• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New full list of ID@XBOX Games Coming to Xbox One

can't wait to get these:

#IDARB
Below
Blues and Bullets
Cuphead
Funk of Titans
Ghost of a Tale
Inside
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Rivals of Aether
The Escapist

biteren

Vulgarr the Viking cool! cant wait to play it on my PS4 later...

but that is a pretty good list of games, that caught me a little by surprise at xbox Gamescom.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showgroups.php

Personally don't see it necessary, but there you go.

I definitely do. This thread could turn into another "Let's look at the last 13 years of 1st Party on Xbox" thread. I like this thread, and I don't want to see it go down that road.

Smite looks cool, and F2P as well.

Release the Kraken!

That's one big one I'm looking forward to. I never played it on PC, but I think it might be a go to game for me if it comes to XB1.

Guerrilla

Is there any timetable for digital releases? On 360 I remember always knowing if a game came out in a few weeks. No it's: Oh today this game hit the store...

What ones are?

My list I'm about to share is based off of my knowledge of the games/devs in question, and how they have acted on twitter/game announcements. Basically, when I say "console exclusive" I mean that as of this writing there is no PS4 version ANNOUNCED to my knowledge. That doesn't mean there isn't one being built, just that I haven't seen these devs talk about platforms other than Xbox and PC.

#IDARB by Other Ocean - Only been announced as Xbox/PC
Below by Capy Games - They are Independent now too, most likely because they want to release on PS4 at some point, but no version like that is announced yet
Cuphead - Only announced as PC/Xbox in 2015 so far
Knight Squad - Has 8 player mode (which only X1 supports) - never heard PS4 mentioned
Massive Chalice - PC/Xbox only announced
Pneuma: Breath of Life - Devs only been talking about Xbox One version on twitter
Spectra - PC/Xbox only announced
Threes! - iOS game, announced for Xbox, works in snap mode
Volgarr the Viking - already on PC, only announced as Xbox atm

Some of them I don't know as they were only announced yesterday, so there might be a PS4 version in the works, not sure.

Some were announced as timed definitively, such as SMITE, INSIDE, Goat Simulator, ect. And Charla said the games in the montage were timed (I've seen people mention Chariot and Never Alone, both of which weren't in the montage afaik so not sure what's up with them).

Others on the list have confirmed PS4 announcements, and some of them have even already been rated for PS4 (Chariot, Flockers)

Is there any timetable for digital releases? On 360 I remember always knowing if a game came out in a few weeks. No it's: Oh today this game hit the store...

That's because on 360 you could only get published by an actual game publisher, so usually those games were held to tighter schedules and deadlines. With ID@Xbox you are free and not tied down to anyone, so things can be a bit looser and you are on your own schedule, not something your publisher is holding you to saying "this game needs to be out on August 25 because that is our allocated spot and deadline".

DizzyCrow

Haven't looked at all the games on this list but the fact that even a few stand out for me makes me happy as I don't own a PS4 and these indies are generally more to my liking than Sony's (not to say I won't miss Hell Blade, No Mans Sky and another I can't remember the name of).

Cuphead, Super Hot, Ghost of a Tale will definitely be purchased if they continue to impress.

Below is already bought.
Time exclusive.

DizzyCrow

iirc, No Man's Sky is timed as well
Really? I thought it was PS4/PC only, color me interested then.

Edit: I thought the Xbox parity clause would kill the chances of release but then I saw this:
ID@Xbox said:
"Our goal is not to limit developers who are interested in Xbox One. In instances where games have signed a timed exclusive with another platform, we’ll work with them on a case by case basis. We encourage them to get in touch at id@xbox.com."

TRios Zen

There are a lot of games on that list that I'm interested in seeing more about.

Cuphead and Below seem like no-brainers at this point and IDARB and Love in a Dangerous Spacetime seem likely also.

WE don't have hard release dates for most of these though, do we?

And where is D4?

OMG! Some of these are AMAZING!!! Ugh! We need to have a thread with all ID@Xbox games in Gif format to spread the love. Some of these games are, God... Just I can't.. They are so beautiful. Lordt... I need a seat.

TRios Zen

edit: This list is just games that appeared at Gamescom in their conference and playable guys, that's why a lot are missing, like the below games :p

I don't think it is at Gamescom

Not at Gamescom

Was this list limited to games that were shown at Gamescom? I assumed it was a total list of ID@XBOX games, my misunderstanding.

Was this list limited to games that were shown at Gamescom? I assumed it was a total list of ID@XBOX games, my misunderstanding.

No worries, no worries, I was a little confused myself at first, but it says this in the openeing:

"All of the ID@Xbox games shown during the Xbox media briefing are coming first to console on Xbox One, but these are only a fraction of the hundreds of games coming to Xbox One from independent developers.

ID@Xbox games at gamescom this year, including additional games playable in the Xbox booth, include:"

There's A LOT more than these :)

Team 17 working overtime. So many of them I want.
Yep! Chris said during the conference they were bringing all of their games over.

Their PR Manager on twitter said that Flockers and Overruled! will be releasing this year, The Escapists in 2015.

TRios Zen

No worries, no worries, I was a little confused myself at first, but it says this in the openeing:

"All of the ID@Xbox games shown during the Xbox media briefing are coming first to console on Xbox One, but these are only a fraction of the hundreds of games coming to Xbox One from independent developers.

ID@Xbox games at gamescom this year, including additional games playable in the Xbox booth, include:"

There's A LOT more than these :)

Yeah, so @ bolded - scary good to hear!

theDeeDubs

I'm so glad Volgarr is coming to consoles. I ironically made a post on the feedback site essentially port begging it just days before it was announced. Nothing related and just weird timing but I just thought it was funny. "They really DO listen." ;p

Cuphead gives me this weird creepy nostalgia. I don't know what it was about old Disney cartoons but some of them had this weird undertone. Hope it plays as good as it looks.

DizzyCrow

iirc, it was announced as first on PS4 this year's E3 show, not as a full exclusive
I thought the parity clause would prevent the release of this game, but then I saw this:
ID@XBOX said:
"Our goal is not to limit developers who are interested in Xbox One. In instances where games have signed a timed exclusive with another platform, we’ll work with them on a case by case basis. We encourage them to get in touch at id@xbox.com."

When was it said it was timed?

if you read the Edge article Hello Games said NMS would appear first on PS4, then on PC, and they designed the game to be "consele-y". they always planned the game to be played on consoles, plus they don't mention it would be only released on PS4, nor PS4 exclusive.

NMS has never been an exclusive title until this year's E3 announcement, in which they didn't say it was a PS4 exclusive

FHIZ

Have the Super Hot developers said anything about offering an Xbox One option to the kickstarter backers?

Kssio_Aug

They should do an ID@Xbox app. Would be cool to keep track of everything new its coming with future releases, screenshots, trailers and even a "direct link" to the store when the game is released!

There are many games, but its hard to keep track of all of them and we end up missing some stuff.

theDeeDubs

I haven't been following the game but when I saw No Time to Explain I cracked up seeing the title matched with what I was watching on screen. Title seems fitting.

I want to know more about The Escapists. Games like that I always assume are more strategy, but if it's a single character and an RPG, I'm interested. Need more prison life games in general.

They should do an ID@Xbox app. Would be cool to keep track of everything new its coming with future releases, screenshots, trailers and even a "direct link" to the store when the game is released!

There are many games, but its hard to keep track of all of them and we end up missing some stuff.

That sounds great actually. Should put it up on the feedback site and link it here to get some votes.

Top Bottom