• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New High Rez Kameo pix for Joo

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
4115261qo.jpg

4115283xe.jpg

411536ij.jpg

4115345ia.jpg

4115224np.jpg

4115236fq.jpg

4115255op.jpg

4115275nn.jpg

4115292aa.jpg

4115353an.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Ah, screens...a convinient way to hide bad framerate. ;)

Looks quite nice though...the colors/art style somehow reminds me a bit of Shrek (the movies).

EDIT: Wait a sec, I just wrote "quite nice"...somehow forgot this is supposed to be a 360 game. :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm not too impressed either, actually. I'm sure it'll look much better in a few months, however.

I don't like her character design much, anyway.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Watching this on an HDTV at E3 was an amazing experience. It truly looked next-gen as the MS guy was going through different levels and scenes. I don't know if it will look that good on a normal TV, but I was blown away by how it looked at E3.

sly

Banned
nitewulf said:

Ditto. Some of the textures are downright horrible; look at the ground in the last shot. the grass is just nasty. Looks like a polished Xbox game. I hope the final product is better than this. If Gears of War can look that good I believe Rare can do better.(I know they are different games, but still.0

Eh, what's with the two-dimensional grass "crosses" in that last shot? I thought we did away with flat, ugly vegitation a while ago.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ugh, nevermind

but its still pretty awful.

a wannabe anime character wearing hooker red lip stick(accented with her lee press on nails).

the tribal tatoos really top it off

the more i look at that sudeki picture the more i feel embarassed for everyone involved.

This includes the xbots, microsoft, and anyone who was ever a part of the making. Not only are hte designs themselves bad but the guy who modeled them probably wouldnt be able to pass a high school figure drawing class.

gunstarhero

Watching this on an HDTV at E3 was an amazing experience. It truly looked next-gen as the MS guy was going through different levels and scenes. I don't know if it will look that good on a normal TV, but I was blown away by how it looked at E3.

This man speaks the truth. I was very impressed seeing the demo at E3 as well - One thing I noticed in the demo was when they were showing the snow creature (one of the forms Kameo can take) you could actually see Kameo inside the creature - it was a really cool transparency effect. Hard to describe, you have to see it in motion to appreciate it fully.

olimario

Banned
gunstarhero said:
This man speaks the truth. I was very impressed seeing the demo at E3 as well - One thing I noticed in the demo was when they were showing the snow creature (one of the forms Kameo can take) you could actually see Kameo inside the creature - it was a really cool transparency effect. Hard to describe, you have to see it in motion to appreciate it fully.

I saw this effect in motion... on the GameCube... 3 years ago

Flatbread

surprised by the reactions until i realized i was on gaming age forums.

That first shot is incredible, but we have to wait and see

sp0rsk said:
ugh, nevermind

but its still pretty awful.

a wannabe anime character wearing hooker red lip stick(accented with her lee press on nails).

the tribal tatoos really top it off

the more i look at that sudeki picture the more i feel embarassed for everyone involved.

This includes the xbots, microsoft, and anyone who was ever a part of the making. Not only are hte designs themselves bad but the guy who modeled them probably wouldnt be able to pass a high school figure drawing class.
BUT THE CONCEPT ARTISTS HAVE TRUE ARTISTIC TALENT!!!!11u *links to 50 subpar hand-drawn concept pieces*

Rhindle

Here are a few of my crappy digicam pics from the E3 demo. They still don't do the brilliance of the visual quality justice, but at least the are in full resolution. The game is nothing short of STUNNING to look at.

p10100796mz.jpg

p10100815td.jpg

p10100860td.jpg

p10100879eg.jpg

p10101014ka.jpg

p10100916zk.jpg

Monk

Banned
Is it me or does this game and 99 nights or whatever the other game is called look better than most games on the 360? I mean look at those screens so many enemies, it's like they are getting them for free!

"the more i look at that sudeki picture the more i feel embarassed for everyone involved.

This includes the xbots, microsoft, and anyone who was ever a part of the making. Not only are hte designs themselves bad but the guy who modeled them probably wouldnt be able to pass a high school figure drawing class."

:lol I'm sure he won't be able to sleep tonight knowing you don't approve.

dorio

Banned
gunstarhero said:
Just watched the first one - what is Kameo doing in that rainbow tunnel scene? Looks like she's holding up a staff or something.

And yea - it does/did look good on the GC.
Yep, good art on the GC, bad art on the xbox. :)

dorio

Banned
Mike Works said:
4115292aa.jpg

Ugh, that's easily one of the worst character designs I've ever seen from any company with such a large financial backing.
What's wrong with it? What do you expect a flesh eating plant thingy to look like. :rolleyes

CrimsonSkies said:
:lol I'm sure he won't be able to sleep tonight knowing you don't approve.
D-D-D-DAMAGE CONTROL!

Mike Works said:
4115292aa.jpg

Ugh, that's easily one of the worst character designs I've ever seen from any company with such a large financial backing.
Agreed. :lol I was sure they would have dropped that hideos creature from the game by now, but unfortunately it seems to be the one constant in Kameo's turbulent history.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
olimario said:
No... Really, it's not even close.

sudeki033.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I agree. Nothing comes close.

Also, this looked DREADFUL at E3. Seriously. It was all crap models and normal mapping to try and hide the N64 to GC port standard models.

Next Gen my arse. The gameplay just looked like it will end up as a cute hack n slash, with each beast power/element representing a different move set that happens to be able to solve puzzles.

That bit with her on horseback versus 100s of dragons just looked dull as arse. Needless to say, despite my incredible distaste for this game, I'll wait till it's finished before I brand it as filth or otherwise.

quadriplegicjon said:
im not the only one that thinks the stone walls/rooftops and other things look way too plasticy .. right ?

Not at all. I'm hoping for a lot more from the final version but so far I am not seeing anything from Rare to bolster my confidence. With any luck, Kameo is like PD0 in that the gameplay is finished and now all they have to do is give us a reason to invest in new hardware (read: much better graphics).

Top Bottom