• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New High Rez Kameo pix for Joo

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
CrimsonSkies said:
"the more i look at that sudeki picture the more i feel embarassed for everyone involved.

This includes the xbots, microsoft, and anyone who was ever a part of the making. Not only are hte designs themselves bad but the guy who modeled them probably wouldnt be able to pass a high school figure drawing class."

:lol I'm sure he won't be able to sleep tonight knowing you don't approve.

I'm sad for you.

Ranger X

My God guys, what are you expecting from a game like this one that ISN'T A TRUE NEXT GEN GAME. This game is "upgraded present gen game". And mind you, most of the first 360 games will be "upgraded present gen game".

goomba

Banned
Being an "upgraded present gen game" didnt stop Starfox Adventures from being one of the prettiest games this gen.

sammy

... damn this game's art-direction just has Euro-Trash-"We donno' what the fuck we're doin" written all over it....

Fan-art bad .... man...

oh well.. should be fun enough, but some developers should question their tastes relative to their audience.

Bebpo

Banned
You have to wonder, if a western developer wants to make an 'eastern' looking game...why don't they just hire some Japanese modelers/artists to do the designs/models/textures?

Amir0x

Banned
Bebpo said:
You have to wonder, if a western developer wants to make an 'eastern' looking game...why don't they just hire some Japanese modelers/artists to do the designs/models/textures?

Duh, money!

Also, I don't think the art style is too eastern, it seems decidedly mixed because it takes aspects from both west and east. It's still a thoroughly unpleasing style, but it's not near as painful an effort as the aforementioned Sudeki.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
4115292aa.jpg

"Hi , i'm here for the audition for the part of 'stupid plant type thing' for Halo 3.... hellloooooOOOoo?"

Socreges

Banned
I love the environments... but everything is looking uglier and uglier as I sober up to next-gen. This game will age terribly.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Man, I thought Kameo was a pretty good game when I played the Xbox demo last summer. Damn, though, that one plant shot looks like it came straight from the Xbox version (Or did it?). Either way, Rare needs to get their act together.

No one complained about the stupid looking plant things in Ocarina of Time...what gives? Oh right, it's a Nintendo game so nothing about any of their games could possibly be bad. Ever. But one crappy enemy design is worth 3893093 posters having a whinge about it...right.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Optimistic said:
No one complained about the stupid looking plant things in Ocarina of Time...what gives? Oh right, it's a Nintendo game so nothing about any of their games could possibly be bad. Ever. But one crappy enemy design is worth 3893093 posters having a whinge about it...right.

So very touchy.

The plant things in Zelda looked right within the context of the game. Tingle was shit. I would argue that the character designs in Kameo don't seem to gel with the rest of the game (that has been seen thus far).

Frankly, I would agree that the plant character looks like shit, as does the art style in general. My guess is, multiple cooks have been involved in it since inception and the original spirit got diluted or confused along the way.

Socreges

Banned
Optimistic said:
Try... THREE FUCKING PEOPLE.... wow!

That post was dumb for several more reasons, but forget it.

Ramirez said:
Looks good,as usual alot of idiotic replies,but it wouldn't be GAF without those...
You, too, have my sympathy.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
by rare's standards the character design is pretty good actually.

where's that pic where it has a pair of eyes + an inanimate object = new character?

Optimistic said:
First of all, that's not an enemy design, you play as that.. thing.

Second of all;

majora_deku_family.jpg

kameo_092603_11.jpg

You're right though, they're practically the same thing.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I was impressed by the first couple of shots then the further I went down it all just looked like a jumbled mixed bag of half/decent graphics with lacking art design. I actually liked those green enemies in this picture because it reminded me of what a Next Gen Zelda with TP quality art would look like.

926276_20050518_screen014.jpg

EDIT: Wait a minute I just noticed those mountains in the background are 2D bitmaps. How 1993 Doom tacky.

quin

Shaheed79 said:
I was impressed by the first couple of shots then the further I went down it all just looked like a jumbled mixed bag of half/decent graphics with lacking art design. I actually liked those green enemies in this picture because it reminded me of what a Next Gen Zelda with TP quality art would look like.

EDIT: Wait a minute I just noticed those mountains in the background are 2D bitmaps. How 1993 Doom tacky.

you do know that isn't a shot of kameo right?

Ranger X

goomba said:
Being an "upgraded present gen game" didnt stop Starfox Adventures from being one of the prettiest games this gen.

Yeah right, bring out the exception like if it was the rule...

Borys

Banned
Shaheed79 said:

Uhhhh... that's an Xbox game.
Kingdom Under Fire I think.

Also, you do know that the game isn't close to being released yet, right?

"OHMUG IT LOOKS SHITTY TODAY! IT'LL LOOK SHITTY WHEN IT COMES OUT LOLIFICATION!"

Man. . . .

Redbeard

Banned
These pics show a really wierd mixture/lack of effects.

Like here:
4115292aa.jpg

Shouldn't they be using parallax mapping on these stones so they don't look completely flat?

And here:
4115353an.jpg

Isn't there a better way of doing grass than this?

At the very least they shouldn't be releasing pictures that make the flaws so obvious.

Top Bottom