebuilds until we know what's going on with 4.0.

Although I could easily see myself breaking down and watching them right before I see the new Godzilla movie.

munchie64

Always great to see new blood.

Maybe we'll get some news on 4.0 next year now that Anno's done with Godzilla (lol)

Jackpot

Banned
I'm with you. It's been about 14 months since I watched the series+End of Eva, and I refuse to to touch the Rebuilds until we know what's going on with 4.0.

Although I could easily see myself breaking down and watching them right before I see the new Godzilla movie.

2.22 is my favourite anime film ever, tied with Steamboy and just edging out Akira. You're really missing out by not watching it. Music alone is worth it. And due to 3.0 I'm pretty sure 4 is going to be a shitshow.

2.22 is my favourite anime film ever, tied with Steamboy and just edging out Akira. You're really missing out by not watching it. Music alone is worth it. And due to 3.0 I'm pretty sure 4 is going to be a shitshow.

I agree. I've rewatched the movies so many times, by the time 4.0 comes out, I would have forgotten and would rewatch them again. 2.0 is the best and works so well even as a standalone movie. Great pacing with multiple plots and subplots, the opposite of 3.0 which I still enjoyed.

It's been 9 years since 1.0 released in theaters. Knowing what I know, rewatching them multiple times is way better than watching them in succession.

robotrock

Banned

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I really enjoyed the first series, so I kinda wanted to take a break from it before I watched the remake.

CassSept

I remember when 3 and 4 were going to release the same year.

Summer 2008 was the original plan, right?

Also almost 4 since 3.0

This shit should've been over last year

The delays for Eva 1.0 was annoying. Then having to wait over 1.5 years for 2.0 was ridiculous when they were supposed to be released in quick succession. Then 3.0 took over three years to release, which was just insane. Now it's been 4 years since 3.0 and we haven't seen a single frame of 4.0. Hilarious.

NeOak

We're gonna get a version of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and The Last Guardian before we get 4.0.

FeelsBadMan.jpg

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
We're gonna get a version of Final Fantasy Versus XIII and The Last Guardian before we get 4.0.

FeelsBadMan.jpg
Maybe, 2.0 trailer for 3.0 was what we thought Versus XIII would be, but 3.0 is probably going to be what XV is going to be.

Tom_Cody

I need help clearing something up. I'm attempting to buy the first rebuild film on Blu-Ray in the US. A few questions:

-I am looking for 1.11, correct?

-I searched on amazon, but I didn't get a clear answer as to the version I should buy. And the first result is European. Is the proper release sold out or something?

-I tried checking funimation's official store, and they have a copy in stock. The cover are appears to be 1.11, but the details say"Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.01".
http://shop.funimation.com/You-Are-Not-Alone-_2

If anyone could point me to the proper release I would greatly appreciate it.

I need help clearing something up. I'm attempting to buy the first rebuild film on Blu-Ray in the US. A few questions:

-I searched on amazon, but I didn't get a clear answer as to the version I should buy. And the first result is European. Is the proper release sold out or something?

-I tried checking funimation's official store, and they have a copy in stock. The cover are appears to be 1.11, but the details say"Rebuild of Evangelion: 1.01".

Just checked the product page of the one I ordered from Amazon, and it does appear they sold out. The one you linked from Funimation is the one you want, though.

munchie64

-Yes.

-I'm not American, but it does appear to be sold out on Amazon which is a bit weird.

-That is it. You're reading the Special Features list. I believe it comes with an older version of the film as a bonus, but that is 1.11.

Tom_Cody

Just checked the product page of the one I ordered from Amazon, and it does appear they sold out. The one you linked from Funimation is the one you want, though.

-Yes.

-I'm not American, but it does appear to be sold out on Amazon which is a bit weird.

-That is it. You're reading the Special Features list. I believe it comes with an older version of the film as a bonus, but that is 1.11.
Cool, thanks guys.

DarkKyo

Every time I see this bumped I think 4.0 is announced...and it's not

???
It's the NGE official thread... it can encompass anything NGE-related. There's lots of NGE-related stuff out there to talk about that isn't related to an unannounced movie...

Once it's announced you'll see a new topic made just to talk about 4.0, I can guarantee you that.

???
It's the NGE official thread... it can encompass anything NGE-related. There's lots of NGE-related stuff out there to talk about that isn't related to an unannounced movie...

Once it's announced you'll see a new topic made just to talk about 4.0, I can guarantee you that.

I keep mistaken the "You Must (Not) Run Away" part for an actual Rebuild title at first glance. I pretty much completely miss the OT part

Battlechili

Banned

How about this?
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Evangelion-Neon-Genesis-1-11-You-Are-Not-Alone-Blu-ray-Hyb

Is the last one released yet? I keep confusing the releases so I get lost checking online. But I remember the last one was way off the last time I checked and when I watched the last ones released, it turned out I've seen them ages ago (the new ones were mere remasters).

I can't keep up waiting for the last one (or for new issues of Berserk) so I 'forget about them; for a while then check in when I come across them by accident. Can you really blame me? >_>'

CassSept

Is the last one released yet? I keep confusing the releases so I get lost checking online. But I remember the last one was way off the last time I checked and when I watched the last ones released, it turned out I've seen them ages ago (the new ones were mere remasters).

I can't keep up waiting for the last one (or for new issues of Berserk) so I 'forget about them; for a while then check in when I come across them by accident. Can you really blame me? >_>'

We know literally nothing about this movie. Not a single thing. It may come out some time, it may never come out. It's beyond Winds of Winter status because in this case at least we've gotten some preview chapters, it's more like Half Life 3, where the last part ended on the cliffhanger, some work on the next part was made but was probably scrapped by now and it may or may not be in active production.

In other words, we know squat

4.0 is never going to come out, come on guys, we haven't even seen a single frame from it, it doesn't exist. It's not going to exist. It's a dead property and Anno has all but moved on from EVA as a creative at this point.

I legitimately hope that he pretends 3.0 was a fever dream Shinji had while stuck in the Eva after the impact and that 3.0+4.0 is the real 3.0 and part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom