• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball TV Series Announced: Dragon Ball Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piccoro

Guess they could not name the new series Super Dragon Ball, because this game exists:
Super_Dragon_Ball_Z_Coverart.png

So they had to put the Super at the end.

And also, please someone tell me of a legal way to purchase the movie Battle of the Gods (and/or Revival of F). I want the Blu-ray, and I guess I need a Zone-2 disc, because I'll play it on my EU PS3.
Can someone please recommend me a good place to buy it?

My biggest problem with later DBZ was that, after a time, it became "the Saiyan Show." No one but the Saiyan's could do anything of use/value, even Piccolo. They'd make a big deal of them all showing up in their battle outfits and, then just standing around playing cheerleader.

And then after that, it became "the Goku show" because even the other Saiyans couldn't do anything. You spend all that time building Gohan up, teasing this great power that he has, killing off Goku in a "big damn hero moment," and then have Gohan epically kill Cell. And then you torpedo all of that development during the Buu Saga.

I'm intrigued about this, but also somewhat nervous based on these above factors. Also, Buu destroyed the world and killed off EVERYONE except for Goku and King Satan (Hercule), so how the Hell do they top THAT!

The show was always the Goku show. Vegeta ruined everything tbh. It meant that 2 saiyans would always be the strongest and now they're the only ones that can compete. If he stayed dead on Namek it would still be the Goku show, but with the non-saiyans doing more work.

Lulubop

I hope this is not where that blue haired Saiyan shit originated from that the new movie supposedly has. I don't like it :(.

Of course it is why wouldn't it be? Ya let's just disregarded all the stuff we been putting out. MAKES SENSE.

Salaadin

Anywhere I can legally stream Dragonball and DBZ? Might be time for a rewatch.

I sub to crunchyroll but I don't remember seeing them on there.

Yaari

Sorry for that. Should have thought about it. I saw a figure of it and did not consider it would upset people, I would not have done it.
I've not seen the movie either yet.

massoluk

Banned
Sounds exciting. It doesn't have to wait for manga storyline, so hopefully less pointless fillers and men grunting to power up.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anywhere I can legally stream Dragonball and DBZ? Might be time for a rewatch.

I sub to crunchyroll but I don't remember seeing them on there.

Watched Dragon Ball on Hulu not too long ago, that's on there in full. DBZ only partially though, but you'll want to watch Kai instead of Z anyways.

Salaadin

Hulu I think.

Funimation.

Watched Dragon Ball on Hulu not too long ago, that's on there in full. DBZ only partially though, but you'll want to watch Kai instead of Z anyways.
Thanks.

Nothing that fits into what I'm currently subscribing to. Maybe I'll sub just for a rewatch and then cancel.

Or I'll grab the physical version of kai but that'll probably be expensive

Edit: ugh those prices

Asami208

Banned
The show was always the Goku show. Vegeta ruined everything tbh. It meant that 2 saiyans would always be the strongest and now they're the only ones that can compete. If he stayed dead on Namek it would still be the Goku show, but with the non-saiyans doing more work.

Or they could have left Goku dead after the Cell Saga (I get the impression that that was the initial idea, it feels very "final") and let Gohan finally step up after teasing what he was capable of for so long. That would have been the natural way to go. But then again the Buu saga was pretty "meh" all-around.

Aiii

So not worth it
Thanks.

Nothing that fits into what I'm currently subscribing to. Maybe I'll sub just for a rewatch and then cancel.

Or I'll grab the physical version of kai but that'll probably be expensive

Edit: ugh those prices

It's on Hulu Free AFAIK.

Jaeger

Best news. The thing is, I knew it was coming. I remember hearing rumors of a new show when the Goku and friends special came out.

Quick question, I have the Madman dvd DB boxset and the Funimation dvd DBZ dragon boxes.

Are these still the highest quality releases available in english?

NeonZ

So GT is officially non-canon?

There were some inconsistencies between Battle of Gods and GT, but Revival F is pretty much completely incompatible with GT already. Goku's and Vegeta's SSJ form now
has blue hair
and Freeza a golden form, and obviously those things didn't exist in GT.

jax

Banned
Alright this is turning into a Return of F spoiler thread. I'm out.

Great news though. Hopefully RoF is released soon so we can all be on the same page. People love ruining movies for themselves I guess

Galang

Banned
I'd only be interested if they cast Goku aside. I'm so tired of him. Give the other characters a chance to shine and I'm in.

Heroman

Banned
Alright this is turning into a Return of F spoiler thread. I'm out.

Great news though. Hopefully RoF is released soon so we can all be on the same page. People love ruining movies for themselves I guess
It a dbz movie , it not hard to guess what gonna happen

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I hope they don't use the same animators/animation style as in all the latest movies (Tarble/Super Bardock/Gods/Return of Frieza), but I'll probably be disappointed.

Also wasn't fond of the storylines and designs in those, but again, they will probably use the same people.

Also this screams cash-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom