• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Someone get Linkin Park on the phone, we need a new album for the millions of YouTube videos that are on their way

Mendrox

What is happening? Digimon is back, Sailor Moon is back, new Dragon Ball anime.

I love this. I don't even care how shitty it will be, but it will be something NEW! NEW GUYS! Dragon Ball hype is back. And it is so sudden D: I think they realized the worldwide movie hype and just said "Yes let us fuck up another series" and now here we are.

Nevertheless I will watch it for sure.

munchie64

Someone get Linkin Park on the phone, we need a new album for the millions of YouTube videos that are on their way
0.jpg

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

Erigu

Yep, because Toriyama didn't want to work on character designs or script new scenarios.
Er... Do you have a source for that one?

In the last three years, toriyama has helped conceptualize the plot and design the characters for two feature-length films. He's outlined the plot for this series and will probably provide lots of designs as well.
It's probably more work than Miura has done for his currently-running series.
You don't think Miura has done any work on the recent movies? Have you seen how involved he got, for the two video games?

andymcc

Banned
Er... Do you have a source for that one?

Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki commented on the new series as well, saying, “As I read the plot [of the series] I've already received from Akira Toriyama, my dreams for this begin to expand. An enemy even stronger than Buu or Freeza may appear...”

You don't think Miura has done any work on the recent movies? Have you seen how involved he got, for the two video games?

When did the two video games release again? Lmao

Alright I got the perfect Dragon Ball Super coming up.

-Goku, Vegeta, Bulma (she back baby), Trunks, Piccolo, and Goten go off to another dimension and enter a team tournament
-comedy is similar to how original Dragon Ball was
-who gives a shit, the first two points are enough

munchie64

Please be like original dbz. I freaken hate kai, from the animations to the filler cut.
Gotta admit I'd much rather it be like the manga (and I suppose by that respect, like Kai) than the anime.
Alright I got the perfect Dragon Ball Super coming up.

-Goku, Vegeta, Bulma (she back baby), Trunks, Piccolo, and Goten go off to another dimension and enter a team tournament
-comedy is similar to how original Dragon Ball was
-who gives a shit, the first two points are enough
I like it!

Servbot24

Banned
So 20 minutes of camera pans with 2 mins of action per episode. Sign me up

I can deal with it when I have access to every episode, but the idea of watching one episode per week or however they do it is pretty unsettling, and not in a "can't wait for next week!" kind of way

tolkir

What is happening? Digimon is back, Sailor Moon is back, new Dragon Ball anime.

I love this. I don't even care how shitty it will be, but it will be something NEW! NEW GUYS! Dragon Ball hype is back. And it is so sudden D: I think they realized the worldwide movie hype and just said "Yes let us fuck up another series" and now here we are.

Nevertheless I will watch it for sure.

Don't forget Lupin.

jax

Banned
Simply unbelievably amazing news. With Toriyama behind the resurgence, there's no way it can be bad. BoG was great and RoF looks fantastic. Finally we can get some proper closure on this amazing series!! 9 year old me is filucking stoked.

That being said..
Way too much salt in this thread. GTFO. GT was horrible and modern anime is fucking awful. This announcement is a godsend. Maybe now anime will finally stop sucking.

Also, can we keep Return of F spoilers out of here? Not everyone likes to ruin movies for themselves. Thanks.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I want more people to matter than just the magnificent duo(Goku and Vegeta).

Yes, that's what I didn't like in those shounen series, only 1-3 people are really strong and important, the rest not so.
One Piece did a great job at that, caring about the other characters, making them important and strong as well.

Asami208

Banned
My biggest problem with later DBZ was that, after a time, it became "the Saiyan Show." No one but the Saiyan's could do anything of use/value, even Piccolo. They'd make a big deal of them all showing up in their battle outfits and, then just standing around playing cheerleader.

And then after that, it became "the Goku show" because even the other Saiyans couldn't do anything. You spend all that time building Gohan up, teasing this great power that he has, killing off Goku in a "big damn hero moment," and then have Gohan epically kill Cell. And then you torpedo all of that development during the Buu Saga.

I'm intrigued about this, but also somewhat nervous based on these above factors. Also, Buu destroyed the world and killed off EVERYONE except for Goku and King Satan (Hercule), so how the Hell do they top THAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom