• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Interview with Yoshihiro Maruyama

sangreal

He is the head of Xbox Japan for you cave dwellers

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200507/N05.0725.1321.09238.htm

Most likely when Resident Evil 5 is published in Japan the 360 version will be hi-def quality with next-gen graphics. But PlayStation 2 will be just ordinary graphics. So until PlayStation 3 comes we have an exclusive window to the hi-def gaming experience for the consumer.

GI: Resident Evil 5 is coming to the PS3 and...

Maruyama: PS3? Maybe the PS3 version will come, I hope, later than ours.

:lol

Unless he knows osmething we don't he is really out of it...

Odysseus

Banned
Game Informer said:
GI: You have a great history in the industry. How did you land at Microsoft?

Maruyama: I started working in the videogame business about ten years ago in '95 when I joined Squaresoft. At that time, Square was one of the closest third party developers to Nintendo. And actually I was invited to join Squaresoft by the president. "Squaresoft is the closest ally of Nintendo. And Nintendo will be forever." That's what he said. But a week after I joined people started saying, "Maybe we should switch to Sony." Which really shocked me. (laughs)

"Did I say forever?"

bloke

Game Informer: This is an impressive list of games and developers that you are announcing today.

Maruyama: That is not the complete list because we have more than what we are announcing today under development. Basically we’re giving a list of 37 companies working on 45 titles today. In reality, we have close to 50 publishers working on around 100 titles. Gradually we’ll be announcing more and more titles closer to the launch of the 360.
Nice to know there are lot more stuff not announced yet.

bloke said:
Nice to know there are lot more stuff not announced yet.

Yeah, the quote you chose from the interview is pretty much what I wanted to hear. I must have been living under a rock recently, but what is this X05 business? I googled it quickly earlier and is it in Europe?

sangreal

theREBELins said:
Yeah, the quote you chose from the interview is pretty much what I wanted to hear. I must have been living under a rock recently, but what is this X05 business? I googled it quickly earlier and is it in Europe?

x05 is in Europe in October. There are atleast 2 major events before that, the first being GC 2005 in August and the second TGS in September.

Prine

Banned
theREBELins said:

We should hopefully get a proper PD Zero trailer and an updated Kameo trailer/pics. Hopefully a confirmation on Rallisport Challenge 3

Striek

Flo_Evans said:
wtf.. I guess this is where Ken gets his "MS is designing a system to fight the PS2 not the PS3" stuff from.
Hahaha yeah :lol
But seriously, at least hes being realistic about the 360s chances in Japan.
I don't know if he can stop it being re-Dreamcasted (hah), I mean Sega was a lot more popular and had some major games released...

Edit; thought it best to say, yes MS has money but thats not enough...

Top Bottom