• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Edge Scores

8bit

Knows the Score
From 151, I guess. Nicked from yakyak, so no confirmation right now.

Psychonauts 8/10
Destroy All Humans 6/10
Cold Winter 6/10
Nintendogs 7/10
Stella Deus:The Gate Of Eternity 6/10
Dead To Rights 2 3/10
Area 51 6/10
Boiling Point 2/10
Star Wars :Revenge Of The Sith 4/10
Dynasty Warriors 5/10
Smart Bomb 3/10

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Edge hates videogames that aren't remakes of commodore 64 and Amiga "classics". They'll go nuts if a Super Giana Sisters is released tomorrow for the PSP and name it game of the century. Yep, that explains psychonauts.

rainer516 said:
Edge hates videogames that aren't remakes of commodore 64 and Amiga "classics". They'll go nuts if a Super Giana Sisters is released tomorrow for the PSP and name it game of the century. Yep, that explains psychonauts.

No they don't. No they wouldn't.

And an 8 is a very good score from edge - I'd give it an 'edge' 7 myself though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Have people simply forgotten that Edge seems to use the full 10 points scale rather than throwing everything into the 7-10 range?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
rainer516 said:

Thats just bullshit, Edge just has a much harsher marking curve than most publications, 9 & 10 are reserved for the real cream of the crop, 8 is Great in edge, 6 is 'Good' I think.

Great is exactly how id describe psychonauts so they are dead on.

Ruzbeh

Banned
Andy787 said:
WHAT SAY YOU NOW, DOGS?
Z1Z_dog_angry21.jpg

Redblack

Neo Member
Dynasty Warriors 5 / 10.. sure Edge hates franchises, and if is the fifth sure they took five points from the score :lol

pilonv1

Ghost said:
Thats just bullshit, Edge just has a much harsher marking curve than most publications, 9 & 10 are reserved for the real cream of the crop, 8 is Great in edge, 6 is 'Good' I think.

8 = Excellent, 6 = Above Average. Well actually Eight = 8 and Six = 6 with their new scoring :D

Flynn

Ghost said:

Great is exactly how id describe psychonauts so they are dead on.

I'd guess they consider 7 average -- or a gentleman's C.

And I'd agree with their grade on Pychonauts, it's charming, beautiful and funny -- but not a perfect game.

It uses every goddamn button on the Xbox controller -- I don't consider that great game design.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
no, 5 is average, as it should be.

Thanks pilonv for the proper rankings, i couldnt remember exactly.

Sjoerd

8bit said:
From 151, I guess. Nicked from yakyak, so no confirmation right now.
Boiling Point 2/10

They should have given that buggy mess a 1/10... Atari and Ubisoft tend to bring out more buggy games every year it seems.

Top Bottom